No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - MURRAY 6-1 6-1 6-4 - MURRAY WINS THROUGH! It's a straightforward and comprehensive victory for Andy Murray as he storms through to the second round with a straight-sets win over Nikolay Davydenko! The fourth seed was never in trouble as he breezed through the first two sets, and he takes the match in three. Next up for Murray will be a second-round match with either the gigantic Ivo Karlovic or Israel's Dudi Sela. Drawsheet
- - MURRAY 6-1 6-1 5-4 - Davydenko shows good application and resolve as he battles through a fourth service game in this third set, and he forces Murray to serve out for the match as the crowd rise to their feet in anticipation.
- - MURRAY 6-1 6-1 5-3 - Murray moves to within a game of the third set and victory as he drills a forehand down the line after three big first serves down the T and Davydenko is helpless as the match slips away.
- - MURRAY 6-1 6-1 4-3 - Davydenko slams a forehand down the line and finds two big serves outwide to leave Murray to fire his returns wide. The Russian holds once more.
- - MURRAY 6-1 6-1 4-2 - Murray restores his cushion in this third set once more as he fires two big serves down the T and steps in court to bludgeon a short return from Davydenko cross court.
- - MURRAY 6-1 6-1 3-2 - Davydenko gets a second game on the board as he fires a forehand down the line and follows it up with a crisp backhand winner! He is, at least, battling very hard in this third set.
- - MURRAY 6-1 6-1 3-1 - Murray is relentless as he powers three big serves down the T, and Davydenko does well to take two points as he sees his opponent's two-game cushion restored.
- - MURRAY 6-1 6-1 2-1 - Davydenko belatedly gets on the board with an overdue hold, and the Russian at least prevents the ignominy of a bagel in the third set.
- - MURRAY 6-1 6-1 2-0 - Murray comfortably consolidates his break of serve to rack up a 2-0 lead in this third set, and it looks like being the final set with Davydenko flagging badly.
- - MURRAY 6-1 6-1 1-0 - BREAK! This is all too easy for Murray as he breaks serve immediately at the start of the third set, and Davydenko has zero confidence on the grass! He slips behind again.
- - MURRAY 6-1 6-1 - SET! Murray is rampant as he takes the opening set with consummate ease, and Davydenko sees it go the same way as the first. Murray is breezing through this match now and is full of confidence.
- - MURRAY 6-1 5-1 - BREAK! Murray is giving Davydenko no cheap points at all as he ruthlessly breaks once more to surge towards taking the second set! The Russian's serve is not at all potent.
- - MURRAY 6-1 4-1 - Murray is utterly relentless on serve, and Davydenko has no joy on return as the fourth seed finds three big first serves. He is looking extremely comfortable.
- - MURRAY 6-1 3-1 - Davydenko gets on the board with a forehand down the line sealing the game, and finally his serve is beginning to function effectively with Murray unable to do anything.
- - MURRAY 6-1 3-0 - Murray is utterly dominant as he completes a very fine service game, and he establishes a 3-0 lead in this second set with Davydenko extremely despondent and frustrated.
- - MURRAY 6-1 2-0 - BREAK! Davydenko shakes his head ruefully as he puts a forehand wide in rather careless fashion, and Murray slams a forehand down the line to clinch a break of serve at the start of this second set!
- - MURRAY 6-1 1-0 - Murray gets going in the second set with a very solid service hold, and Davydenko plants two forehand returns into the net tamely. The Russian is really struggling from the back of the court.
- - MURRAY 6-1 - SET! It's one-way traffic on Centre Court as Murray takes the opening set very comfortably, and he is thriving as he roars back from 40-15 to take the game after deuce! Davydenko is not able to match Murray's pace around the court and power at the moment.
- - Do you think Murray has a chance of winning Wimbledon this year, or can you not see past Djokovic, Federer and Nadal? Get in touch with your views on Twitter!
- - MURRAY 5-1 - Murray consolidates his break of serve once more to open up a commanding 5-1 lead in this opening set, and Davydenko is not managing to challenge at all at the moment.
- - MURRAY 4-1 - BREAK! Murray storms to 0-40 with a stunning array of powerful groundstrokes, and Davydenko can only muster a solitary point on serve as the Brit breaks for a second successive game!
- - MURRAY 3-1 - Davydenko fires a crisp forehand down the line to peg Murray back to 30-30, but the fourth seed finds two big first serves to close out the game and consolidate his break of serve.
- - MURRAY 2-1 - BREAK! Murray stamps his authority on the match with a crucial early break of serve, and the fourth seed has made a very fine start! Davydenko shakes his head at the changeover, and he is not at all happy.
- - MURRAY 1-1 - Murray holds to love with a very confident opening service game, and Davydenko has no chance at all as the Brit closes it out with a booming ace down the T!
- - MURRAY 0-1 - Murray takes Davydenko to deuce as he battles through his opening service hold, and the crowd are very excitable as the Brit challenges early on.
- - Murray shades the pair's head-to-head record 5-4 but their last encounter was at the Monteal Masters back in 2009.
- - The next match on Centre Court sees Britain's Andy Murray take on Nikolay Davydenko of Russia in their first-round match. The crowd are poised to give the fourth seed a huge ovation...
|Date of Birth||02/06/1981|
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|