No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - NADAL 6-2 6-2 6-1 - GAME, SET AND MATCH - A love game to finish from Nadal, who will face Denis Istomin in the next round as he completes a 6-2 6-1 6-2 victory over Igor Kunitsyn almost simultaneously.
- - NADAL 6-2 6-2 5-1 - BREAK - Nadal 0-30 up but fails to punish the Bolelli second serve from there... however Rafa earns a break point and takes it with an attacking forehand that lands right on the baseline. He will serve for the match.
- - NADAL 6-2 6-2 4-1 - A matter of time now as Nadal eases closer to the win. He did not start quickly, but he looks in good form.
- - NADAL 6-2 6-2 3-1 - Bolelli relieved to get on the board in this set.
- - NADAL 6-2 6-2 3-0 - The winners flying from the Nadal racquet now as he moves further ahead.
- - NADAL 6-2 6-2 2-0 - BREAK - After a tense break exchange, Nadal comes through to take control again. Whenever his opponent comes forward, the Spaniard is capable of dipping a passing shot past him into the corner.
- - NADAL 6-2 6-2 1-0 - Nadal looking on course for an energy-conserving victory on Philippe Chatrier.
- - NADAL 6-2 6-2 - SET - Seven winners apiece in the set as Nadal takes it, but he commits only six unforced errors to the 15 of Bolelli.
- - NADAL 6-2 5-2 - Shaky service game from the King of Clay, but he survives it to edge towards the set. Bolelli has converted only one of five break points in this set.
- - NADAL 6-2 4-2 - A hold follows it. Nadal suffering a small dip.
- - NADAL 6-2 4-1 - BREAK BACK - Bolelli's attacking style works on this occasion as he earns one break back.
- - NADAL 6-2 4-0 - DOUBLE BREAK - Nadal has one break chance, and one is all he needs as Bolelli continues to struggle. Nadal is relentless.
- - NADAL 6-2 3-0 - No problem for Nadal in moving three games ahead.
- - NADAL 6-2 2-0 - BREAK - Nadal takes advantage of several Bolelli errors to go a break up. The Italian was winning when flying forward to send a forehand into the net - poor accuracy.
- - NADAL 6-2 1-0 - Opening hold from the Mallorcan in the second set.
- - NADAL 6-2 - SET - The first set goes the way of the Spaniard. He only hit two winners (against the four of his opponent), but he kept his errors down (seven against 12).
- - NADAL 5-2 - Nadal, who has only ever lost one match at Roland Garros - to Robin Soderling in 2009 - within one game of the opening set.
- - NADAL 4-2 - BREAK - Nadal has the breakthrough, Bolelli putting up minimal resistance on his serve. The sun has gone in and there is a bit of wind.
- - NADAL 3-2 - Jeux, Nadal again as the match continues on serve. Woeful from Bolelli in lamely hitting a forehand wide.
- - NADAL 2-2 - Bolelli levels again but Nadal worried him, taking a couple of points and finding his range after a slow start.
- - NADAL 2-1 - At 0-30 up, Bolelli advances to swipe a forehand long. Missed opportunity to secure break points. Nadal leaves one to draw level and goes on to hold via deuce.
- - NADAL 1-1 - Poor from Nadal. He hits into the net to go 40-0 down then mis-hits a serve before trying to control the dropping ball like a football.
- - NADAL 1-0 - Bolelli attacks from the start and takes one point off Nadal, but only one, as the second seed holds.
- - The six-times Roland Garros champion to serve first. /// Drop me a line on Twitter with your predictions and thoughts. Contact/follow Jon Symcox on Twitter
- - The King of Roland Garros is on court next: Nadal plays Italian Bolelli, who reached the third round in 2008.
|Date of Birth||08/10/1985|
|Date of Birth||03/06/1986|