No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
|J Del Potro||6||7||2||0||3|
- - FEDERER 3-6 6-7 6-2 6-0 6-3 - GAME, SET AND MATCH! Federer wins through to the semi-finals! What a victory for Federer after recovering from two sets down in this match, and the Swiss is very emotional and absolutely ecstatic as he wins through to thwart Del Potro! Next up for Federer will be a semi-final clash with the winner of Djokovic's match with Tsonga. Drawsheet
- - FEDERER 3-6 6-7 6-2 6-0 5-3 - Del Potro shows impressive resolve and determination to reduce the deficit in this final set with a very solid hold from 40-30, and now Federer must hold serve to close out this match!
- - FEDERER 3-6 6-7 6-2 6-0 5-2 - Federer continues to close in on victory as he holds comfortably to lead 5-2, and Del Potro is unable to make any impression on return. Surely Federer will close this match out, one game from victory.
- - FEDERER 3-6 6-7 6-2 6-0 4-2 - Federer throws everything at his opponent as he looks to run through the final set as quickly as possible, but Del Potro, to his credit, holds firm and manages to close out a composed service game.
- - FEDERER 3-6 6-7 6-2 6-0 4-1 - Federer holds with a superb game, and Del Potro is afforded no opportunities to get into a rally and force the issue as he desperately seeks to break back in this final set!
- - FEDERER 3-6 6-7 6-2 6-0 3-1 - BREAK! Federer seizes control of the final set as he breaks serve with a quite brilliant forehand winner down the line clinching the advantage! The Swiss is surely closing on victory now. Can Del Potro respond?
- - FEDERER 3-6 6-7 6-2 6-0 2-1 - Federer holds in hugely impressive fashion as he closes it out to love with two booming first serves down the T, and the Swiss continues to look the more likely to take this match with Del Potro struggling physically.
- - FEDERER 3-6 6-7 6-2 6-0 1-1 - Del Potro gets on the board immediately in this final set as he finds three big first serves just when he needs them! Federer curses his luck as he drives a forehand agonisingly too deep.
- - FEDERER 3-6 6-7 6-2 6-0 1-0 - Federer leads the way in this fifth set with a very assured hold, and Del Potro has not troubled the Swiss on return for a long time now. Can he raise his level once more to compete in this final set?
- - FEDERER 3-6 6-7 6-2 6-0 - SET! Federer romps through the fourth set, taking it as a bagel with Del Potro giving it up pretty early to switch his focus to the fifth and decisive set! This match is going all the way, and Federer has all the momentum. Who are you backing for victory? Follow/get in touch on Twitter...
- - FEDERER 3-6 6-7 6-2 5-0 - This is all too easy for Federer now as he cruises through the fourth set, and he moves to within a game of taking it and levelling up this match with an incredibly confident and efficient hold!
- - FEDERER 3-6 6-7 6-2 4-0 - BREAK! This is quite brilliant play from Federer as the third seed further dominates the fourth set with a second successive break of serve! Del Potro only finds two first serves in the game as he further wavers.
- - FEDERER 3-6 6-7 6-2 3-0 - Federer comfortably consolidates his break of serve, and he opens up a commanding lead in this fourth set as he continues to restrict Del Potro to speculative efforts behind the baseline.
- - FEDERER 3-6 6-7 6-2 2-0 - BREAK! Federer seizes the initiative at the start of this fourth set, just as he did in the previous set! He breaks serve ruthlessly as Del Potro again errs on serve, and he has the early advantage!
- - FEDERER 3-6 6-7 6-2 1-0 - Federer gets the fourth set underway with a very fine hold, and his serve is really firing now as he finds a good rhythm with Del Potro forced back behind the baseline. /// Akin says Federer had better win this match because he named his only son after him.
- - FEDERER 3-6 6-7 6-2 - SET! Federer takes the third set in ruthless fashion as he closes it out with a second break of serve, and the Swiss is thriving now with all the momentum as Del Potro looks to be struggling a bit physically. What a match!
- - FEDERER 3-6 6-7 5-2 - Federer extends his lead once more and edges towards taking the third set and getting right back in this match. His serve is working like a dream now as Del Potro is unable to get a foothold in the game.
- - FEDERER 3-6 6-7 4-2 - Del Potro is not out of this third set as he holds to reduce the deficit once more, but the Argentine needs much more if he is to force his way back into the reckoning with Federer holding the advantage.
- - FEDERER 3-6 6-7 4-1 - Federer hammers a brilliant forehand winner cross court before fending off Del Potro's attacking play with some inspired counter-punching from the back of the court. Federer holds to extend his lead! /// Ike says on Twitter: "Allez, Roger!"
- - FEDERER 3-6 6-7 3-1 - Del Potro belatedly gets on the board in this third set, and the Argentine is very focused as he marches straight over to his returning position for the next game. Can he respond in this set? Who are you backing? Follow/get in touch on Twitter...
- - FEDERER 3-6 6-7 3-0 - Federer comfortably consolidates his break of serve at the start of the set, and the Swiss is now holding the ascendancy as he looks to redress the balance of this match in his favour.
- - FEDERER 3-6 6-7 2-0 - BREAK! Federer stamps his authority on the third set with a clinical break of serve, and he stuns Del Potro with three quite brilliant returns to take control! Can the Argentine respond?
- - FEDERER 3-6 6-7 1-0 - Federer begins with a very composed game at the start of the third set, and the Swiss is undeterred by losing the second with a fine service hold. Can he now attack the Del Potro serve?
- - FEDERER 3-6 6-7 - SET! Del Potro is now two sets up on Suzanne Lenglen as the Argentine slams a stunning backhand down the line and drives a forehand cross court to take the tie-break 7-4 with Federer now two sets down!
- - FEDERER 3-6 6-6 (1-4) - Del Potro is beginning to take control of this tie-break as the Argentine produces two brilliant returns and Federer is unable to respond. Can he recover?
- - FEDERER 3-6 6-6 - Federer is unfazed by the tension as he completes a regulation hold with his serve in very fine working order. We are now into a tie-break in this second set, and the tension is palpable.
- - FEDERER 3-6 5-6 - Del Potro is utterly relentless on serve as he pushes Federer outwide with two perfect first deliveries at key points in the game, and he holds to again put his opponent under the cosh in this set.
- - FEDERER 3-6 5-5 - Federer is the model of composure as he finds three pinpoint first serves to leave Del Potro helpless at the back of the court, and the Swiss holds to level at 5-5 - the stakes are incredibly high now at the business end of the second set.
- - FEDERER 3-6 4-5 - This is getting increasingly nervy for Federer now as Del Potro comes through a testing service game to hold and now the Argentine can really attack his opponent's serve at the crucial point in the set. /// MistahMidas reckons that Del Potro will win in straight sets with Tsonga prevailing in five.
- FEDERER 3-6 4-4 - Federer levels at 4-4 as he slams a backhand down the line and fires a crisp half-volley cross court to defy Del Potro as the Argentine looks to make his mark.
- - FEDERER 3-6 3-4 - Del Potro has to battle exceptionally hard to hold serve at 4-3 in this second set, and Federer is frustrated with himself as he blasts a crucial forehand wide.
- - FEDERER 3-6 3-3 - BREAK! What a remarkable response from Del Potro as he breaks back immediately with a flurry of fine groundstrokes to move to 0-40! Federer saves two break points, but he goes wide with a forehand as he is broken!
- - FEDERER 3-6 3-2 - BREAK! Federer breaks serve, and he is very fired up and ecstatic about it! The Swiss crunches a stunning forehand winner cross court and keeps Del Potro firmly under the cosh as he breaks. /// Rich Yosef reckons Federer will pull through in four sets and cites his frequent slow starts. What do others think? Get in touch! Twitter
- - FEDERER 3-6 2-2 - Federer levels at 2-2 with a very solid hold, and the Swiss finds a big serve and a dreamy forehand winner to deny Del Potro just as the Argentine thinks he has found a way through!
- - Egbu Yugo has tweeted to predict that Roger will win in four sets, while Tanveer Singh wonders if the crowd will begin to help Federer to force his way back... Twitter
- - FEDERER 3-6 1-2 - Del Potro is utterly unerring on serve and does not look having his serve broken at the moment as he finds three big first deliveries to keep his nose in front.
- - FEDERER 3-6 1-1 - Federer levels at the start of the second set as he pounds two huge forehands down the line, and the Swiss is having to take every opportunity to keep pace with Del Potro right now!
- - FEDERER 3-6 0-1 - Del Potro gets going with a solid hold at the start of this second set, and Federer is having to take risks and change his approach in order to cause problems.
- - Will Federer hit back and win through to the semi-finals, or is this Del Potro's day to make his mark and cause an upset? Get in touch on Twitter!
- - FEDERER 3-6 - SET! It's a magnificent showing from Del Potro in this first set as he closes it out in very fine fashion, and Federer is looking pretty despondent now. Can the Swiss hit back at the start of the second set? He's got a lot of work to do now.
- - FEDERER 3-5 - Del Potro moves to within a game of the opening set as Federer is unable to produce further heroics, and the Argentine is keeping his cool despite a resurgence from his opponent.
- - FEDERER 3-4 - Federer holds serve with two crisp half-volleys to back up fine first serves, and he's having to produce some very fine play to thwart Del Potro at the moment.
- - FEDERER 2-4 - BREAK! Federer hits back after a seemingly endless deuce with both players producing some stunning tennis! The Swiss breaks back to reduce the deficit with a series of very fine shots.
- - FEDERER 1-4 - BREAK! Del Potro is playing a blinder early on as he breaks Federer for a second successive game, and the Swiss has no response to his opponent's barrage of pressure from the back of the court right now.
- - FEDERER 1-3 - Del Potro consolidates his break of serve with a forehand down the line, and a very fine half-volley on the run as Federer finds three testing returns.
- - FEDERER 1-2 - BREAK! Del Potro seizes control of the early part of this opening set as he breaks Federer with a series of crushing groundstrokes! The Swiss remains calm, but he was not anticipating that assault.
- - FEDERER 1-1 - Del Potro finds two big serves to the body as he keeps Federer guessing, and the Argentine comfortably gets on the board in this opening set.
- - FEDERER 1-0 - Federer gets going with a very comfortable hold, and the Swiss finds two big serves outwide to pin Del Potro back behind the baseline.
- - Federer and Del Potro have played each other four times this year and Federer has not lost a set.
- - You can watch this match LIVE on Eurosport 2 and on the Eurosport Player - what a choice!
- - On Court Suzanne Lenglen, world number three Roger Federer takes on ninth seed Juan Martin Del Potro in their French Open quarter-final.
|Date of Birth||08/08/1981|
|Date of Birth||23/09/1988|