No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - FERRER 6-0 6-2 6-2 - MATCH! He may be serving for the match but Ferrer is finding Youzhny a more formidable opponent, his sweeping backhands bringing up break point. Saved with a clipped pass at the net and Ferrer makes no mistake with his next two serves as he holds with a fine angled pass that Youzhny spoons in the air and long. Game, set and match. Next for Ferrer is a last-16 with either Mathieu or Granollers. Men's draw.
- - FERRER 6-0 6-2 5-2 - BREAK! That has pretty much ended Youzhny's resistance and Ferrer follows that tough hold with an easy break to leave him serving for the match.
- - FERRER 6-0 6-2 4-2 Youzhny is showing a lot more energy now, having blown away the early morning malaise, and he has break point after a series of gruelling rallies. But then he goes a shade long after a baseline rally and it's back to deuce. And, finally, Ferrer shades it as the Russian goes into the net. Shame, he was making a fist of this set.
- - Here's a video of Youzhny carving 'SORRY' into the court after winning his first game of the day at the ninth time of asking. Youzhny's apology.
- - FERRER 6-0 6-2 2-1 - BREAK! Youzhny started the third set promisingly enough but he is broken at the second time of asking after hitting long on a rally. Unforced error again.
- - FERRER 6-0 6-2 -SET! Ferrer is serving for the second set and he drops two points as Ferrer senses an unlikely comeback. But a rotten volley with Ferrer stranded hands the Spaniard a lifeline - that would have been three break points, poor concentration from Youzhny - but at 30-30 a savage return beyond Ferrer gives the Russian break point! But Ferrer levels and moves to set point bu another fine return catches him out and it's deuce. Finally he takes it with a strong serve and flicked forehand.
- - FERRER 6-0 5-2 - Youzhny is serving to stay in the set and he's in trouble as, after dominating the early points, he fluffs a weak forehand to net to give Ferrer break and set point off deuce. Saved after a fine rally that the Russian wins with a backhand volley at the net! And he holds as Ferrer returns long, then fails to get the other in either.
- - FERRER 6-0 4-1 - BREAKS (etc) - But, as if to say "you've had your fun in the sun, now yield" Ferrer responds with a break of his own and he holds and breaks again before Youzhny can work out what's happening.
- - FERRER 6-0 2-1 - Youzhny with a love hold as he finally shows himself before amusingly carving "sorry" into the clay by way of apology to his fans, who had thus far endured a shocker. His first game.
- - FERRER 6-0 1-0 - BREAK! Ferrer has Youzhny's number and he breaks again at the first time of asking, the Russian just nowhere near him at the moment, looks very sluggish.
- - Hi Olyanka - Eurosport doesn't have a multi-court red button option for cable or satellite TV (it's not our platform, you see) so we are limited to showing two matches at any given point; however, we do have the Eurosport Player which allows you to watch ALL the courts online in high definition. Whoop. It's £2.99/month, so cheap as chips, and you can watch all our sports on it. Sign up for the Player here!
- - FERRER 6-0 - SET! The dreaded bagel as Ferrer holds with ease to take the first set in around 20 minutes. Rampant thus far.
- - FERRER 5-0 - BREAK! Ferrer is absolutely maiming Youzhny now, the Russian looking half-asleep as if this is just too early a start for him. Breaks to love thanks to a great little rally that Ferrer wins with a stooping crosscourt backhand. A double fault in there too, Youzhny's second so far.
- - FERRER 3-0 - BREAK! A second break for Ferrer as, on second serve, Youzhny puts it too close to the Spaniard, who responds with a crisp backhand that the Russian can only spin wide!
- - FERRER 2-0 - BREAK! Over on Court Suzanne Lenglen, fifth seed David Ferrer is underway against 27th seed Mikhail Youzhny , and the Spaniard has got off to a flier by breaking the Russian in the opening game. He follows with a hold too, dropping a couple of points but chasing everything down as per usual.
|Date of Birth||02/04/1982|
|Date of Birth||25/06/1982|