|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Fernando Verdasco or Kei Nishikori awaits in the last four. ATP BARCELONA DRAW
- - NADAL 6-2 6-2 – GAME, SET AND MATCH – He drops the first point, but it is a mere blip as Nadal serves out the match – finishing with two aces to make it 32 wins in a row in Barcelona. His 75th successive win on clay in April(s).
- - NADAL 6-2 5-2 – BREAK – Three break points as Nadal comes in to volley with his sweat-stained mane flying behind him. And the first of them is all he needs.
- - NADAL 6-2 4-2 – Love game to hold as Nadal moves closer to victory. He has been serving very well this week.
- - NADAL 6-2 3-2 – BREAK – A fourth double fault from Tipso gives Nadal the edge at the start of this game and his accuracy also deserts him on his groundstrokes as he goes 30—40 down. An attacking stroke saves the break point, but Nadal goes on to move break up in the set once more.
- - NADAL 6-2 2-2 – BREAK – Stonking winner from the Serbian to earn a break point! That was Djokovic-esque; indeed he isn’t dissimilar as a player to his best mate. Though not as good, obviously. And the break comes when Nadal hits well wide.
- - NADAL 6-2 2-1 – Much better on serve from Tipsarevic as he coasts to a hold to get on the board in this one. Those funky red-and-black shades only begin to tell the story of a fascinating individual… check out his Wikipedia page.
- - NADAL 6-2 2-0 – Nadal holds a 2-0 record in their head-to-head, and that looks likely to become 3-0 today as he smashes two home from close range on his way to a two-game lead in the set. Their last meeting was a 6-1 6-0 6-2 win in a Davis Cup World Group tie on clay in 2009. Tipso retired while two sets down in the other meeting at the 2007 US Open (hard court).
- - NADAL 6-2 1-0 – BREAK – Love game to break from Nadal – disastrous start to the set for the world number eight Tipsarevic.
- - The first-service stats do not differ much, but Nadal won 50 per cent against the 15 per cent of Tipsarevic of his second-serve points in that set. The Spaniard converted two of three break chances, while Tipso failed with all four of his.
- - NADAL 6-2 – SET – Huge forehand winner down the line from Tipsarevic to take the initiative, and he then moves 0-30 ahead. A double fault gives him three break chances. Was I being premature? Nope – Nadal roars back to save all three, the last one a drive to the net for a vicious volley. Another attack gives the favourite advantage and he closes out the set with his fifth point in a row.
- - NADAL 5-2 – Excellent returning from Rafa, especially on the backhand, as he claims break and set point. Tipso meets the following return with a superb winner to save it and goes on to hold – but he is staring down the barrel in this set and is more likely playing to gain form for the second set.
- - NADAL 5-1 – Nadal somehow gets to a ball well outside the tramlines in time to crash back a winner on its downward trajectory for 15-15. His accuracy holds up to secure the hold – finished with an ace – and move within a game of the set.
- - NADAL 4-1 – Tipsarevic responds by going 40-0 up and closes the game out two points later – but the point that has the crowd humming is a spectacular backhand pass from Rafa while defending. He is something special on his surface.
- - NADAL 4-0 – Tipsarevic’s all-action, Agassi-like style sends Rafa scurrying about in defence on the first point – but he won’t come in close. And he lives to regret it as Nadal eventually digs out a superlative winner that lands right in the corner. The Serb claims the following two points but that is where the resistance ends, with Nadal closing out the game with a delightful drop-shot.
- - NADAL 3-0 – BREAK – Nadal begins his points from deep, but once he finds a powerful stroke – taken high up – he races in to apply pressure with strokes from inside the baseline. A Tipso net gives the Mallorcan another break chance – and he is gifted it by a double fault.
- - NADAL 2-0 – Nadal strikes a topspin backhand wide from the centre of the court to go break point down. A big serve saves it and he goes on to hold and extend his lead.
- - NADAL 1-0 – BREAK – The first game goes to deuce as Nadal remains well behind the baseline. He is punished by a drop shot chopped perfectly by the Serbian, but the Spaniard saves two game points before earning his first break chance. And defending from deep, he somehow cracks back a Tipso smash to force an error at the net. Such aggression.
- - Tipsarevic to serve first. Fernando Verdasco or Kei Nishikori awaits the winner in the semis. BARCELONA DRAW
- - Earlier today, Andy Murray was outplayed by ‘New Pete Sampras’ Milos Raonic as the Scot was eliminated in straight sets. MURRAY DUMPED OUT
- - Colombian qualifier Robert Farah put up a fight but was inevitably beaten by top seed Nadal in the third round. NADAL DISPOSES OF PLUCKY FARAH
- - Still no sunshine as the players knock up. But it is still warm in Barcelona.
- - World number two Rafael Nadal takes on Janko Tipsarevic of Serbia in their ATP Barcelona quarter-final.
|Date of Birth||03/06/1986|
|Date of Birth||22/06/1984|