No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-7(5) 6-3 7-5 6-3 – MATCH! From two sets down, Djokovic is serving for the match. First point ace, second sees Seppi level as Nole’s slice flops. Seppi drifts one long, lucky for Nole as he skewed it wide, but the Italian levels with a super return. But match point as Nole gets superb width on his groundstrokes, Seppi spooning it into the air! Over four hours of play and Nole completes his comeback with a serve and volley! What a scare for the Serb, who faces Tsonga or Wawrinka. Men's draw.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-7(5) 6-3 7-5 5-3 – Seppi serving to stay in the match and Nole wants to kill him off now. He can’t make the Italian’s drop shot though, but does level with a wicked forehand return down the line. Seppi holds in the end as Nole goes long and Nole serves for the match.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-7(5) 6-3 7-5 5-2 – Seppi has to have a go now and he wins the first point with an aggressive return. But Nole levels and in a heartbeat is ahead with a serve that is returned wide. Then Djoko breaks at a rally, error into the net, to go 30-30. Another rally follows and Nole hits long! Break point Seppi! Great determination from the Italian. Another rally after a crisp return but this time Seppi nets. And now advantage Nole, which he takes as Seppi goes long. That was a scare.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-7(5) 6-3 7-5 4-2 – BREAK! Having held Nole goes two break points up as Seppi poorly spins one wide. And a dreadful error follows as the Italian double-faults with a shocker of a second serve, about a yard wide. Golly.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-7(5) 6-3 7-5 2-2 - Seppi isn't as cream-crackered as he was during the third set as he holds with some powerful serving and baseline play.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-7(5) 6-3 7-5 2-1 – Nole also holds but not to love thanks to a poor drop shot that lands short.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-7(5) 6-3 7-5 1-1 - Nole has break point as Seppi cracks at a rally, putting it into the net. Poor Seppi. But he lives on as Nole nets his next return. But Seppi finds the net again from the baseline, a second break point. But the Italian flicks one deceptively short, the Serb hitting long. Advantage Seppi as he hits a fine winner down the line during a breezy rally, and he takes it with a big kick serve and drive down the line that Nole nets.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-7(5) 6-3 7-5 1-0 - Nole starts the final set with a hold to 15 as Seppi returns long.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-7(5) 6-3 7-5 – SET DJOKOVIC! Seppi serving to stay in the fourth set. A cagey start to the game from both men as Seppi finally cracks at 15-15 to go long. And now two set points as an angled Nole drive beats the Italian! Taken as Seppi fluffs a forehand into the net! From two sets down Nole has levelled.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-7(5) 6-3 6-5 – Nole controls the pace of this game with his first serve, moving 30-0 up. An ace helps him on his way to a love hold that he takes off the line with a forehand drive.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-7(5) 6-3 5-5 – Seppi serving to stay in the fourth set and he loses the first point after going long; so does Nole though so even. Then a cool drop at the net and Seppi leads. And two game points as he pings one off the corner of the baseline. Somehow Nole returns though and Seppi is shocked enough to fluff it long. But Nole misses the baseline with his next return and it’s a hold.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-7(5) 6-3 5-4 - Seppi levels at 15-15 with a superb drive that Nole knocks out. Seppi goes long though and Nole is ahead, and a super second serve gives him game point which he takes with a volley that he didn’t need to play as Seppi had gone wide.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-7(5) 6-3 4-4 - Seppi eases 30-0 up but Nole pulls one back with a cute sliced drop from deceptively deep. Nole levels as the Italian inexplicably goes long. Deuce now but game point Seppi as a moaning Nole pumps long from the baseline. Error. And Nole misses a forehand once more and Seppi holds.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-7(5) 6-3 4-3 - Fairly straightforward hold for Nole as this match sits neatly poised - Seppi fighting for every hold now.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-7(5) 6-3 3-3 - After six deuces and four break points Seppi finally holds this service game with a powerful delivery. Life in the dog yet.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-7(5) 6-3 3-2 - This interminable duece continues as Seppi gets his wires crossed by passing wide of the line after Djokovic was prone following a weak volley. I'll let you know when someone decides to win two points in a row.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-7(5) 6-3 3-2 - Seppi was en route to holding comfortably but a mini-implosion sees him on duece, double faults and all as it's break point Nole. It's saved but they trade points in the wind and another comes up for Nole. He loses that one though, his third lost break point of the game. Seppi has game point but he nets under little pressure. Gah.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-7(5) 6-3 3-2 - BREAK! Three break points for Seppi as his remarkable backhands and errors from Nole put him up. But a fine serve pulls it back only for Seppi to raise his game and force Nole into an error!
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-7(5) 6-3 3-1 - Seppi looks a broken man even though he leads 2-1; Nole races 30-0 up against the flagging Italian's serve. He fights back to level but break point Nole once more. Not taken as the Serb goes long after a fine angled drive from Seppi. but advantage Seppi after a fine backhand, before Nole responds with one of his own. And, finally, Seppi holds with a strong serve.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-7(5) 6-3 3-0 - Nole holds to love and Seppi looks spent.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-7(5) 6-3 2-0 - BREAK! A break point for Nole now but he nets after a baseline duel and it's deuce. Break point again as Djoko flies into a volley that catches Seppi wrong-footed... A gruelling rally and Djoko finds some extra pace and Seppi spins it wide! Fourth break in a row!
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-7(5) 6-3 1-0 - Nice simple hold to kick off the fourth set for Nole. Seppi needs an early break as I can't see him outlasting Nole in this set, let alone a fifth.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-7(5) 6-3 - SET! Nervous? Seppi double faults for only the second time, and then he goes long and it's 15-30. Great backhand slice from Seppi though and 30-30. And now set point Nole after a great return forces Seppi to net! And taken as Seppu flunks a forehand into the net!
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-7(5) 5-3 - A lovely drop shot is followed by a volley to bring Seppi level at 15. Nole is lucky to shade the next rally. Nole does hold in the end, and Seppi must serve to stay in the third.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-7(5) 4-3 - BREAK! Smooth forehanding by Djokovic and it's break point again... taken with a fizzing pass beyond the Italian. Yikes! Three breaks in a row.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-7(5) 3-3 - BREAK! Well my word, Seppi has broken back to love as Nole chucks all that good work away with some unconscionable errors, finally hitting weakly into the net from a decent position.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-7(5) 3-2 - BREAK! Three poor errors from Seppi, the last of which sees him fire long under no pressure, and it's three break points. Djoko hits wide though, a mistake of his own... but the next rally is won by Nole as Seppi can't do anything with a crisp Djoko drive, putting it to net and Nole is ahead in the third again.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-7(5) 2-2 - Djokovic holds after a dodgy line call which, to be fair, Seppi wasn't sure about either.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-7(5) 1-2 - Nole looks folorn as Seppi holds fairly easily, finishing off with a serve that the Serb returns low to net.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-7(5) 1-1 - BREAK! Nole finds it harder to hold serve though as he goes wide after a rally and it's break point! And a poor stop-volley from Nole at net allows Seppi to crush it down the line and he breaks back!!
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-7(5) 1-0 - BREAK! Nole gets off to a good start to the third set as he breaks Seppi, possibly a touch giddy after his heroics.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-7(5) - SET SEPPI!! A very cagey tie-break as Djokovic sticks deep for the most part, although is progressively adding pace to his drives. It stays with serve but at 6-5 it's set point to Seppi! And Nole nets weakly from the baseline and Seppi has the second set! Oh my word!
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-6 (3-3) - The women's number one has gone out of the French Open, and the men's top dog is not having an easy ride of it either. With serve at the tiebreak though.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-6 - Ah but advantage Seppi now as Nole goes long, but back to deuce as a wild forehand from Seppi almost clears the court. A good serve is somehow met by Nole but Seppi kills an overhead and Nole slips it well wide. Back to deuce though as Nole shows great spirit from the baseline. Seppi takes the game finally as Nole returns long. Tiebreak!
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-5 - Seppi is serving to stay in a second set he had been serving to win. Good start as he rushes the net before burying a forehand into the corner, beforre firing in some wicked serves to move 40-0 up. Nole pulls one back as Seppi makes his first double fault, and the Italian goes long for 30-40! And deuce now as Nole somehow makes a Seppi drip, clipping wide and off the line, Seppi then going long! Brilliant from Nole!
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-5 - Break point to Seppi as now he raises his game, one assumes having nothing to lose! Nole keeps finding the net still. And a wicked serve to deuce, an ace. WOOOAAARRRGGGH Nole says. And after a baseline rally Seppi nets weakly and he must serve to save the net.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 5-5 - BREAK! Nole wins the first point with Seppi serving for the match, a fine return with the Italian netting a FH. Powerful serve next though, and Seppi edges ahead with a super angled drive that forces Nole wide. He goes long off the next rally though, 30-30. And now break point to Nole as Seppi goes long! An error! And he's done it as Seppi goes long again! The Italian cracked under pressure, his first major errors.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 4-5 -Nole is serving to stay in the second set and he's struggling again, forced to deuce and netting with advantage. Back to deuce. A pair of good serves and Nole holds on, but Seppi is serving for the set!
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 3-5 - Seppi appears to have Nole's number on serve, another love hold as he has too much pace and inswing for the Serb. Wow.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 3-4 - Nole holds with ease but can he get anything off this clinical Seppi serve?
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 2-4 - Nole with a wry smile as he has no response to a love hold from Seppi! Booming ace in there too - four now, no DFs. Clinical.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 2-3 - BREAK! Oh golly, Seppi has broken Nole again! He's really enjoying himself out there with some killer backhand passes!
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 2-2 - Nole moves 30-0 up against serve, his sixth point in a row. He should have three break points but fires an ambitious winner wide of the line. Seppi then throws in an ace to level, his third so far. No double faults from him either. And he holds with another good serve that is returned wide.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 2-1 - A love hold from the Serb as his serve is too much for Seppi, who looks on as the final point is fired in.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 1-1 - Seppi's turn to hold, although Nole makes him work for it. He looks a touch angered with himself after losing the first set as, good as Seppi is playing, there were too many errors from the Serb.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 1-0 - Nole holds with little fuss, throwing in an ace.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 - SET SEPPI! Set point Seppi as Nole can only net the backhand! Seppi has the rally in control and he crushes a forehand crosscourt off the line, and Nole can only spoon it long! Set to the Italian!
- - DJOKOVIC 4-5 - Well this is some start for the Italian, but he has been helped immensely by an erratic display by the Serb. Nole shades a superb rally from both men though as Seppi nets for 15-15. Nole has a knack of awakening for the big points and it's level pegging at 30-30 now until a superb rally is ended when Seppi backhands long! Break back point! Seppi saves it with a wonderful drive down the line, super pass with Nole on the run.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-5 - BREAK!! Well then, Seppi now as three break points having done little to earn them, a terrible unforced error from Nole as he scuffs a low forehand into the ground. Deary me. Great serve though, Seppi's return skied high; and then Nole goes long after a brief rally and Seppi serving for the first set!!
- - DJOKOVIC 4-4 - After initially looking a touch overawed, Seppi is matching Nole punch for punch and holds with a strong selection of serves.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-3 - Nole goes long as he was aiming to kill a double-backhand winner and it's deuce. Finally Nole gets his act together to hold. The girls have caught up now after a couple of long games on this court.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-3 - Seppi pings across a cool drive to move 40-30 up but he then overhits one and it's deuce. They sit on egalite for a while as neither can kill it off, but Nole has break point after a fine backhand but he follows up with a backhand return to net. Finally the Italian holds but it's with some effort.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-2 - BREAK! What is this? Seppi is three break points up after some aggressive movement is matched by some rotten defence from Nole, and he takes them with a clinical return! Back on terms with serve.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-1 - Seppi holds at the second time of asking, much to the spectators' delight.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-0 - This is a bit of an easy ride for Djoko early on as he cruises to another love hold with a fine drop shot at the net. Seppi had done well just to stay with him.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-0 - BREAK! Seppi is forced on to deuce by a highly mobile Nole, who is scuttling about the baseline like Nadal on a diet. The Italian has advantage after one of his crisp serves but weakly nets after a glorious return from the Serb. And now break point as Seppi staggers at the baseline, taken as the Italian is the first to crack after a lengthy baseline rally, going long.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-0 - Nole gets underway with a fine rally and smash that he controlled from the start. The steely Serb holds to love.
- - The men's fourth-round action is about to get underway and it's world number one Novak Djokovic against the in-form but relatively unheralded Italian Andreas Seppi. Head to head? 7-0 to Nole. You can watch this match on British Eurosport, with the Azarenka-Cibulkova clash on Eurosport 2. Both are on the Player. Sign up here!
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||21/02/1984|