No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - NADAL 7-6 6-2 6-3 - NADAL CLINCHES VICTORY! It's a regulation first-round win for Rafael Nadal, who beats Thomaz Bellucci in straight-sets despite having to recover from 4-0 down in the opening set! The second seed is safely through to face either Ivan Dodig of Croatia or Lukas Rosol of the Czech Republic in the second round. Drawsheet
- - NADAL 7-6 6-2 5-3 - Bellucci hammers a brilliant backhand passing shot for a winner to close out a third service game, and the Brazilian is not giving up this match without a real fight. Nadal can now serve out for the match...
- - NADAL 7-6 6-2 5-2 - Nadal fires a forehand down the line as he keeps Bellucci kept firmly back behind the baseline, and he holds serve to move to within a game of sealing victory!
- - NADAL 7-6 6-2 4-2 - BREAK! Nadal breaks once more as Bellucci falters on serve, and the Brazilian is furious with himself as he goes wide with a forehand and fails to find any rhythm on his first delivery.
- - NADAL 7-6 6-2 3-2 - Nadal is utterly relentless as he closes out another very comfortable service hold, and two big first deliveries outwide ensure that Bellucci cannot respond.
- - NADAL 7-6 6-2 2-2 - Bellucci is refusing to be dictated to in this third set, and he fires a terrific forehand cross court to force Nadal into making the error which gives him the game.
- - NADAL 7-6 6-2 2-1 - BREAK! What a response from Bellucci, who breaks straight back to restore parity in this third set as the second seed loses his concentration a touch with the Brazilian hammering a forehand down the line to close it out!
- - NADAL 7-6 6-2 2-0 - BREAK! Nadal is running away with this match now as he breaks serve with ease to leave Bellucci utterly despondent and crestfallen. The Spaniard finds two brilliant forehand winners, and continues to raise his intensity. /// @dpaulelson has got in touch to say that Nadal will beat Federer in the final after the Swiss has overcome Djokovic. What do others think?
- - NADAL 7-6 6-2 1-0 - Nadal moves in front at the start of this third set as he holds serve very comfortably, and the Spaniard is able to pile on the pressure as Bellucci serves now.
- - Do you think Nadal will win Wimbledon this year? Let me know who you think will be triumphant... Get in touch on Twitter!
- - NADAL 7-6 6-2 - SET! What a set from Nadal, who produces a hugely dominant display to leave Bellucci with no chance whatsoever. The world number two is now in a commanding position in this match.
- - NADAL 7-6 5-2 - Nadal consolidates his break of serve with the utmost ease, holding to 15 as he moves to within a game of the second set. Bellucci looks pretty world-weary as he takes to his seat.
- - NADAL 7-6 4-2 - BREAK! Nadal has the elusive break in this second set as Bellucci finally crumbles under pressure and goes long with a forehand and plants a backhand into the net. Nadal has the advantage!
- - NADAL 7-6 3-2 - Nadal races through another service hold as Bellucci goes wide with two forehands, and the Spaniard is managing to keep his opponent honest with consistent serving.
- - NADAL 7-6 2-2 - Bellucci is fighting to remain on terms in this second set, and he does very well indeed to find two big forehand winners and a string of fine first serves to hold.
- - NADAL 7-6 1-1 - Bellucci levels at 1-1 with a composed hold, and he does very well to defy Nadal from 30-30 with the second seed desperate to secure an early break of serve.
- - NADAL 7-6 1-0 - Nadal slams a forehand down the line, and the Spaniard is thriving now as Bellucci looks very despondent after having not recorded a single point in the breaker.
- - NADAL 7-6 - SET! Nadal sweeps through the tie-break with consummate ease, taking it 7-0 as Bellucci's spirits are crushed by the second seed. Three unforced errors did not help, but Nadal takes the opening set.
- - NADAL 6-6 (4-0) - Nadal takes the first four points of the breaker as Bellucci twice plants simple shots into the net and fails to take control of the situation with the second seed running away with it.
- - NADAL 6-6 - We are into a tie-break on Centre Court as Nadal holds to 30 and, despite two brilliant forehand winners, Bellucci must now take on the second seed in the breaker.
- - NADAL 5-6 - Bellucci holds once more under tremendous pressure, and he can now attack Nadal's serve once more with nothing to lose and a tie-break seemingly imminent.
- - NADAL 5-5 - Nadal levels at 5-5 with a very composed service hold, but Bellucci still manages to hammer a clean winner on his forehand wing to put pressure on his opponent. This set is very finely poised.
- - NADAL 4-5 - Bellucci shows tremendous character to respond after seeing his big lead eroded, and he holds serve comfortably. The Brazilian keeps his nose in front at the business end of this first set.
- - NADAL 4-4 - Nadal finds three big serves outwide, and Bellucci is unable to connect cleanly with a big return as the Spaniard closes out another game to level at 4-4. All the momentum is with Nadal now.
- - NADAL 3-4 - BREAK! The almost inevitable response from Nadal comes as the world number two slams a forehand cross court to beat Bellucci's defences, and he breaks back for a second successive game and restores parity! // @Dre_diesley has Tweeted that he wants to see Nadal lose. Bellucci is back on terms, however.
- - NADAL 2-4 - Nadal further reduces the deficit as he drives a forehand down the line, and a stunning forehand pass from Bellucci is not enough to help him resist the world number two. /// @jonnoadam has got in touch on Twitter to say: "Still have to back Nadal to win. Doesn't matter how the top seeds play in the first week, as long as they get through."
- - NADAL 1-4 - BREAK! Nadal finally kicks into gear and breaks Bellucci's serve with a flurry of powerful groundstrokes, and the Brazilian plants two unforced errors into the net. Nadal is on the board!
- - What do you make of this poor start from Nadal, and who are you backing to win Wimbledon this year? Get in touch with your comments via Twitter!
- - NADAL 0-4 - BREAK! This is quite astonishing: Bellucci breaks for a second successive game, and Nadal is really struggling to compete with his opponent! The Spaniard takes Bellucci to deuce, but he comes through with a forehand down the line to break again!
- - NADAL 0-3 - What a stunning start to the match this is from Bellucci, who comfortably consolidates his break of serve and restricts Nadal to rather speculative shots on the run.
- - NADAL 0-2 - BREAK! Bellucci breaks in clinical fashion as Nadal wavers on serve, and this is a quite incredible start to the match from the Brazilian! Nadal has been pretty sluggish, and needs to get going.
- - NADAL 0-1 - Bellucci gets going with a solid hold at the start of the match, and the Brazilian finds three fine first serves. Nadal plants a backhand into the net as he loses the opening game.
- - Nadal leads the pair's head-to-head record 2-0 with wins at Roland Garros in 2008 and 2010. Still, there is no shame in being beaten by the 'prince of clay' at the French Open!
- - World number two and second seed Rafael Nadal is next up on Centre Court as he takes on Thomaz Bellucci of Brazil.
|Date of Birth||30/12/1987|
|Date of Birth||03/06/1986|