|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - NADAL 7-6 4-6 4-6 6-2 4-6 WORLD NO. 100 LUKAS ROSOL HAS BEATEN RAFAEL NADAL! WITH ANOTHER ACE! THREE IN A ROW! He holds to love with the service game of his life. Oh. My. Word. Next for Rosol? Philipp Kohlschreiber. If he plays anything like this he should maim him, but the German knows what he's doing on grass. Men's draw.
- - NADAL 7-6 4-6 4-6 6-2 4-5 This is huge. Lukas Rosol - yeah, I know - is serving for a five-set upset of Rafael Nadal in the second round. Will he bottle it? ACE! And after a slow second serve, a cool open forehand into the corner. 30-0! ACE! Down the middle! Three match points! Nerves of steel!
- - NADAL 7-6 4-6 4-6 6-2 4-5 At 30-30 Nadal's first serve is in, and the second is plumb for Rosol, but he gets over the return and nets it. A touch of over-excitement. Nadal holds as an off-balance Rosol puts a forehand wide. Rosol serving for the match and the win of his life.
- - NADAL 7-6 4-6 4-6 6-2 3-5 Nadal serving to stay at Wimbledon. And Rosol fires a 100mph return past him for 15-15. And Nadal misses a double-hander, long! Two points from heaven!! He almost bamboozles Nadal with a sliced return but it just fails to clear the net, rolling on the rim. I can barely watch.
- - Rafael Nadal has been to every Wimbledon final since 2005, apart from 2009 when he was injured. Yikes!
- - NADAL 7-6 4-6 4-6 6-2 3-5 Tweeps are pointing up that Rosol blew a 5-0 lead in a deciding set at Bordeaux last season. But we are not in Bordeaux, and he has just blasted another forehand past Nadal to hold. One game from the biggest upset I can remember.
- - NADAL 7-6 4-6 4-6 6-2 3-4 Nadal rides that mini-scare to hold, but he is still a break down. Rosol, 26, has never qualified for Wimbledon before and this is only his second grass tournament. He is world no. 100. What is happening?, to quote Javier Mascherano.
- - NADAL 7-6 4-6 4-6 6-2 2-4 Rosol reminds me of Tomas Berdych when Tomas Berdych is excited. 6'5", Czech, and with some nasty backhands including one of 90mph and a crosscourt winner that leaves Nadal for dead. He doesn't share Berdych's looks though - more Stepanek, if you get me. And a cracking return spun down the line for 0-30! Ah but an ace brings Rafa back into it.
- - NADAL 7-6 4-6 4-6 6-2 2-4 'Bah!' Rosol seems to say to Nadal as he aces his way into a 40-0 lead. And another! Held to love!
- - NADAL 7-6 4-6 4-6 6-2 2-3 Rosol is just trying to wind Rafa up now, challenging a serve that looked in to me. Well Hawk-Eye shows it was very close actually, but still in. Nadal blasts another one past him. Nadal is whining to the umpire again. Rosol's not done anything wrong, Nadal just trying to wind himself up more than anything. It works for now as he holds with ease.
- - NADAL 7-6 4-6 4-6 6-2 1-3 Nadal is scrapping for his life now, frustrated as Rosol keeps coming at him, keeping under his 20s limit between points wile Nadal slows it down. On this service game the Czech holds to 30. Massive couple of games to follow as we pass four hours.
- - NADAL 7-6 4-6 4-6 6-2 1-2 Good response Nadal - a powerful love hold. But all Rosol has to do is hold his nerve, and his serve, and he's a hero.
- - NADAL 7-6 4-6 4-6 6-2 0-2 Rosol now has to hold. He starts with power and precision to win the first two points, but Rafa claws one back. The crowd are backing Rosol, even though Rafa is on the brink - a Rafa exit would suit Murray! And Rosol holds, much to Rafa's surprise, annoyance etc. New balls.
- - NADAL 7-6 4-6 4-6 6-2 0-1 BREAK! A couple of fine winners from Rosol puts him 30-0 up! Rafa claws one back and then Rosol goes long and it's level. Oh but hang on, break point now... AND IT'S TAKEN! Rosol breaks as Nadal spoons a diving volley into the net!
- - NADAL 7-6 4-6 4-6 6-2 A bit of a delay as Rafa takes his sweet time, the usual OCD socks and drinks ritual before restarting for him, and finally play is underway. Nadal on serve at the start of this fifth-set shootout.
- - PLAY TO RESUME: They are out hitting in preparation for the restart, which should be 9.30 on the dot by my reckoning.
- - PLAY SUSPENDED: This is annoying, but it allows them to finish the match tonight. The roof is being pulled over, which will take 30-40 minutes, much to Nadal's annoyance. That is so they can regulate the temperature so the grass doesn't die. Or something. We'll be back when that starts at around 9.30pm UK time.
- - NADAL 7-6 4-6 4-6 6-2 SET! Rosol is making errors now, throwing in a couple as he falls 0-30 behind while serving to stay in the fourth. He pulls one back, and then a crushes a forehand off the line and away. Some great retrieving from nadal, somehow keeping it in play after being send up and down the line, and Rosol misses it! Wide! Set point! What defence! And Nadal takes it as his shot down the line beats a stretching Rosol! It goes to a fifth!
- - NADAL 7-6 4-6 4-6 5-2 Rosol feels the ball in use has gone flat. 30-15 to Nadal, as he shows the umpire how easy it is to squeeze. Nope, he says. Nadal holds.
- - NADAL 7-6 4-6 4-6 4-2 BREAK! A couple of errors from Rosol and Nadal has half a chance - great serve and volley, but Nadal somehow lobs him, Rosol makes it but his lob is long!! Two break points for Nadal! Now a gruelling rally, both men firing bullets from every inch of the baseline, and Rosol goes long! Nadal breaks, pumping the air with his fist!
- - NADAL 7-6 4-6 4-6 3-2 Nadal holds and starts the next game by spooning a return towards the umpire.
- - NADAL 7-6 4-6 4-6 2-2 Both men are defending serve well now. We are told that they would be prepared to delay proceedings for a while so they can draw the roof and play this to completion.
- - NADAL 7-6 4-6 4-6 1-1 Rosol holds with a wide forehand after an entertaining rally that saw both men ride their luck.
- - NADAL 7-6 4-6 4-6 1-0 Rosol again asks questions of Nadal by pinging some mighty returns in but Nadal is able to hold as Rosol nets while looking for a cross-court winner.
- - NADAL 7-6 4-6 4-6 SET ROSOL! THE WORLD 100 LEADS NADAL BY TWO SETS TO ONE! Set point x2 Rosol as Nadal spoons a backhand wide! The first is saved as Nadal generates spin and power on his return, Rosol netting the follow-up; the second is taken as Nadal desperately goes long after being shunted around by Rosol's big groundstrokes. He looks some player, legs akimbo, very macho stance.
- - NADAL 7-6 4-6 4-5 Rosol is serving for the third set now after a love hold for Nadal.
- - NADAL 7-6 4-6 3-5 Great challenge by Rosol after his winner was called out - it clipped the baseline. Replay the point at 15-15. And Rosol holds from 40-30 as Nadal returns long.
- - NADAL 7-6 4-6 3-4 A grumpy Nadal holds serve as Rosol nets a return. Glare on, Rafa.
- - NADAL 7-6 4-6 2-4 Rosol pounds a forehand winner down the line with Nadal nowhere near it. Rafa is not playing well and he will not want this to go to five. He's getting angry too, glaring at the world after mis-hitting a return. A love hold in the end.
- - NADAL 7-6 4-6 2-3 Nadal holds to love and, at the changeover, bumps Rosol slightly. He's under pressure and trying to rattle him but Rosol looks calm.
- - NADAL 7-6 4-6 1-3 Rosol is playing some great tennis now, booming serves leaving Nadal for dead and he holds with ease.
- - NADAL 7-6 4-6 1-2 Nadal has a word with the umpire about something, he's not happy with something Rosol has done but the umpire was not aware of it. He's annoyed with Rosol's antics between points, but he's done nothing wrong - he's just dancing about like a bundle of energy, not dissimilar to Tsonga at times.
- - NADAL 7-6 4-6 1-2 BREAK! He's done it again! Rosol held with relative comfort and then zips 40-0 up against Nadal's serve as the Spaniard skews one long. A fine serve is not returned in court by Rosol, so just two break points. Now just one as a second serve from Nadal flies straight through Rosol, dreadful miss, and it almost takes the linesman's hat off. Better reflexes from him than Rosol. But Rosol breaks as Nadal nets on the next rally! Fine return to initiate that.
- - NADAL 7-6 4-6 1-0 Nadal smacks it like a man possessed and he holds in quick time.
- - NADAL 7-6 4-6 SET ROSOL! A ninth ace brings up two set points, and a 10th claims the set! Bravo Rosol! The man ranked outside the top 100 levels, and frankly he could be two sets to the good!
- - NADAL 7-6 4-5 Well then - Nadal is unable to break back but he does hold serve and Rosol is serving for the set! Can he hold his nerve?
- - NADAL 7-6 2-4 After that early Rosol break this has stayed with serve. The Czech could really put the cat among the pigeons if he claims a set here - he was unlucky in the first!
- - NADAL 7-6 0-2 Now Nadal has a break point as he pounds some tasty returns in but Rosol regains composure and holds with a sweeping forehand to the left. He backs up a break at last.
- - NADAL 7-6 0-1 BREAK! Say what? Rosol breaks to start the second set. Nadal all over the place as the hard-working Czech chases everything down and forces the errors.
- - NADAL 7-6(9) SET NADAL! Well, a very tight tie-break sees Nadal lose a pair of set points, although Rosol was back on serve, but finally he takes a third as the Czech nets, an unforced error!
- - NADAL 6-6 (7-7) Nadal is facing set point in the tie-break, but he pounds a forehand drive away. Rosol is playing his best tennis and Nadal looks a touch off-colour.
- - NADAL 6-6 It sounds pretty trite to say but pretty much nothing has happened in this match so far, with a break apiece cancelling each other out. Nadal is serving to stay in the set and he starts with a double fault, but he's soon level. Rafa holds, he is made to work for it after facing a set point, but he does the job and it's a tie-break.
- - NADAL 2-2 Nadal holds to 15. Not quite full on Centre Court, Rafa won't be used to that - Court One, however, is buzzing with James Ward in a fifth set with Mardy Fish.
- - NADAL 0-0 This match gets underway, the first ever between these two. Rosol on serve.
|Date of Birth||24/07/1985|
|Date of Birth||03/06/1986|