|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-2 6-3 – Djokovic earns two match points with a classy flicked backhand at the net. Some dogged play from Monaco sees Djokovic hit the net with the first, but he hits an ace with the second to win the match! He will face either Juan Martin del Potro or Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the quarter-finals.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-2 5-3 – BREAK! Just as in the last game, Djokovic goes two points down but stroms back to win the next four and take the game! The world number one will now serve for the match...
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-2 4-3 – Djokovic takes his eye off the ball just as Monaco begins to make a concerted attack on the Serb's serve, and before he knows it he's 0-30 down. The Serb wins four straight points to take the game, but he looks annoyed with himself for letting himself slip.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-2 3-3 – Another hold of serve from Monaco, who has got his act together following that terrible spell in the second set.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-2 3-2 – Errors from both men early in this game make the score 15-15. The umpire leaps out of his chair again to overrule an out call made on a Djokovic serve, and the world number one makes use of that by forcing Monaco into an error on the ensuing point en route to holding to 30. The stats on points with 10 or more shots are surprisingly equal – Djokovic has won 17, one more than Monaco.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-2 2-2 – Monaco has been better on his serve, but now has to defend another Djokovic break point... On the second serve Djokovic returns long with a two-hander to hand his opponent a reprieve, which he gratefully capitalises upon to hold.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-2 2-1 – Djokovic is enjoying service games without much in the way of threat to them at the moment. Monaco seems focused on taking care of his own serve.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-2 1-1 – Monaco is on course to hold to 15 before Djokovic drills a lethal two-hander down the line! The Argentine recovers to take the game on the following point.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-2 1-0 – Little in the way of messing about from Djokovic at the start of the deciding set. His slice from the baseline floats out of play to deny him a hold to love, but he dominates from the back of the court on the next point to take the game.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-2 – SET! Monaco's second set is summed up by a lacklustre double-fault which gives Djokovic two set points. The world number one converts the first one with the minimum of fuss to put his poor first set behind him.
- DJOKOVIC 4-6 5-2 – Djokovic has won 16 of the last 19 points on offer, the most recent of those coming via a long forehand from Monaco that sees him hold and go on the verge of taking the second set.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 4-2 – BREAK! Djokovic is really hitting his stride now, and he earns another break point. Monaco's first serve is out, and Djokovic attacks the second causing the Argentine to slice long!
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 3-2 – Djokovic wins his eighth point in a row to take his service game to love and get this second set back on serve.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 2-2 – BREAK! A huge gust of wind blows down the court as the ball comes Monaco's way. He gets an eyeful of clay and shanks his shot way up into the air and gives Djokovic three break points! The world number one grabs the opportunity to get his first break of the match!
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 1-2 – BREAK! Plenty of pace on a forehand from Monaco that whizzes past Djokovic to arn him a break point. Djokovic hits the net and he's now a set down and a break down!
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 1-1 – Djokovic has taken a leaf out of Monaco's book and is attacking his opponent's serve quickly. That tactic gets him to deuce, but the Argentine hammers an ace down the down in the high winds to hold.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 1-0 –The world number one sets about fighting his way back into this match. There were signs he beginning to find his prime in that final game, but it was too little, too late. He looks convincing as he holds serve to get the second set underway.
- - Djokovic smashed his racket on to the floor in frustration after that penultimate point. There were a few boos from the crowd for his petulant reaction. Monaco fully deserved that first set. Can Djokovic get his head together and hit back?
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 - SET! Djokovic hits a lovely two-handerdown the line for 15-15 that's called out, but the umpire overrules! The Serb then floats another two-hander long, and this time there is no reprieve. Monaco hits the net and then hooks wide to give Djokovic his first break point of the match... Saved by an exquisite drop shot! Monaco has his third set point, but Djokovic hits an exceptional return winner! Another lengthy rally this time goes Monaco's way before Djokovic hits long again!
- - DJOKOVIC 4-5 - Two more break points for Monaco as Djokovic hits long in the rally. The world number one saves them both, forcing deuce after with two well-struck forehands. The longest rally of the match ends with Monaco spinning on the spot in frustration as he hits the net! Djokovic takes full advantage of being let off the hook and holds.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-5 - Djokovic just has not settled into this match yet at all. Monaco holds in relative comfort. If he wins, he could be part of an all-Argentina match in the next round should Juan Martin del Potro beat Jo-Wilfried Tsonga this evening.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-4 - The umpire is out of his chair to check if a shot had gone behind the baseline. It had, and Djokovic wins his first game in four. Monaco last took a set of Djokovic in 2007, in the last 16 of the US Open.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-4 - Djokovic has the stretch every sinew in his body to make a backhand pass that wins him the point. The Serb is then sent scampering across the back of the court before Monaco deceives him with a classy weighted slice. The Argentine wins the game by drawing Djokovic into the net and passes him with ease!
- - DJOKOVIC 2-3 - BREAK! Monaco takes full advantage of having the wind behind him as he draws first blood in this match! How can Djokovic respond?
- - DJOKOVIC 2-2 - Plenty of impetus and pace from Monaco as he makes the most of having the wind behind him after the change. The Argentine avoids getting drawn into a rally with Djokovic. Two winners and a long shot from the Serb put him 40-15 before holding well. He's got his tactics spot on so far.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-1 - The Serb is on course for a hold to love, but a shot into the net and another pulled well wide keep him honest. Djokovic has not dropped a set to Monaco in any of their last three meetings. The wind is really swirling around now as Monaco forces deuce. The world number 15 is squinting to keep dust from his eyes as he returns long, and then repeats the action to give Djokovic the game.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-1 – Lovely whipped forehand across court from Djokovic. Hardly any backlift but he get plenty of power behind it. He then miscues a return horribly for 30-15. Djokovic draws level, but Monaco pulls away and seals the game with an emphatic smash.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-0 - The world number one is underway on Court Centrale. He opens up with a hold to 30. Djokovic is looking to extend his unbeaten record over his Argentine opponent to six matches.
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||29/03/1984|