No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- SHARAPOVA 6-2 6-2 – GAME SET MATCH SHARAPOVA! A fantastic deep backhand winner brings up two match points. Czink saves the first with a ferocious forehand of her own but a big body serve gives the third seed victory. She will now face Lourdes Dominguez Lino in the second round. Check out the full draw here.
- SHARAPOVA 6-2 5-2 – BREAK! Sharapova misses an easy put away and Czink wins a long rally before netting a half volley. A fifth backhand winner from Sharapova and remarkable retrieving brings another break point. She squanders the first but earns another and will serve for the match as Czink hits long.
- SHARAPOVA 6-2 4-2 – Czink hits two outrageous return winners but Sharapova hits a big backhand winner and an ace to hold serve.
- SHARAPOVA 6-2 3-2 – Growing in confidence, Czink races to 30-0 before Sharapova hits a venomous backhand winner and big forehand. But the Hungarian digs deep to win another game thanks to another Sharapova error.
- SHARAPOVA 6-2 3-1 – BREAK! Cruising at 40-15, Sharapova misses three easy forehands to concede a first break point. A huge backhand saves the day but a free hitting Czink earns another and this time converts to stop the rot.
- SHARAPOVA 6-2 3-0 – BREAK! Sharapova seeing it like a football out there and Czink in danger of getting overwhelmed here. She breaks to 15.
- SHARAPOVA 6-2 2-0 – Big serving from Sharapova and she wraps up her sixth game on the trot with her fourth ace.
- SHARAPOVA 6-2 1-0 – BREAK! More heavy hitting from Sharapova brings up three break points and a fabulous running forehand winner earns the break.
- SHARAPOVA 6-2 – SET! Sharapova races to double set point with a forehand winner. She nets on the first but an ace wraps up the opening set.
- SHARAPOVA 5-2 – BREAK! Sharapova forces three break points with a sweet drop shot and although Czink saves the first, Sharapova converts the second and will serve for the set.
- SHARAPOVA 4-2 – Despite some valiant retrieving from Czink, Sharapova holds with an ace.
- SHARAPOVA 3-2 – BREAK! Three big returns put Czink in trouble at 15-40. She saves the first two but can’t control a volley to concede another and she hits wide to give Sharapova the break.
- SHARAPOVA 2-2 – Sharapova races to 40-0 but two unforced errors gets Czink into the game. But a big forehand winner closes it out.
- SHARAPOVA 1-2 – Czink comes through a minor crisis at 30-30 but holds thanks to a Hawk Eye challenge that goes her way.
- SHARAPOVA 1-1 – Big hitting from the Russian wraps up her opening service game to love as Czink nets a return.
- SHARAPOVA 0-1 – Czink hits wide but then blasts a clean winner and Sharapova then nets and a forehand winner wraps up the opening game for the Hungarian.
- Maria Sharapova v Melinda Czink due on Arthur Ashe shortly.
|Date of Birth||19/04/1987|
|Date of Birth||22/10/1982|