No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - KERBER 3-6 6-7 - ERRANI WINS THROUGH! What a victory for the Italian, who takes the tie-break in convincing fashion to win in straight sets to defy Kerber! Errani is through to the semi-finals at Roland Garros, against all the odds, and she will next face sixth seed Sam Stosur in the last four. Drawsheet
- - KERBER 3-6 6-6 (2-4) - Errani makes the early running in this breaker as she twice slams forehand winners from poor Kerber serves, and the Italian is giving it everything.
- - KERBER 3-6 6-6 - BREAK! Kerber again squanders the opportunity to take the second set on serve, and Errani shows tremendous guts and determination to take it to a tie-break after breaking in an extended and tense deuce!
- - KERBER 3-6 6-5 - BREAK! Errani is furious with herself as she lets her serve be broken yet again, and she cannot find any rhythm or conviction on her first delivery.
- - KERBER 3-6 5-5 - BREAK! Errani hits back yet again, and neither player is able to hold serve at the moment with the Italian capitalising on some slack first and second deliveries from her opponent.
- - KERBER 3-6 5-4 - BREAK! This match continues to go one way, then the other, as both players exchange incredible rallies! Kerber breaks again to give herself the advantage - can she serve out for the set?
- - KERBER 3-6 4-4 - BREAK! Errani has been superb in this match as she continues to battle back every time it is demanded of her: she breaks serve with a flurry of brilliant groundstrokes!
- - KERBER 3-6 4-3 - BREAK! Kerber stamps her authority on the second set now as she breaks to lead 4-3, with Errani faltering badly on serve for the first real time in the match.
- - KERBER 3-6 3-3 - Kerber levels the second set up at 3-3 with two crushing forehand winners, and the German is really beginning to hit her straps now!
- - KERBER 3-6 2-3 - The momentum is now with Errani as she follows up her break back with a solid hold in very composed fashion. Can she now break again?
- - KERBER 3-6 2-2 - BREAK! Errani breaks straight back as the Italian refuses to be dictated to in this second set, and Kerber will have to really respond now after seeing her serve savaged.
- - KERBER 3-6 2-1 - BREAK! Kerber seizes the initiative at the start of this second set with a flurry of powerful groundstrokes, and she is in control now - can Errani respond?
- - KERBER 3-6 1-1 - Kerber levels at 1-1 as the German continues to battle exceptionally hard, and she is beginning to look more confident on serve.
- - KERBER 3-6 0-1 - Errani holds to establish herself at the start of this second set, and the Italian is really battling hard as she comes under real pressure.
- - KERBER 3-6 - SET! Errani is looking incredibly confident as she breaks serve to take the opening set in very convincing fashion! Kerber again falters on serve, and she's slipping further behind.
- - KERBER 3-5 - Errani again holds in gutsy fashion under a great deal of pressure from her opponent, and she clenches her fist in delight as she closes it out!
- - KERBER 3-4 - Kerber is refusing to be dictated to in this opening set despite falling behind early on, and the German slams an emphatic forehand winner down the line to hold.
- - KERBER 2-4 - Kerber battles exceptionally hard with two forehands which leave Errani helpless, but she cannot prevent her opponent from holding once more.
- - KERBER 2-3 - Kerber reduces the deficit once more with a backhand slice to close out the game, and she holds comfortably to remain in contention.
- - KERBER 1-3 - Errani holds serve once more with a fine series of groundstrokes to back up her consistently precise serve. Kerber is struggling to get into this match.
- - KERBER 1-2 - Kerber belatedly gets on the board with a forehand down the line, and a two big second serves show her confidence as she holds.
- - KERBER 0-2 - Errani holds serve pretty comfortably to consolidate her break and assume early control in this opening set. Can Kerber respond now?
- - KERBER 0-1 - BREAK! Kerber is very sluggish as she finds just two first deliveries and Errani pounces ruthlessly to break serve early on!
- - Kerber won the pair's only previous encounter very comfortably in Hobart this year, taking it 6-1 6-2. But will Errani be able to compete better today?
- - You can watch this match LIVE on Eurosport 2 and on the Eurosport Player!
- - On Court Suzanne Lenglen, the first match up sees Germany's 10th seed Angelique Kerber face Sara Errani of Italy in their quarter-final encounter.
|Date of Birth||29/04/1987|
|Date of Birth||18/01/1988|