|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - FERRER 3-6 2-6 - GAME, SET AND MATCH! What a stunning victory for Thomaz Bellucci, who blasts fifth seed David Ferrer off the court in emphatic fashion, taking it 6-3 6-2! The Brazilian storms into the last 16 where he will face Robin Haase of the Netherlands. Full drawsheet
- - FERRER 3-6 1-4 - BREAK! Bellucci breaks for a second time in this second set as he takes complete control of this match! Ferrer continues to find no real rhythm on his serve, and he is really struggling to get to grips with Bellucci's play.
- - FERRER 3-6 0-1 - BREAK! What a performance this is turning out to be from Bellucci, who seizes the initiative of the second set with a stunning forehand down the line and a crisp forehand cross court to take control once more!
- - FERRER 3-6 - SET! Bellucci closes out the opening set in emphatic fashion, taking it 6-3 with Ferrer comprehensively outplayed! The Spaniard will have to really raise his level in the second set if he is to avoid being dumped out in the second round in Monte Carlo!
- - FERRER 0-2 - BREAK! Bellucci breaks serve as he stamps his authority on the opening set, and the Brazilian opens up a commanding lead at the start of this match. Ferrer is really struggling to find any impetus.
- - Ferrer has had an excellent season so far, his 24-3 record including three ATP World Tour titles, and now he returns to one of his favorite stops, having made the quarter-finals or better here six times before (his most at any ATP Masters 1000 event). He was a finalist here last year, one of three ATP Masters 1000 finals he has reached.
- - The next match on Court Central sees fifth seed David Ferrer take on Thomaz Bellucci of Brazil, with the Spaniard one of the favourites for the tournament.
|Date of Birth||30/12/1987|
|Date of Birth||02/04/1982|