|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
|J Del Potro||6||6||-||-||-|
- - DEL POTRO 6-2 6-4 - MATCH - And despite netting to drop one point, Del Potro otherwise moves into the last eight uninterrupted with a comfortable straight sets win.
- - DEL POTRO 6-2 5-4 - Cilic's reactions to volley beyond Del Potro highlight a game-15 to move back within one, but the Argentine nonetheless will serve for the match.
- - DEL POTRO 6-2 5-3 - Game-15 from Del Potro means a break of serve in the next will put him through to the next round.
- - DEL POTRO 6-2 4-3 - Cilic pulls a game back holding to 30, smashing home a belting volley to finish up.
- - DEL POTRO 6-2 4-2 - Methodical love service game from Del Potro. A return to decent form early in the second set by Cilic looks to be amounting to very little.
- - DEL POTRO 6-2 2-3 - BREAK! - Cilic's frustrations get the better of him as he has his service broken straight after failing to take SEVEN break points on Del Potro. He has lengthy words with the umpire at deuce before scuppering his own advantages to allow the number 10 seed in.
- - DEL POTRO 6-2 2-2 - Cilic's triple break point are his first of the match, but Del Potro sharpens up to negate all three of them. The Argentine's first advantage is forced out by Cilic, before he aces to prevent the Croat from claiming his. A further three advantage points from Cilic go to waste before Del Potro snatches the marathon fourth game.
- - DEL POTRO 6-2 1-2 - Cilic starts off with a deft drop shot as he moves onto a triple game point, but Del Potro pulls back to deuce with the Croatian sending what should have been the game forehand out beyond the line with the Argentine helpless. Cilic gets his act together from there, however, holding from his first advantage point.
- - DEL POTRO 6-2 1-1 - Cilic is putting up more resistence now, but is unable to find that first break as Del Potro holds to 30 in the second of the second.
- - DEL POTRO 6-2 0-1 - Despite struggling for the most part in the first set and posing as easy pickings for Del Potro, Cilic continues his improvement in service and holds for the first game of the second. He will now look to break the Argentine's serve for the first time in the match.
- - DEL POTRO 6-2 - SET! - Del Potro wastes little time finishing the opening set while back in serve, holding to love and clinching the eighth game by forcing Cilic out of bounds.
- - DEL POTRO 5-2 - Better from Cilic. He looked down and out at 40-15, but has fired back to pull one back with his second advantage point. The first set is still Del Potro's to lose, but the Croatian has finally put in another strong game.
- - DEL POTRO 5-1 - Another game-30 for Del Potro, courtesy of more authoritive service and a little luck from the net upon Cilic's return for 30-0, and he is one game away from taking the first set at a canter.
- - DEL POTRO 4-1 - BREAK! - A second successive break of the Croat's service comes from deuce, as Cilic forehands out to give Del Potro the first advantage point and what will likely be the opening set.
- - DEL POTRO 3-1 - The Argentine extends his advantage with service, holding to 30 for 3-1.
- - DEL POTRO 2-1 - BREAK! - And there's the first separation between the two in the third game, as Del Potro's excellent returns power him to a love break.
- - DEL POTRO 1-1 - Not to be outdone, Del Potro takes his own first service game.
- - DEL POTRO 0-1 - Cilic begins by holding his serve for the first game of the contest.
- - Cilic and Del Potro are underway.
|Date of Birth||28/09/1988|
|Date of Birth||23/09/1988|