No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - MURRAY 6-1 7-5 6-0 - GAME, SET AND MATCH - He drops two points, but Murray has the win and a match opposite Jarkko Nieminen after Ito hits well out on match point.
- - MURRAY 6-1 7-5 5-0 - TRIPLE BREAK - The match has turned back around completely. Murray will serve for it as Ito's strokes from the baseline crash and burn.
- - MURRAY 6-1 7-5 4-0 - Jeux, Murray. That is another hold for the Briton and fourth seed.
- - MURRAY 6-1 7-5 3-0 - DOUBLE BREAK - Murray has only needed 11 break points for his six breaks, whereas Ito has only converted one of his four opportunities.
- - MURRAY 6-1 7-5 2-0 - Love game featuring some hard serves and unforgiving strokeplay from the Scot. Right back in control of this match.
- - MURRAY 6-1 7-5 1-0 - BREAK - One chance is all Murray needs to move a break up in the third set.
- - MURRAY 6-1 7-5 - SET - Simple for Murray to win three set points. Ito loses the set on the first of them as he chops a tired shot wide.
- - MURRAY 6-1 6-5 - BREAK - Serious errors give Murray three break points. However Ito rises to the occasion, saving the lot; only to see Murray take advantage then claim a vital break when he watches one drop long.
- - MURRAY 6-1 5-5 - Another relieved hold for the Scot. It is worrying to see Ito testing him so.
- - MURRAY 6-1 4-5 - Another scintillating winner from mid-court gives Ito the hold from 40-30 and moves him within a game of the set. Murray's safe game no longer doing the job.
- - MURRAY 6-1 4-4 - Ito still throwing everything into his strokes, but none of them are heading long or wide now... they put him 0-40 up, but Murray saves all three with some attacking strokes of his own! An ace up the middle then shot into the net from Ito gives Murray an unlikely hold.
- - MURRAY 6-1 3-4 - A simple hold for the Japanese, who suddenly looks a different player.
- - MURRAY 6-1 3-3 - Ito goes two points up against the Murray serve but allows his Scottish opponent to come back and snatch a relieved hold.
- - MURRAY 6-1 2-3 - Ito fighting hard, taking a love game as Murray pays the price for relaxing.
- - MURRAY 6-1 2-2 - BREAK - Unexpected break back as Murray's serve crashes.
- - MURRAY 6-1 2-1 - Much better from Ito as Murray takes his foot off the gas.
- - MURRAY 6-1 2-0 - Murray is a class apart against this level of opponent.
- - MURRAY 6-1 1-0 - BREAK - Lovely reverse shot to wrongfoot Ito as he sprinted back across court. Murray having fun as the temperature falls to around 25 degrees Centigrade.
- - Andy Murray is LIVE on British Eurosport 2 right now, with Serena Williams's match against Virginie Razzano upcoming on British Eurosport. LIVE on British Eurosport and Eurosport HD
- - MURRAY 6-1 - SET - Murray fails to take advantage of a set point but after a battle on deuce he breaks to seal it. Ito again hitting out.
- - MURRAY 5-1 - Ito seems set for a love game when Murray cracks a winner to the corner. It is, however, brief resistance and the Japanese is on the board.
- - MURRAY 5-0 - Murray 40-0 up but defending desperately. He lobs the ball up and in comes Ito... he smashes into the net! He is very nervous.
- - MURRAY 4-0 - DOUBLE BREAK - Ito being taken apart, spraying errors all over the place. The last of them is a backhand sent well wide and long.
- - MURRAY 3-0 - Murray three games to the good as his serve holds up and he avoids making any errors.
- - MURRAY 2-0 - BREAK - Clever from Ito to earn his first point for 15-0, chopping a short one across the court. Murray does well to move ahead in the game, digging out a defensive stroke before arriving to polish off the drop-shot that comes back. They go to deuce, and Murray breaks from there.
- - MURRAY 1-0 - Solid love game to hold for Murray as Ito's final return is a wild mis-hit.
- - Murray to serve first.
- - Murray and Tatsuma Ito knocking up now. The latter could be about to get squashed... Got any better puns for this match than that? You must have. Tweet me them now
|Date of Birth||18/05/1988|
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|