|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Thanks for joining me this evening! Be sure to check out the full report and stats on uk.yahoo.eurosport.com and follow me on Twitter for more sports news and musings - @liamhappe
- - FEDERER 6-4 6-4 - MATCH - After a nine-minute game to finally break Ferrer again, it takes Federer a minute to love-service once more and finish the straight-sets victory.
- - FEDERER 6-4 5-4 - BREAK -Clinical Fed drop shot wins a spirited rally for 30-15, and after pulling a point back Ferrer fails a drop of his own to give the Swiss a break point which he is unable to take. But after surviving his seventh double fault and two further break points from deuce, Ferrer goes out and hits net to allow Roger to serve for the match. Ferrer will have to find his first break point of the match to stay alive.
- - FEDERER 6-4 4-4 - The Spaniard's forehand lets him down as Federer sweeps to another love-service. This set has tie-break written all over it.
- - FEDERER 6-4 3-4 - Ferrer shows great fire responding to Fed's wicked returns and comes out on top of a lengthy rally as he holds to 15.
- - FEDERER 6-4 3-3 - A close look from the umpire is required for 40-15, but nonetheless a straightforward service game once again for Federer.
- - FEDERER 6-4 2-3 - Great variety from Ferrer works the third seed after Federer had returned serve for the opening two points of the game.
- - FEDERER 6-4 2-2 - Federer holds to 15 in the fourth - interesting to note that the stats between the two players are pretty even if you take away Ferrer's six double faults to Fed's none.
- - FEDERER 6-4 1-2 - The Spaniard steps it up himself at 30-30, powering his way to the next two points to hold once more.
- - FEDERER 6-4 1-1 - Federer serves to love once more, cranking up the average service speed in the process.
- - FEDERER 6-4 0-1 - Great first service from Ferrer to begin a set he has to win, enough to shake off a couple of dropped points and hold to 30.
- - FEDERER 6-4 - SET - Federer's serve is again too powerful for Ferrer and this time, it's enough to secure the first set.
- - FEDERER 5-4 - Ferrer remains in the set with a love-service game, but Roger will now serve for the set.
- - FEDERER 5-3 - Federer holds his serve once more, and moves within one of securing the opening set.
- - FEDERER 4-3 - Some of Ferrer's best tennis so far as he holds again, but the break in game three means Roger retains the edge in the first set.
- - FEDERER 4-2 - A volley finish off a crisp forehand and an ace cap a solid hold to 15 for Federer.
- - FEDERER 3-2 - Ferrer pulls back to 30-30 after Fed returns for the first two points of the game, but only a superb rally prevents a double-break. His first advantage is squandered by a double-fault, but the Spaniard eventually holds in the fifth. Could prove important, that.
- - FEDERER 3-1 - Love service from Federer extends his lead in the opening set. Much faster game than the opener, you can imagine.
- - FEDERER 2-1 - BREAK - Early opening for the Swiss ace as Ferrer stutters and double-faults through his second service game, allowing Fed to break to 30.
- - FEDERER 1-1 - Fed is showing early signs of discomfort as Nadal and Djokovic had on the clay surface, but nonetheless overcomes a shaky start to hold to 15 in his first service game.
- - FEDERER 0-1 - Ferrer holds - finally - on the sixth deuce with an inch-perfect wide forehand to win an eight-and-a-half-minute opening game.
- - Ferrer will begin with serve. And we are underway!
- - The reigning champion went out just moments ago: Novak Djokovic was defeated in straight sets by countryman Janko Tipsarevic. With both men skidding across the controversial clay surface, Novak can hardly use that as his sole excuse in what was some terrific stuff from Janko. Full report
- - Good evening and welcome to our LIVE coverage of the final Madrid Masters quarter-final. Roger Federer has seen top seeds drop like flies on the blue clay so far. Will he be the next to go at the hands of David Ferrer? He has defeated the Spaniard in all of their 12 previous meetings.
|Date of Birth||08/08/1981|
|Date of Birth||02/04/1982|