|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- BERDYCH 6-1 6-1 - A sumptuous forehand from Berdych brings up two match points, that really was gorgeous, and he converts to secure an easy victory. In truth it was an abject surrender from Monfils, who was in terrible form.
- BERDYCH 6-1 5-1 - Another easy service game for Berdych, who is now within touching distance of a quarter-final match with either Fernando Verdasco or Rafa Nadal.
- BERDYCH 6-1 4-1 - BREAK! - Monfils reverts to type with another error-strewn service game. Berdych has two break points but only needs one, Monfils finding the net once again. He has been woeful today.
- BERDYCH 6-1 3-1 - Better initially from Monfils but he is then unable to get a passing shot back into court as Berdych opens up a 40-15 lead. He holds with ease.
- BERDYCH 6-1 2-1 - Well, well, well. Monfils actually produces a decent game when holding. He still needs to cut out the costly errors, but at least has a foothold in the set.
- BERDYCH 6-1 2-0 - More garbage from Monfils as he fires a volley low into the net to give Berdych a 40-15 lead. The Frenchman pegs one back but then makes another unforced error.
- BERDYCH 6-1 1-0 - BREAK! - Monfils queries a call of long but the mark in the clay tells all as Berdych wins the first point of the second set. The two trade points before another loose shot from Monfils flies out of play. This game could be over quickly.
- BERDYCH 6-1 - SET! - No trouble whatsoever for Berdych as Monfils commits errors again. The Frenchman fires into the net to give Berdych three set points and the Czech needs only one, Monfils again finding the net. A horrid first set for the 12th seed and it lasted only 23 minutes.
- BERDYCH 5-1 - BREAK! - The Czech applies yet more pressure and carves out two break points. The first goes missing but the second is converted emphatically with a forehand volley at the net.
- BERDYCH 4-1 - Easy as you like for the Czech and he holds to love when Monfils fire a wild, wild effort long. The favourite is back on track.
- BERDYCH 3-1 - Monfils finally gets on the board as he holds to 30, closing the game out with a big ace down the centre. That was better from the Frenchman.
- BERDYCH 3-0 - A firm forehand down the line puts Berdych in front at 30-15 and the Czech wraps things up when Monfils punches a backhand long. A fine start here for the sixth seed.
- BERDYCH 2-0 - BREAK! - Two break points for the sixth seed and he only needs one when he gets the benefits of a net cord, the ball just dropping the wrong side for Monfils.
- BERDYCH 1-0 - Berdych gets into the swing of things early on, holding to love as he finishes the opening game of the match with a big serve.
12:05 - Berdych and Monfils get a generous round of applause as they walk out onto Stadium 3. The Czech, as sixth seed, is the favourite to progress to the next round against the Frenchman.
|Date of Birth||17/09/1985|
|Date of Birth||01/09/1986|