No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - ERRANI 6-1 5-1 BREAK! Keothavong overhits a double-handed backhand with Errani stranded and it's 30-30. Errani challenges the next call after Keothavong aces her, but it was in. 40-30 but deuce as Errani returns with interest and hussles for the volley. A lob from Errani should be smashed by Anne, but the topspin deceives her and it's break point... Great serve, saved to deuce. The Brit spoons one long again though and break point no.2... Double fault. Awful.
- - ERRANI 6-1 4-1 Some fine groundstrokes from Keothavong including a wicked forehand drive off the line give her two break points! Errani challenges that last call, it did look a touch wide - but no, it kissed the line! Can Keothavong take one of these break points? But Errani responds with an identical shot, back to one break point... And another off the line for deuce! Risky but effective. Then Anne spins a return wide, yelping in anger at herself as that was a chance. Errani holds.
- - STAT - Keothavong has been forced on to second serve 11 times so far in this match; she has only won one of those points. Testament to Errani's retrieving ability as much as Keothavong's inability to dictate a point off a slower serve.
- - ERRANI 6-1 3-1 BREAK! Nice drop shot from Keothavong but her positioning is wrong, allowing Errani to volley it clear. And now three break points Errani after more good work with her backhand at the net, although the first is saved by an unreturnable serve from Anne. And the second is saved with a cross-court volley after Keothavong pulls Errani all across the baseline. But she double-faults away the break! Terrible!
- - ERRANI 6-1 2-1 Anne is made to work hard to hold, although the two points she drops are down to errors on her part; Errani is not made to work, holding to love.
- - ERRANI 6-1 1-0 Cheers greet Keothavong's start to the second set as some excellent returns put her 30-15 up against serve. And Errani goes long at 30-30 and it's break point Keothavong! But a dreadful slice low into the net brings up deuce, shame as Anne had controlled that point from deep. In the end Errani's serve proves the difference as she manages to control the next points, Anne skewing a forehand well wide as the Italian holds.
- - ERRANI 6-1 SET! A lovely backhand drive down the line forces the Londoner to stretch into a lob that lands long. Errani then smashes a volley wide of Anne after dictating the point, earning three set points as Anne double-faults. Taken as another error from Keothavong sees her drill a forehand long.
- - ERRANI 5-1 Back to reality for Anne though as Errani pounds in some excellent serves out wide, the Briton unable to get anything over as the Italian holds to love. Keothavong serving to stay in the first set.
- - ERRANI 4-1 Finally Keothavong gets off the mark, a couple of aces tossed in as she holds to 15. Cheers from the home crowd but it's taken her this long to wake up.
- - ERRANI 4-0 A love hold for Errani as Keothavong fails to get any returns of note in. This could be a quickie - just over a quarter of an hour so far.
- - ERRANI 3-0 BREAK Keothavong challenges the call that Errani's baseline drive was in, but Hawkeye proves the Briton wrong. So it is deuce now as Anne struggles to hold serve. And she nets weakly after a brief exchange of groundstrokes, giving Errani break point... Big serve from Keothavong though, deuce once more. But Errani returns well and she wins the next two points to break for a second time.
- - ERRANI 2-0 It takes her a touch longer to hold serve, but she only drops the one point to defend that early break. Errani could well have too much for Anne.
- - ERRANI 1-0 BREAK These two are 1-1 on the head-to-head although both matches were some years ago. The Italian starts off with a three-minute break in the West London sun. It is warm, muggy even, and very bright. Should be a fine day of tennis.
|Date of Birth||16/09/1983|
|Date of Birth||29/04/1987|