No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - RODDICK 7-6 6-4 5-7 GAME SET AND MATCH! Roddick successfully serves for the match with a love hold, finishing with an ace, old-school power serving from the Rod, and he will face Borjn Phau next. Baker was no pushover, but Roddick has eked out a hard-fought straight-sets win with the Brit competitive throughout. It took over three hours though, and Roddick speaks at length to Baker, encouraging words for him after an encouraging performance. Men's draw.
- - RODDICK 7-6 6-4 5-6 BREAK! A-Rod rolls back the years with a cool forehand return down the line, beautifully controlled, and a cheeky dipper into the corner affords him a smash after Baker can only spin it high. 30-30 on the Baker serve. And now, off second serve again, Roddick controls the point and it's break point at a vital moment! A rally follows, Baker really going for it but he fluffs what should have been a winning drop shot into the net! As good as match point that.
- - RODDICK 7-6 6-4 5-5 Baker is having a real go now! Is Roddick tiring? Either way Baker brings him to deuce with a lovely disguised drop shot. But he can only net his backhand after Roddick makes him work hard off first serve, advantage Roddick, and he holds in the end.
- - RODDICK 7-6 6-4 4-5 Roddick sniffs something in this set as a fine volley at the net puts him 30-0 up against the Baker serve. Three break points now, but some adventurous shots from Baker save all three! Great aggression, bringing it to deuce with a serve and drive combination. And a lovely clipped shot from deep gives Baker advantage! And he holds with an epic point! Both men flying around at the baseline a la Tsonga-Djokovic, applause all round!
- - RODDICK 7-6 6-4 4-4 Baker challenges what looked a Roddick ace, poor call from him as it was clearly in. Maybe he psyched him out though, as the next Roddick shot is a shank wide. BOOM! Ace, Roddick holds.
- - RODDICK 7-6 6-4 3-4 A love hold from Baker, who is playing exceptionally well but a lack of experience in the key points - he's lost five break points, remember - has cost him.
- - RODDICK 7-6 6-4 3-3 Baker holds serve well again, and he has Roddick on deuce after some superb groundstrokes from deep - and he stretches the immobile Roddick again, leading the American to spoon one up in the air! It's his fifth break point of the match, still to convert one and the wait continues as Roddick gets to the net to meet that return with a powerful drive. He holds in the end as the unlucky Baker smashes a winner just past the baseline.
- - RODDICK 7-6 6-4 2-2 Baker is giving as good as he gets and, if he does go out, he will have done himself proud in the sense that he has been competitive on most points. The third set has stayed with serve.
- - RODDICK 7-6 6-4 SET! Roddick holds on to that break from yesterday and he takes the second set, although Baker is giving his all and showing great determination against the former top-five stalwart and one-time world number one.
- - RODDICK 7-6 4-3 Finally we have some additional play as Roddick and Baker take to court. Whoop! Roddick wins the first point as Baker nets following a long rally. Roddick races 30-0 up against serve but a lovel backhand volley keeps him honest. And deuce after another rally sees Baker come up trumps. He has advantage now, which the Brit takes with a solid second serve.
- - RODDICK 7-6 4-2 This match is set to resume on Court One as soon as the rain is over. Britain's Baker pushed Roddick all the way in the opener but is a break down in the second.
|Date of Birth||05/08/1986|
|Date of Birth||30/08/1982|