No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- ROBSON 6-4 6-7 6-2 - Game Set & Match! Robson beats 9th seed and former French Open champion Li Na! Robson composes herself after a double fault brings up 15-30, and gets match point when Na goes long with a backhand. Na goes logn again and Robson sets up a 4th round clash with Samantha Stotur.
- ROBSON 6-4 6-7 5-2 - DOUBLE BREAK! What a chance for Laura Robson! Na is feeling the heat again out there as she hits a couple of horrendous shots. She can't deal with Robson, who is serving for the match.
- ROBSON 6-4 6-7 4-2 - Robson is forced to deal with another difficult moment with the umpire, who orders the first point of the game to be replayed after ruling that a point should be replayed when Robson believed she should have the point. Either way, she remains focused once again and serves her way to an impressive hold.
- ROBSON 6-4 6-7 3-2 - BREAK! Robson breaks at the third time of asking. She shows real mental toughness to come back after she has a winning shot ruled out after an over-rule from the chair. But she stays forcused and forces Na to send a forehand long. The crowd want Robson to do this, and Robson has the advantage again.
- ROBSON 6-4 6-7 2-2 - Robson serving very well, and it must be said Robson is getting closer to the Na serve than Na is getting to Robson's.
- ROBSON 6-4 6-7 1-2 - Robson forces five deuces on the Na serve and spurns a break point. Na recovers and forces Robson to hit a forehand wildly wide. Still on serve, although that was encouraging by Robson.
- ROBSON 6-4 6-7 1-1 - Robson starts her service game a little shakily but two big aces secures the hold.
- ROBSON 6-4 6-7 0-1 - Na has a new lease of life out there. Fires her way to a love service game. Robson will come under a lot of pressure in this set.
- ROBSON 6-4 6-5 - Robson opens a 40-0 lead before Na pegs her back with a lovely backhand winner. But undeterred, Robson pulls an ace out of the bag to put the pressure back on Na.
- ROBSON 6-4 5-5 - Na holds confidently. Robson didn't get close that time.
- ROBSON 6-4 5-4 - Vital hold for Robson, whose service games have come under pressure this set. She holds well, and Na will serve to stay in the match.
- ROBSON 6-4 4-4 - Na bags back-to-back aces to hold serve to 30. She's playing far better stuff now - Robson could be in trouble if this goes to a third set.
- ROBSON 6-4 4-3 - Robson screams at herself as she concedes a break point, but she gets herself out of jail with a superb serve before closing out the hold with the new balls.
- ROBSON 6-4 3-3 - Word has got around Flushing Meadows that the 9th seed is in a spot of bother. The Louis Armstrong court has filled up considerably as Na holds after Robson clawed her way back from 40-0 to deuce. The Chinese player has steadied the ship. For now.
- ROBSON 6-4 3-2 - Assured serving by Robson, who keeps her nose in front in the second set.
- ROBSON 6-4 2-2 - Robson applies more pressure on the Na serve, but she serves her way to safety to make an important hold.
- ROBSON 2-1 - The English player is back in front with a solid hold to 15. Robson ahead again, Na under pressure.
- ROBSON 6-4 1-1 BREAK BACK! Robson forces Na into rushing a backhand and Robson gets herself two break points - and takes the second of them. Robson fighting hard here.
- ROBSON 6-4 0-1 - BREAK! Robson is broken after leading 40-15. She opens the door to Na, who hits a superb backhand winner to bring up break point, before securing the break.
- ROBSON 6-4 - SET! Na's turn to feel the pressure as Robson does everything she failed to do in the previous game. Robson forces Na to send a backhand wide and Robson pumps her fist as she takes the first set. Robson yet to drop a set in this tournament.
- ROBSON 5-4 - BREAK! Na is back on serve as Robson produces two double faults as she feels the pressure to serve out. Na takes the game having not been forced to play many shots, and that will disappoint the British number three.
- ROBSON 5-3 - Na eases to a love service game and she'll be pulling out all the stops to deny Robson the first set here.
- ROBSON 5-2 - Robson producing some wonderful forehand winners from the baseline. She's also serving well and Na is unable to return Robson's serve and it puts her just a game away from the first set.
- ROBSON 4-2 - BREAK! Robson has her break back as Na struggles to hang on to her serve. Alarm bells ringing for Na.
- ROBSON 2-2 - Na holds easily and we are back on serve.
- ROBSON 2-1 BREAK! Na breaks back to get things back on serve. She gets herself to 30-40 and Robson is stretching to reach a forehand which she sends long.
- ROBSON 2-0 - BREAK! Robson earns a break point but Na levels at deuce. But Robson gets herself another break point and Na's backhand drifts long to give Robson an early break point.
- ROBSON 1-0 - Robson opens with a lovely forehand winner. Na has a glimmer of hope at 30-30 but Robson sees it out to hold.
- First up on Louis Armstrong we have ninth seed Li Na taking on Britain’s Laura Robson, who ended the career of three-time US Open champion Kim Clijsters on Wednesday night. It is the first meeting between the two players.
|Date of Birth||26/02/1982|
|Date of Birth||21/01/1994|