|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - DJOKOVIC 2-6 6-1 6-4 - GAME, SET AND MATCH! Novak Djokovic wins through to the quarter-finals of the Monte Carlo Masters with a comfortable service hold closing it out! He's extremely emotional after the death of his grandfather this morning, and he leaves the court in tears after raising his eyes to the sky. In the last eight, Djokovic will face either Robin Haase or Thomaz Bellucci. Full drawsheet
- - DJOKOVIC 2-6 6-1 5-4 - BREAK! What a time to break from the ever-ruthless Djokovic, who pounces to capitalise on an unforced error from Dolgopolov, before finding a string of fine groundstrokes to leave his opponent helpless. Can he now serve out for the match?
- - DJOKOVIC 2-6 6-1 4-4 - The top seed is tested once more as Dolgopolov blasts a forehand cross court to peg him back, but Djokovic comes through to hold in impressively efficient fashion to level at 4-4.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-6 6-1 3-4 - Dolgopolov is utterly unfazed by the situation as he holds once more under immense pressure from Djokovic, and this final set is very finely poised.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-6 6-1 3-3 - Djokovic again holds, and this time it's with relative ease as he pounds a forehand down the line and moves in court to dispose of a short midcourt backhand from his opponent.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-6 6-1 2-3 - Dolgopolov moves in front once more, and the 16th seed is continuing to battle on valiantly in this final set. He holds and stays on terms with the world number one.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-6 6-1 2-2 - Djokovic slams a forehand down the line and ensures that Dolgopolov is unable to get a foothold in the game. The Ukrainian is battling away furiously from the back of the court, and is having to.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-6 6-1 1-2 - Dolgopolov moves in front once more after an epic game, with Djokovic taking it to deuce with a string of fine groundstrokes, but the Ukrainian holds firm to hold.
- - The rain finally eases off once more in Monte Carlo, and we are back underway with Dolgopolov serving from 1-1.
- - Another heavy shower sees play suspended once more on Court Central, and both players look incredibly frustrated as they have to trudge away.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-6 6-1 1-1 - Djokovic levels at 1-1 with a flurry of destructive groundstrokes as the Serb ensures that Dolgopolov is unable to get going in this game. Djokovic's rhythm looks to be upset by the rain, though...
- - DJOKOVIC 2-6 6-1 0-1 - Dolgopolov gets off to a solid start in this final set as he finds a powerful forehand down the line to keep Djokovic firmly pegged back on the court. The Ukrainian holds to his own relief.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-6 6-1 - SET! Djokovic closes out the second set with a forehand winner cross court closing it out. The Serb levels up this match after losing the opening set, and it's normal service restored on Court Central as far as the world number one is concerned.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-6 5-1 - BREAK! Djokovic moves to within a game of the second set, and he breaks Dolgopolov with consummate ease as he fires a backhand down the line to clinch it! The Ukrainian looks to be settling for the deciding set now.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-6 4-1 - Djokovic extends his lead and restores his three-game cushion once more as he holds serve, and the Serb is thriving now after losing the opening set.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-6 3-1 - Dolgopolov belatedly gets on the board with a solid hold, and Djokovic goes wide with two attempted forehand passing shots. The Ukrainian continues to battle on tirelessly.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-6 3-0 - Djokovic consolidates his break of serve with a battling hold, and he has to come from 0-40 down to recover! Dolgopolov does very little wrong, but the top seed forces his way back to hold.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-6 2-0 - BREAK! Djokovic, clearly fired up after losing the first set, clenches his fist in delight as he breaks serve with Dolgopolov outfoxed from the back of the court as the world number one takes control!
- - DJOKOVIC 2-6 1-0 - Djokovic gives a thumbs up to his camp in the stand as he closes out a solid service hold to get underway in this second set, and the Serb will have to lift his level considerably from the first.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-6 - SET! What a set of tennis from Dolgopolov, who bludgeons a forehand down the line to close out the game after three fine first serves ensure that Djokovic can never get a foothold. Dolgopolov takes the opening set - could we be on course for a big upset?
- - DJOKOVIC 2-5 - BREAK! Dolgopolov breaks for a second time in this opening set, and Djokovic again sees his serve taken apart by the Ukrainian, who is playing some sparkling tennis from the back of the court, and off both wings!
- - DJOKOVIC 2-4 - Dolgopolov extends his lead once more with another fine hold, and he ensures that Djokovic cannot force his way back into the opening set, outsmarting his opponent from the back of the court.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-3 - Djokovic clenches his fist in determination as he closes out his second service game, and it's a gritty response from the world number one as he tries to get himself going.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-3 - Dolgopolov manages to consolidate his break of serve, fighting off Djokovic from 30-30 with two well-crafted points from the back of the court. The Ukrainian is putting up a valiant resistance.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-2 - BREAK! What a game from Dolgopolov, who seizes control of the opening set with a brilliant assault on the Djokovic serve, breaking to grab the advantage early on! Can he now consolidate that break?
- - DJOKOVIC 1-1 - Dolgopolov rarely shows any real signs of nerves, and he is extremely confident as he fires a forehand down the line with a crisp strike to beat Djokovic's lunge and hold serve to level at 1-1.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-0 - After winning the toss and electing to serve first, Djokovic comfortably sails through his opening service game without any real problems as Dolgopolov attempts to find his range with a string of wild returns.
- - Dolgopolov had lost seven of his last 13 matches coming into Monte Carlo but has won back-to-back wins in his first two rounds, and although he did lose his only previous meeting with Djokovic, it was very close at times (he held four set points in a thrilling first set tie-breaker but eventually fell in straight sets, 7-6(14) 6-4 6-2).
- - Monte Carlo is one of the three ATP Masters 1000 events currently on the calendar Djokovic has never won, along with Cincinnati and Shanghai - but he has been to the final here before (in 2009).
- - Next up on Court Central, world number one Novak Djokovic is in action against Alexandr Dolgopolov in their third round clash. Do you fancy Djokovic to win this tournament at the expense of Nadal, Murray, Tsonga et al? Get in touch on Twitter!
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||07/11/1988|