No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- SHARAPOVA 6-1 6-1 – GAME SET MATCH! Sharapova starts with a winning serve and follows it with a 107mph ace. Another huge serve brings three match points and she converts the first with an easy put away. She now faces Lucie Safarova or Nadia Petrova. Women's draw
- SHARAPOVA 6-1 5-1 – BREAK! Sharapova blasts a backhand that Burdette can’t control at the net. The American hits wide to put herself under pressure. Another long forehand brings three break points and virtual match points. She saves the first but then hits long as Sharapova breaks and will serve for the match.
- SHARAPOVA 6-1 4-1 – Sharapova throws in another double fault to go 15-40 down. Burdette nets her first break chance and then fires long. Two more errant forehands gives Sharapova the game.
- SHARAPOVA 6-1 3-1 – BREAK! Sharapova regroups immediately to earn two break points with a backhand return winner. Burdette saves the first with a big forehand but a crunching forehand return gets Sharapova the break again.
- SHARAPOVA 6-1 2-1 – BREAK! Sharapova nets to go 15-30 down on serve and hangs her head. A lovely crosscourt winner gets Burdette two break back points. She saves the first with an ace but throws in a double to give it straight back again.
- SHARAPOVA 6-1 2-0 – BREAK! Sharapova earns a break point at 34-40 and takes it with a mid court forehand winner.
- SHARAPOVA 6-1 1-0 – Sharapova hits a double fault and wide backhand to concede three break points. She saves the first with a forehand winner before Burdette hits wide. A big serve saves the third and Burdette twice hits wide. Chance gone.
- SHARAPOVA 6-1 – SET! Burdette hits a winner on the opening point but big hitting from Sharapova and a net cord that takes the ball out gives the Russian two set points. She nets on the first but a lucky net cord sees the ball plop over and give Sharapova the set.
- SHARAPOVA 5-1 – Sharapova hits long on the opening point but Burdette returns the compliment. A couple of big forehands give the Russian a healthy lead.
- SHARAPOVA 4-1 – BREAK! Sharapova crunches a winning forehand but neat play at the net gets Burdette on terms. But Sharapova earns two break points and breaks through again as Burdette nets. Ominous early signs.
- SHARAPOVA 3-1 – Sharapova starts with another ace and unreturned backhand. Burdette hits long and another Sharapova ace seals the game.
- SHARAPOVA 2-1 – A backhand winner puts pressure on the Burdette serve but the Russian nets and Burdette produces a backhand winner of her own before Sharapova hits long. Good hold.
- SHARAPOVA 2-0 – Burdette begins with a great pass but a whipped forehand and big serve followed by an unforced error gives Sharapova the game.
- SHARAPOVA 1-0 – BREAK! Sharapova begins with a crunching return at Burdette’s feet and the American hooks wide then nets to concede two break points. She saves the first but Sharapova breaks through with a big forehand.
- Next up on Arthur Ashe is third seed and 2006 champion Maria Sharapova versus American Mallory Burdette, who has reached the third round on her Grand Slam debut. She claimed her place in the draw as winner of the USTA’s Pro Circuit Points Race and is the lowest ranked player left in the draw.
|Date of Birth||19/04/1987|
|Date of Birth||28/01/1991|