|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - AZARENKA 6-1 4-6 7-6 - GAME, SET AND MATCH! The defending champion is out, and the world number one is through to the semi-finals! Victoria Azarenka wins the tie-break 7-5 to beat Sam Stosur in a thrilling three-setter on Arthur Ashe, and she's through to the last four at Flushing Meadows for the first time! She will next take on either Marion Bartoli or third seed Maria Sharapova in the semi-finals. Women's drawsheet
- - AZARENKA 6-1 4-6 6-6 (5-5) - Stosur roars back with a string of gutsy points, and the defending champion is right back in this with Azarenka inexplicably going well long with a second serve for a double fault!
- - AZARENKA 6-1 4-6 6-6 (4-0) - Stosur is imploding dramatically in the tie-break as she puts two forehands long and goes wide with a backhand. Azarenka takes a commanding lead!
- - AZARENKA 6-1 4-6 6-6 - We're into a tie-break on Arthur Ashe! This intriguing quarter-final will be decided on the breaker as Stosur again holds under pressure from her opponent, and she comes through impressively with a huge cross-court forehand winner to close it out!
- - AZARENKA 6-1 4-6 6-5 - Azarenka is relentless on serve as she peppers the box with fine first deliveries, and Stosur is not able to get any kind of foothold in the game. The seventh seed will again have to serve to stay in the match.
- - AZARENKA 6-1 4-6 5-5 - Stosur will not be denied as she falls 15-30 behind, but roars through to close out another tough service game in clinical fashion. The defending champion is not going to fall away easily.
- - AZARENKA 6-1 4-6 5-4 - Azarenka moves in court and attacks at every opportunity as she ensures that Stosur remains on the back foot in the game - she holds to lead at the business end of this final set.
- - AZARENKA 6-1 4-6 4-4 - Stosur levels at 4-4 with a very determined hold, and she shows impressive composure under pressure as Azarenka is unable to hit straight back once more. This match is going to the wire!
- - AZARENKA 6-1 4-6 4-3 - BREAK! This match continues to surprise everyone as both players trade blows from the back of the court and neither is able to hold serve at the moment! Azarenka is furious with herself and throws away two balls as she is broken back again.
- - AZARENKA 6-1 4-6 4-2 - BREAK! Stosur is unable to gather her composure on serve, and Azarenka is utterly clinical as she refuses to let her opponent settle with a barrage of stunning groundstrokes. She breaks, and has the advantage once more!
- - AZARENKA 6-1 4-6 3-2 - BREAK! What a match this is turning out to be, as Stosur hits straight back with a ruthless break, and Azarenka is not able to consolidate her advantage in this final set! We're back on terms.
- - AZARENKA 6-1 4-6 3-1 - BREAK! Azarenka seizes control of the third and decisive set as she breaks Stosur, and two brilliant forehand winners clinch it as the top seed takes the advantage!
- - AZARENKA 6-1 4-6 2-1 - Azarenka begins to come in court more regularly as she puts Stosur under pressure with a series of testing approach shots, and she mixes up her play effectively to hold.
- - AZARENKA 6-1 4-6 1-1 - Stosur replies with a fine hold of her own, and she slices two superb serves outwide which leave Azarenka unable to find a return. The Australian holds fairly comfortably in the end.
- - AZARENKA 6-1 4-6 1-0 - Azarenka holds at the start of the third set as Stosur is only able to produce one successful attacking shot to breach her opponent's defences. Can she now hold to establish herself at the start of the set?
- - AZARENKA 6-1 4-6 - SET! It's very tough going for Stosur as Azarenka wins the first two points of the game with fierce forehands down the line, but the Australian comes through to hold and close out the set with a fortunate net cord winner to level up this match!
- - AZARENKA 6-1 4-5 - Azarenka reduces the deficit with a determined hold, and the top seed will not give this second set up without a real fight. Stosur will now have the chance to serve out for the set.
- - AZARENKA 6-1 3-5 - Stosur consolidates her break of serve with a gutsy hold from deuce, and the defending champion is having to work exceptionally hard for this. She's now just a game away from levelling up the match.
- - AZARENKA 6-1 3-4 - BREAK! Stosur is utterly clinical as she wins two long rallies from the back of the court, and she times her attacks perfectly to take control of the second set at the death.
- - AZARENKA 6-1 3-3 - Stosur keeps pace with the world number one on serve as she comes through another tough game to hold under pressure. The Australian is relishing the challenge of this second set.
- - AZARENKA 6-1 3-2 - Azarenka finds two precise first deliveries outwide to set up another hold, and Stosur is not managing to get a foothold on return at the moment.
- - AZARENKA 6-1 2-2 - Stosur falls 15-30 behind on serve as she puts a forehand wide going for a winner, but she recovers to hold with two good first serves outwide.
- - AZARENKA 6-1 2-1 - Azarenka moves in front with a solid hold, and the world number one is back on terms and looking very confident once more. Stosur must now hold under pressure.
- - AZARENKA 6-1 1-1 - BREAK! Azarenka hits straight back with a clinical break, and Stosur completely falls apart on serve as her second delivery proves very ineffective. Azarenka is thriving once more.
- - AZARENKA 6-1 0-1 - BREAK! Stosur makes an inspired start to the second set as she swiftly moves to 0-40 on the Azarenka serve with a series of punishing groundstrokes, and she closes it out to 15 to seize the advantage.
- - AZARENKA 6-1 - SET! Stosur, despondent after missing out on a break in the previous game, loses her own serve very cheaply as Azarenka breaks for the third time to take the opening set in very convincing fashion. The defending champion will have to raise her level significantly.
- - AZARENKA 5-1 - Stosur throws everything at her opponent in a desperate bid to break back, but Azarenka holds firm after an extended deuce to win her service game and move to within a game of the opening set.
- - AZARENKA 4-1 - Stosur belatedly gets on the board in this opening set as she fires a first serve down the T to move to 40-15, then hammers a forehand cross court to hold. What can she now do on Azarenka's serve?
- - AZARENKA 4-0 - The top seed produces a very comfortable service hold to get going once more following the rain delay, and she is looking imperious in this opening set against Stosur, who really needs to hold now.
- - UPDATE: The players are back out on court for this quarter-final, with Azarenka leading Stosur 3-0 with two breaks of serve in the opening set. The pair are out knocking up once more, and both appear happy with the court. Good news at last!
- - UPDATE: The rain has finally stopped and the groundstaff are mopping up on Arthur Ashe as they prepare the court for a restart. The players should be back out fairly shortly.
- - It's a very mixed forecast in New York, looking forward. This present shower is expected to last for another 15 minutes or so, but further showers may well follow later on. It's very cloudy, and the forecast is not overly encouraging. Full weather forecast: New York
- - Who do you fancy to win the women's title at the US Open - is it all about Serena Williams for you? The defending champion, Stosur, has made a poor start against world number one Azarenka, who has to be a real contender. What about Maria Sharapova? Get in touch with your views via Twitter!
- - During this rain delay, take a few moments to hear from Azarenka as she discussed her prospects ahead of this match. Video: Azarenka braced for champion
- - Oh dear! The rain is teeming down at Flushing Meadows, and the umbrellas go up on Arthur Ashe as the players sprint off the court hastily. It's very heavy indeed!
- - AZARENKA 3-0 - BREAK! Azarenka is on fire as she takes a second successive break of serve, and the top seed is thriving as she takes a commanding lead! Stosur, the defending champion, is being comprehensively outplayed early on.
- - AZARENKA 2-0 - Azarenka is forced to battle through from 30-30 as Stosur finds the line with a sublime forehand on the run, but the top seed holds her composure and hits a big first serve to hold and consolidate her early break.
- - AZARENKA 1-0 - BREAK! Azarenka stamps her authority on proceedings from the outset as she drives a forehand down the line and moves in court to slam another cross court - Stosur's serve is immediately broken, and the Australian is behind.
- - Stosur will serve first in this opening set, and it's a sad sight at Arthur Ashe: there is barely anyone inside the enormous stadium, and this is a quarter-final!
- - The Belarusian has also been in superb form during the first week, dropping fewer games (10) and breaking serve more times (25) than any other player in the tournament. Stosur is also yet to drop a set and ended Britain's Laura Robson's run in the previous round.
- - Defending champion Stosur may have won 11 successive matches at Flushing Meadows, but she is yet to pick up a single set against Azarenka over the course of their six previous meetings.
|Date of Birth||31/07/1989|
|Date of Birth||30/03/1984|