|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - NADAL 6-1 6-5 - Mayer started brightly, returning the first point and getting the error call after a wonderful rally to lead 30-0, but Rafa shored up the serve from there and his first serve on the match point sends him through to the third round.
- - NADAL 6-1 6-5 - BREAK - Another captivating game in this very enjoyable match, but sadly for Mayer it sees his serve finally falter. He blinks first from 30-30 and a pair of heavy returns from Nadal leave the Spaniard serving for the match.
- - NADAL 6-1 5-5 - Nadal forces Mayer into net to love-service his third in a row, making that 13 points in succession with ball in hand.
- - NADAL 6-1 4-5 - Despite taking the first point, Rafa has few answers to Mayer's serve from there and a hold to 15 means the German could now level in sets with his first break of the match.
- - NADAL 6-1 4-4 - Mayer overhits to bring the longest rally of the match so far to an end and hand Rafa another hold to love.
- - NADAL 6-1 3-4 - Mayer is beginning to get a pocket of supporters in the stands as his current form in serve meshes with Nadal's return attempts for some exciting tennis. The German is still going strong, too: a casual volley swats home a Nadal drop attempt to wrap up the hold.
- - NADAL 6-1 3-3 - Case in point: Nadal is all over Mayer as he holds to love once again.
- - NADAL 6-1 2-3 - Mayer continues to improve his play in service and holds to 15 once more. No sign of a break in the air so far, this one could be a tie-breaker.
- - NADAL 6-1 2-2 - Though Mayer fights back from what appears to be a straight forward Nadal hold, he mis-judges a back-hand drop at 30-40 which ends the resistance.
- - NADAL 6-1 1-2 - Mayer's best service of the match so far sees him rather comfortably hold to 15. He's finding his groove a little here but can he find that break of serve to push towards a deciding set?
- - NADAL 6-1 1-1 - The second seed steers clear of similar risks in his first serve of the set, and holds to 15.
- - NADAL 6-1 0-1 - Nadal squanders break point going for a spectacular backhand once again, and Mayer holds from deuce.
- - NADAL 6-1 - SET - Nadal remains almost spotless with ball in hand, and makes good on the first of a double set point to wrap up the opener in just 27 minutes.
- - NADAL 5-1 - BREAK - The Spaniard will now serve for the set after more powerful returns wrap up a comprehensive break to 15.
- - NADAL 4-1 - Second hold to love for Nadal, no sign of that Mayer resistance from game three.
- - NADAL 3-1 - Despite going behind to a textbook Nadal spin backhand, Mayer rallies and holds to 30 for his first game of the match.
- - NADAL 3-0 - Mayer catches Nadal out early with a faked drop shot, but despite being on the verge of a break point at 30-15 he is unable to keep it up and Nadal serves up three in a row to hold.
- - NADAL 2-0 - BREAK - The Spaniard is absolutely lacing these initial returns, and they're proving too much for Mayer. The German is forced out and into net on three occasions trying to handle Rafa's fire, and is broken to 30.
- - NADAL 1-0 - The second seed gets the ideal start, settling in comfortably with an untroubled love-service.
- - And Nadal-Mayer is underway!
- - The main attraction tonight is Rafael Nadal against the mercurial German Florian Mayer - who shades the head to head 1-0, remarkably. Their only clash saw Mayer win in straight sets at Shanghai last year. It was a remarkable performance.
|Date of Birth||05/10/1983|
|Date of Birth||03/06/1986|