No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - BERDYCH 6-4 3-6 6-7(4) 6-4 6-4 - MATCH! Berdych holds with relative comfort, bringing up two match points as Anderson puts a weak forehand to net. The winning shot is a strong serve that is returned long, and Berdych is through. He faces either Del Potro of Cilic next. Men's draw.
- - BERDYCH 6-4 3-6 6-7(4) 6-4 5-4 - BREAK! They've been so evenly matched and the breaks have been rare - but finally one comes in the last set as Berdych gains the edge with, again, better patience and control from the baseline. And he holds to love with an ace and now Anderson is serving to stay in the French Open! He kicks off with an ace, then a cool backhand but a fine return from Berdych keeps it alive. Anderson does hold though as Berdych goes long.
- - BERDYCH 6-4 3-6 6-7(4) 6-4 - SET! Berdych levels off deuce as he uses his powerful backhand to draw a pair of errors from Anderson. This match goes the distance.
- - BERDYCH 6-4 3-6 6-7(4) 5-4 - BREAK! Both men have been serving well now as this fourth set stays with serve, despite an early unsettled moment for Berdych. And, when it counts, Berdych manages to break, sitting deep and playing the percentages as Anderson cracks. Berdych serving for the set.
- - BERDYCH 6-4 3-6 6-7(4) SET! Berdych is sinking without a trace in this tiebreak but he wins back the first of four set points with a sweeping drive. And he eats back the second with a cool angled forehand that Anderson only nets. But disaster as he mis-hits a smash into the net, a surefire winner, and he hands the set to Anderson!!
- - BERDYCH 6-4 3-6 6-6 (2-4) Well Anderson goes two minibreaks up in this tiebreaker as Berdych nets a sliding volley. Not happy with that! He pulls one back though, the crowd applauding.
- - BERDYCH 6-4 3-6 6-6 Excellent start to this game as Berdych flicks a superb volley away that clips the net. Superb from the Czech after a fine point, worth a comment on its own. Anderson holds though and it goes to a tie-break.
- - BERDYCH 6-4 3-6 6-5 If you're wondering why it went all quiet on this front it's because both men served well and returned averagely and it is still with serve. Anderson does have a break point though - but he can't get anything on the next return and it's deuce. Berdych holds with an ace in the end.
- - BERDYCH 6-4 3-6 SET! Berdych is very good at responding to a break of serve, although he usually does so by sitting deep. He has break point now as Anderson hits long following a baseline rally, but an ace sees it to deuce. And some powerful serves from Anderson help him to the second set, back on terms!
- - BERDYCH 6-4 3-5 BREAK! Two break points for Anderson though as Berdych can barely get a serve in. The Czech pulls one back but then double faults, his second serve about half a yard out, and it's a break! Anderson serving for the second set!
- - BERDYCH 6-4 3-4 BREAK BACK! Superb response from Berdych, who does most of his work from the baseline and forces the errors with his powerful groundstrokes. Back on terms.
- - BERDYCH 6-4 2-4 BREAK! After sticking with serve to 3-2, the first break goes to Anderson, who exploits some weak first serving from the Czech to break to 30. He can now move 5-2 up if he defends serve.
- - BERDYCH 6-4 SET! Fair play to Anderson, after that shocker last game he has battled his way to a break-back point. Back to deuce after a superb but risky drive off the line, and Berdych has set point after a powerful smash past Anderson, having dictated that point off first serve. And a massive serve gives Berdych the first set.
- - BERDYCH 5-4 - BREAK! Triple break point for Berdych at 4-4, the first real chance and it's a big one. Some rotten serving by Anderson, who had been powerful and accurate until then. Now we have a lengthy rally, a war of attrition as both men power the groundstrokes from deep - and finally Anderson cracks, a love break to Berdych, who will serve for the set.
- - STAT: Anderson has fired in six aces thus far - and we're at 3-3.
- - The first men's match today sees Tomas Berdych, the seventh seed, face South Africa's Kevin Anderson, the 31st seed. We'll be giving you the key moments from this match, which is on British Eurosport 2 and the Player. LIVE on Eurosport Player
|Date of Birth||18/05/1986|
|Date of Birth||17/09/1985|