No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - SHARAPOVA 6-2 6-3 - GAME, SET AND MATCH! Sharapova wins through to the second round with a convincing victory over Rodionova, and the Russian closes it out at the second time of asking with two big serves! Next up for Sharapova will be a clash with either Vesna Dolonc or Tsvetana Pironkova. Drawsheet
- - SHARAPOVA 6-2 5-3 - BREAK! Neither player seems able to hold serve right now as Rodionova squanders her position again and is ruthlessly broken as Sharapova now has another chance so serve out.
- - SHARAPOVA 6-2 5-2 - BREAK! Rodionova pounces as Sharapova errs on serve, and the Russian cannot close out the match at the first opportunity as she is forced to sweat it out.
- - SHARAPOVA 6-2 5-1 - BREAK! Sharapova moves to within a game of the match as she bludgeons a forehand down the line, and a powerful backhand winner leaves Rodionova no chance.
- - SHARAPOVA 6-2 4-1 - Sharapova extends her lead in this second set as she fires a huge forehand winner cross court and drives a forehand down the line on the run! Superb play.
- - SHARAPOVA 6-2 3-1 - BREAK! Sharapova breaks as she opens up a commanding lead in this second set! Rodionova is unable to compete as she is beaten time and again from the back of the court.
- - SHARAPOVA 6-2 2-1 - Sharapova has no problems at all in holding serve and ensuring that Rodionova cannot make an impression on her opponent's serve. The Russian can now attack.
- - SHARAPOVA 6-2 1-1 - Rodionova holds serve to level at 1-1 in this second set, and the Australian is battling exceptionally hard to get back into this match.
- - SHARAPOVA 6-2 1-0 - Sharapova opens up with a solid hold at the start of the second set, and Rodionova is unable to make any kind of early impression.
- - SHARAPOVA 6-2 - SET! Sharapova takes the opening set 6-2 in very convincing fashion, and the Russian thoroughly deserves to after looking considerably more impressive than Rodionova, who has a lot of work to do.
- - SHARAPOVA 5-2 - BREAK! What a shock this is - Rodionova breaks back! After looking completely out of it, Rodionova roars back to break serve and further reduce the deficit.
- - SHARAPOVA 5-1 - Rodionova very belatedly gets on the board with a gutsy hold from deuce, and that's much better as she reduces the deficit! Sharapova can now serve out for the set.
- - SHARAPOVA 5-0 - Again, Sharapova comfortably consolidates her break of serve with a clinical hold, and the Russian is able to move to within a game of taking the opening set! What a performance.
- - SHARAPOVA 4-0 - BREAK! Sharapova breaks for a second successive game as Rodionova continues to show absolutely nothing in response. Surely she can muster something? Sharapova is cruising.
- - SHARAPOVA 3-0 - Sharapova just only conceded a single point so far in this match as she consolidates her break of serve and extends her lead to three! This is all too easy for the Russian.
- - SHARAPOVA 2-0 - BREAK! Sharapova stamps her authority on the match with a clinical break of serve, and Rodionova is really struggling early on to find any rhythm or fluency. Sharapova is thriving!
- - SHARAPOVA 1-0 - Sharapova gets going with a very efficient hold, and the Russian is playing superbly as she finds three big first serves. Rodionova will need to settle quickly too.
- - The next match up on Centre Court sees Maria Sharapova take on Anastasia Rodionova, and the world number one will be looking for a fast start.
|Date of Birth||19/04/1987|
|Date of Birth||12/05/1982|