No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 6-7 6-3 - GAME, SET AND MATCH! Federer wins through to the third round with a hard-fought four-set win over Ungur, and the Swiss is very relieved as he leaves the court! All credit to Ungur, who battled superbly and took an unexpected set. He will next take on Nicolas Mahut or Martin Klizan in the third round. Men's drawsheet
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 6-7 5-3 - Ungur again battles on and holds serve to 30 to force Federer to serve out for the match under pressure - he's done more than anyone expected of him.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 6-7 5-2 - Federer holds once more to move to within a game of victory and a place in the third round! He looks untroubled on his own serve.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 6-7 4-2 - Ungur deserves enormous credit as he continues to battle away with the match almost out of his grasp, and he holds to force Federer to keep his composure.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 6-7 4-1 - Federer forces the issue once more with a stunning forehand down the line, and the Swiss is piling on the pressure as he moves towards victory!
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 6-7 3-1 - Finally, Ungur gets on the board in this fourth set, and Federer goes wide with a forehand as he loses focus and consistently slightly.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 6-7 3-0 - Federer comfortably consolidates his break of serve, and the Swiss looks much more composed and assured in this fourth set after the mixed third.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 6-7 2-0 - BREAK! Federer breaks serve with a series of crushing groundstrokes, and the Swiss is thriving now as Ungur errs at the start of this fourth set.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 6-7 1-0 - Federer gets going with a solid hold at the start of the fourth set, and Ungur is really struggling to make an impact after the drama of the tie-break.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 6-7 (6) - SET! What a stunning set from Ungur who, against all the odds, takes it 8-6 in the tie-break with a brilliant backhand cross court and manages to get right back into this match!
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 6-6 (4-4) - The tie-break is locked at 4-4 with neither player able to stamp their authority on proceedings - it's very finely poised.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 6-6 - Federer holds under pressure once more to take this set into a tie-breaker, and it's the least that Ungur deserves for his efforts.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 5-6 - Ungur holds once more, and one has to admire his guts and determination as he battles through a series of gruelling rallies.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 5-5 - Ungur is unrelenting as he smashes a forehand down the line, but Federer saves two set points with big first serves and manages to hold. This set is terrific!
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 4-5 - Ungur moves to within a game of the set as he holds serve to 30, and Federer is unable to make a key return from 30-30 and now must hold himself.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 4-4 - Federer is entirely confident as he drills a forehand down the line and follows it up with a backhand cross court, and there is nothing Ungur can do to challenge.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 3-4 - Ungur continues to frustrate Federer with another gutsy hold, and he is managing to really challenge the third seed in this set. Can he do anything on Federer's serve?
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 3-3 - Federer has to come through an extended deuce, saving a break point in the process, as he eventually manages to hold serve and level at 3-3.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 2-3 - Ungur is playing with nothing to lose and is proving very dangerous as he throws everything at Federer from the back of the court. He holds once more.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 2-2 - Federer again levels at 2-2 with ease, and the Swiss is battling very hard to ensure that he remains on terms with Ungur going for broke with his returns.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 1-2 - Ungur is playing admirably in this third set, and he keeps Federer honest with a flurry of fine groundstrokes to hold and keep his nose ahead.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 1-1 - Federer has no problem holding serve to level at 1-1, and the Swiss is playing well within himself as he comes forward, in court.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 0-1 - Ungur gets off the mark in this third set with a composed hold, and he keeps Federer restricted to speculative groundstrokes from the back of the court.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 - SET! Federer holds serve with two fine serves down the T and a forehand cross court the highlight as he comfortably takes the second set and coasts towards victory!
- - FEDERER 6-3 5-2 - Ungur manages to record a second game in this set as he finds three first serves and manages to restrict Federer to tough returns.
- - FEDERER 6-3 5-1 - Ungur goes wide with two attempted forehand passing shots, and he is being restricted to such speculative efforts with Federer dominant. He holds with ease.
- - FEDERER 6-3 4-1 - BREAK! The third seed breaks for a second time in this set as he assumes a hugely dominant position, and the Swiss is coasting now! Ungur is just not able to hold after a tough deuce.
- - FEDERER 6-3 3-1 - Federer further consolidates his advantage in this second set as he drills a forehand down the line and fires a crisp half-volley cross court to hold comfortably.
- - FEDERER 6-3 2-1 - Ungur gets on the board, albeit belatedly, in this second set as Federer can only produce one brilliant winner and his opponent holds for great encouragement.
- - FEDERER 6-3 2-0 - Federer consolidates his break of serve with a comfortable hold, and Ungur is very much under the cosh already in this second set. Can he at least hold serve now?
- - FEDERER 6-3 1-0 - BREAK! Federer stamps his authority on the second set from the outset with a ruthless break, and Ungur sees his first and second deliveries given the treatment! Federer is cruising now.
- - FEDERER 6-3 - SET! Federer takes the opening set with consummate ease, and he is very comfortable in this match with Ungur battling to salvage three games on serve.
- - FEDERER 5-3 - Ungur again manages to hold, and the crowd are really enjoying the way he is forcing his way back into the set, albeit with a gap still separating the two players.
- - FEDERER 5-2 - Federer moves to within a game of the opening set with a fine hold, and the Swiss is finding a very good rhythm on his first delivery with Ungur unable to challenge on return.
- - FEDERER 4-2 - Ungur gets on the board again with a solid hold to 30, and he repels Federer with three first serves ensuring that he keeps his opponent back behind the baseline.
- - FEDERER 4-1 - Federer extends his lead in the first set as he finds two big first serves to get going, and Ungur is struggling to make any impact on his opponent's delivery.
- - FEDERER 3-1 - Ungur belatedly gets on the board in this opening set with a flurry of fine groundstrokes, but Federer continues to have the set in control. It's a big relief for Ungur!
- - FEDERER 3-0 - Federer consolidates his break of serve with a fine hold, and the number three seed is managing to really make his mark in this opening set with Ungur unable to respond.
- - FEDERER 2-0 - BREAK! Federer breaks serve ruthlessly with a flurry of fine groundstrokes, and the Swiss is thriving on Philippe Chatrier as he takes control of this match.
- - FEDERER 1-0 - Roger Federer gets off to a fine start in his match with Adrian Ungur, and he holds serve comfortably with three fine serves.
- - The next match up on Court Philippe Chatrier sees third seed Roger Federer take on Adrian Ungur of Romania.
|Date of Birth||08/08/1981|
|Date of Birth||22/01/1985|