No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - SIMON 7-5 7-6 7-6 3-6 2-6 - GAME SET AND MATCH WAWRINKA! An epic, and the final game reflects this as a series of rallies see the Swiss bring up two match points, which he takes with a cute drop shot from the net. Chapeau! Up next it's Tsonga! Men's draw.
- - SIMON 7-5 7-6 7-6 3-6 2-5 - BREAK! After holding from that break to 2-4, Wawrinka shades a staggering Simon as the Frenchman's backhand flies long! The Swiss is serving for the match!
- - SIMON 7-5 7-6 7-6 3-6 1-2 -BREAK! Break point for Stan, well two actually as the home crowd get restless following some mistakes by Simon – who hands Wawrinka the game but netting poorly with the Swiss stranded at the left side of the baseline.
- - SIMON 7-5 7-6 7-6 3-6 - SET! It goes all the way as Wawrinka holds on to his next service game to level at two sets each.
- - SIMON 7-5 7-6 7-6 3-5 - BREAK! And what a break! Two break points for Stan as he shows great power and grit to get something on everything, and he hits a clean backhand winner down the line to set himself up nicely, serving to level at two sets each!
- - SIMON 5-7 7-6(5) 7-6(3) 2-1 - BREAK! Roars and an 'allez' confirm the Frenchman has broken, to 15 as Stan goes long! Crucial point in this match!
- - SIMON 5-7 7-6(5) 7-6(3) - SET! Three set points for Simon after a couple of mini-breaks! And he takes them as Wawrinka hits wide!!
- - SIMON 5-7 7-6(5) 6-6 - It stays with serve and goes to a tiebreak again!
- - SIMON 5-7 7-6(5) 4-3 - BREAK! Silence before the odd yelp of encouragement as Simon lets his break slip thanks to some aggression from the Swiss.
- - SIMON 5-7 7-6(5) 4-1 - Wawrinka has a break-back point but an unreturnable serve from Simon sees to that. Deuce. And the Swiss nets weakly with a backhand, I'll chalk that up as an unforced error, but then Simon responds with a poor low shot of his own. But he has advantage as Wawrinka goes long and then holds as the Swiss spins a return wide.
- - SIMON 5-7 7-6(5) 2-0 - BREAK! After getting the third set underway with a hold, Simon breaks Wawrinka. He is helped by a very lucky shot he underhit into the net that somehow trickled over; the winning point is a thundering baseline rally, with Wawrinka eventually flagging.
- - SIMON 5-7 7-6(5) - SET! Simon manages to close out the tiebreak and they are level at one set apiece now.
- - SIMON 5-7 6-6 (6-5) A mini-break for Simon at a killer time - two set points and he's on serve in this tiebreak - but he nets after a rally! Just the one set point now...
- - SIMON 5-7 6-6 This puppy has gone to a tiebreak. Stays with serve to 2-2...
- - SIMON 5-7 5-5 - BREAK! Well how about that for a response by Stan - he breaks to love, much to the home crowd's disgust. Fine returning but some dreadful first serves.
- - SIMON 5-7 5-4 - BREAK! Some fightback against serve by Simon who comes from 40-0 down to move into advantage! Great serve Wawrinka though, back to deuce... And another, advantage to the Swiss, but he fluffs a weak backhand to net. And again! Simon breaks! Ooh la la, he serves for the set!
- - SIMON 5-7 1-2 - BREAK! Well that next game pleased the home fans as Simon does really well to claw a break back, helped by some sloppy serving.
- - SIMON 5-7 0-2 -BREAK! The momentum is with Wawinka now, who starts with a hold that he follows with a break. The home fans have been quietened as has their man.
- - SIMON 5-7 -BREAK AND SET! Having been serving for the set, Simon has collapsed and Wawrinka holds before breaking once more.
- - SIMON 5-5 - BREAK! Well then, poor from Simon as he is broken back as he was serving for the set. An unforced error to chuck it away, backhanding to net like a thin-armed schoolboy.
- - SIMON 5-4 There has been no impact in the serve since that Simon break, not in terms of results, but both men are working the other very hard. As it stands Simon is serving for the first set.
- - SIMON 4-2 An epic game at 3-2 as Simon tries to protect his serve and his break. They've been knocking back and forth on deuce for a good 15 minutes or so. Finally the Frenchman holds.
- - SIMON 1-0 - BREAK! An epic opening game goes the way of the Frenchman after some gritty baseline play from both men.
- - Simon (11) and Wawrinka (18) are out warming up for this third-round clash of two seeds with good form on clay. This match is not on Eurosport, alas, but you can watch it online by signing up for the player.
|Date of Birth||27/12/1984|
|Date of Birth||28/03/1985|