|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
|J Del Potro||7||3||6||-||-|
- - DEL POTRO 7-5 3-6 6-4 - MATCH! - Del Potro's backhand response to Llodra's own crisp backhand is the highlight as he moves 30-0 ahead, and though it looks as if another Llodra comeback is on the cards when he takes the next two points, the Argentine returns well to break his opponent once again and march on to the next round.
- - DEL POTRO 7-5 3-6 5-4 - BREAK! - Del Potro's first serve puts him two points ahead early on, but a fantastic cross-court backhand by Llodra and great reflexes to drop a volley from the Argentine's powerful backhand pull it back to 30-30, before the Frenchman volleys once more to complete a rally and earn break point to a huge reception from the crowd. Llodra caps a great fightback with a powerful forehand and this one is far from over.
- - DEL POTRO 7-5 3-6 5-3 - Llodra shakes off a nervy start to stay alive, holding to 30 - but Del Potro will now serve for the match.
- - DEL POTRO 7-5 3-6 5-2 - Another hold to love from Del Potro and the seed is now one game away from the match. He'd need a double break to do it in the next game, but failing that he will serve for the match in the ninth.
- - DEL POTRO 7-5 3-6 4-2 - After a protracted battle from deuce, Llodra finally makes good on an advantage point after forcing Del Potro into the net and holds to pull one back.
- - DEL POTRO 7-5 3-6 4-1 - Another solid return and a failed drop shot attempt put Llodra ahead in the first two points, only for Del Potro to power onto game point with the next three. The Frenchman forces deuce at the end of a compelling rally, from which Del Potro forehands his way to a lead of three off the first advantage point.
- - DEL POTRO 7-5 3-6 3-1 - BREAK! - The Argentine's superiority with backhand winners puts him 30-0 ahead before a double fault gives him a double break point. Llodra catches a deft backhand of his own to take the first, but cuts a frustrated figure as he concedes the break on the next.
- - DEL POTRO 7-5 3-6 2-1 - Del Potro almost mirrors the last game, dropping his first service point of the third set thus far in the first of his triple hold point. Nonetheless, the tenth seed forehands his way to another service game.
- - DEL POTRO 7-5 3-6 1-1 - Just when it looks as if Llodra will respond in kind, the Argentine returns superbly for 15-40. The Frenchman holds in the very next point, however, after Del Potro leaves himself open salvaging Llodra's volleyed rebuttal to a drop shot attempt.
- - DEL POTRO 7-5 3-6 1-0 - Del Potro begins the deciding set with a love-service game.
- - DEL POTRO 7-5 3-6 - SET! - Llodra moves to 30-15 with a crisp forehand down the line, and Del Potro goes long with a backhand on the run as two set points are presented to the Frenchman. Llodra closes it out clinically, and he levels up this match.
- - DEL POTRO 7-5 3-5 - Del Potro is again tested as Llodra drills a forehand down the line, but the 10th seed closes out a fairly regulation hold with two big serves and a forehand cross court to reduce the arrears once more. Can Llodra close out the set?
- - DEL POTRO 7-5 2-5 - Llodra hammers a forehand down the line as he moves to 30-15, and Del Potro is unable to make a real impact and threaten to break his opponent as the Frenchman moves to within a game of taking the second set.
- - DEL POTRO 7-5 2-4 - Llodra goes wide with a loose forehand as Del Potro moves to 30-0 on his own serve, and he is able to get back on track with a comfortable hold to 15 as he reduces the deficit.
- - DEL POTRO 7-5 1-4 - Llodra consolidates his break of serve with a forehand down the line, and a string of fine serves to keep Del Potro firmly under the cosh. He holds serve comfortably in the end, and is in control in this set.
- - DEL POTRO 7-5 1-3 - BREAK! Llodra produces a stunning backhand pass off a return to beat Del Potro's defences, and the Argentine is outfoxed by a very cruel bounce as he slips to 30-40. Llodra then breaks serve with a forehand winner down the line!
- - DEL POTRO 7-5 1-2 - Llodra finds himself behind at 15-30, but he beats Del Potro with two forehands down the line before the 10th seed takes the game to deuce with a backhand winner! Llodra comes through with two fine serves, and holds.
- - DEL POTRO 7-5 1-1 - Llodra is absolutely furious with himself as he slices a backhand into the net to squander a break point on the Del Potro serve, and the Argentine goes on to hold from deuce. What a chance that was for the Frenchman!
- - DEL POTRO 7-5 0-1 - Llodra falters at the start of the second set as he plants a forehand into the net with Del Potro pegging him back to 30-30, but a big serve and a fortunate net cord see the Frenchman hold.
- - DEL POTRO 7-5 - SET! Del Potro moves to 40-30 with three big serves and a forehand winner as Llodra fires back a decent return, and the Frenchman's best attempts to hit back are confounded as the Argentine closes out the opening set, taking it 7-5!
- - DEL POTRO 6-5 - BREAK! Llodra plants a tame volley into the net to slip to 15-30 down, and he is punished for another weak volley at the net as Del Potro breaks serve from 30-40 to seize the advantage at the business end of the set!
- - DEL POTRO 5-5 - Llodra forces two break points, but Del Potro saves each with stunning forehands under real pressure! The Argentine proceeds to level up the set with a gutsy hold, and Llodra will now face a barrage from his opponent...
- - DEL POTRO 4-5 - A deft drop shot and a stunning backhand volley at the net see Llodra make a fine start to his service game, but a flashing backhand return from Del Potro is a winner to take it to 30-40! Another fine return from the Argentine sees the game go to the deuce. Llodra survives a break point to hold in fine fashion.
- - DEL POTRO 4-4 - Del Potro moves his opponent around the court superbly and moves to 40-15 with a forehand down the line, before Llodra slices a backhand return into the foot of the net to concede the game.
- - DEL POTRO 3-4 - Llodra is furious with himself as he plants a backhand into the net under little pressure, and he slips to 15-30. But the Frenchman responds with a forehand winner cross court, then fires an emphatic ace down the T.
- - DEL POTRO 3-3 - Del Potro holds to 15, and there are no signs of discomfort from the Argentine as he fires two big serves down the T and ensures that Llodra cannot get a foothold.
- - Del Potro receives some treatment at the changeover, but he appears to be okay as he continues and prepares to serve.
- - DEL POTRO 2-3 - Del Potro battles away furiously as he pegs Llodra back to 30-30, but the Frenchman holds firm and comes in court to volley down the line and hold serve under pressure.
- - DEL POTRO 2-2 - Llodra takes the game to 30-30 as Del Potro falters slightly with an unforced error, planting a forehand into the net, but the Argentine responds with a big serve and a powerful smash at the net to close it out!
- - DEL POTRO 1-2 - Llodra holds serve comfortably to 15 as he moves to 30-0 with two booming first serves and closes it out with a forehand cross court. The Frenchman makes a confident start.
- - DEL POTRO 1-1 - Del Potro has little problem levelling up at the start of the opening set as he gets on the board with two big forehands to back up his powerful serve.
- - DEL POTRO 0-1 - Llodra gets going with a solid hold at the start of this opening set, and he takes the game to 15 with Del Potro twice going long with overhit forehands.
- - Del Potro boasts a 3-0 record over Llodra in their previous matches on the ATP Tour with wins in Marseille, Rotterdam and at Roland Garros.
- - Next up on Supertennis Arena we have 10th seed Juan Martin Del Potro taking on Michael Llodra of France in their first-round clash.
|Date of Birth||23/09/1988|
|Date of Birth||18/05/1980|