No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- RADWANSKA 4-6 6-3 6-0 – GAME SET MATCH! Radwanska gets to double match point with a lovely backhand drop volley on the stretch and Suarez-Navarro hits long to complete a bizarre capitulation, losing eleven games on the bounce! She now faces Jelena Jankovic in the third round. Women's draw
- RADWANSKA 4-6 6-3 5-0 – BREAK! Suarez nets tamely to concede two more break points and Radwanska blazes a backhand winner to break yet again. She will serve for the match.
- RADWANSKA 4-6 6-3 4-0 – Radwanska completes a quick love hold to win her ninth game on the trot.
- RADWANSKA 4-6 6-3 3-0 – BREAK! Suarez-Navarro squanders a 40-15 advantage to lose her eighth successive game since she was 3-1 up in the second. What a capitulation from the Spaniard.
- RADWANSKA 4-6 6-3 2-0 – Comfortable hold for Radwanska to consolidate the break.
- RADWANSKA 4-6 6-3 1-0 – BREAK! Radwanska is again the more consistent on the long rallies and breaks to 15 as Suarez hits out. Early in the set but this looks a done deal.
- RADWANSKA 4-6 6-3 – SET! The second seed holds comfortably to love to force it into a final set and few would back against her now. Suarez-Navarro looks emotionally broken.
- RADWANSKA 4-6 5-3 – BREAK! Radwanska comes out on top of a series of gruelling rallies and it is now she who looks the stronger as Suarez nets. What a turnaround from 1-3 down to 5-3!
- RADWANSKA 4-6 4-3 – The second seed suddenly looks full of confidence and she isn’t ready to go home. After a slight wobble from 40-0 to 40-30, she holds.
- RADWANSKA 4-6 3-3 – BREAK! Aided by a double fault, Radwanska hits freely to break to love. Not all over yet!
- RADWANSKA 4-6 2-3 – BIG HOLD! Radwanska battles to 40-15 but has to stave off two break points before securing a crucial hold to keep her hopes alive.
- RADWANSKA 4-6 1-3 –Radwanska hits lazily wide and Suarez hammers two more winners to move further ahead.
- RADWANSKA 4-6 1-2 – BREAK! Suarez wins the opening point against serve and Radwanska chips a lazy backhand long to go further behind. The Pole nets a volley to concede two more break points. She saves the first and Suarez then hooks wide before earning another with a dipping forehand and this time breaks through. Big trouble for the second seed.
- RADWANSKA 4-6 1-1 – Suarez races to 40-0 with more heavy hitting and closes it out to 15. Radwanska looks in trouble here.
- RADWANSKA 4-6 1-0 – A tough hold for Radwanska to 30. She needed that.
- RADWANSKA 4-6 – SET! Suarez-Navarro gets the better of another long exchange to earn a set point but Radwanska saves with a stunning backhand winner. She saves another but can do nothing with the third as the Spaniard goes a set to the good.
- RADWANSKA 4-5 – BREAK! Suarez-Navarro finds two lovely top spin forehand winners to earn two break points. She nets on the first but passes Radwanska at the net to secure the break. She will serve for the set.
- RADWANSKA 4-4 – BREAK! The Pole draws first blood with a slice onto the baseline but Suarez stays the more patient in two long rallies. The Spaniard hits wide and is lobbed beautifully to go break point down and Radwanska breaks as Suarez hits long. Crisis averted.
- RADWANSKA 3-4 – BIG HOLD! Two uncharacteristic netted forehands put Radwanska in trouble at 15-30 after mammoth rallies and she then hits long to concede a break point. She saves another two for a massive hold.
- RADWANSKA 2-4 – Another long game and Suarez holds to 30 as Radwanska hits long.
- RADWANSKA 2-3 – Suarez’s heavy looping topspin groundies seem to be troubling the rhythm of Radwanska but she holds on.
- RADWANSKA 1-3 – Suarez consolidates the break with a love service hold. Is Radwanska in trouble?
- RADWANSKA 1-2 – BREAK! Big groundstrokes peg the Pole back to deuce and Suarez breaks through as Radwanska hits long.
- RADWANSKA 1-1 – Suarez races to 40-0 but throws in a double fault and hits wide as the game goes to deuce. She then nets to concede break point but recovers with a backhand winner and levels at 1-1.
- RADWANSKA 1-0 – A lovely volleyed winner gets Radwanska to 30-0 and two good serves wrap up the first game to love.
- Next up on Grandstand is number two seed Agnieszka Radwanska against Carla Suarez Navarro. Radwanska leads the head-to-head 1-0.
|Date of Birth||03/09/1988|
|Date of Birth||06/03/1989|