No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - ERRANI 6-1 6-1 - GAME, SET AND MATCH! It looks as if Puchkova will finish with a hold of serve at least, but from 40-30 down Errani roars through, hitting a winner that just catches the line to force deuce, then waiting for the errors. A wild forehand from Puchkova seals her fate - and that's somewhat appropriate. So it's Errani v Kerber in the last 16. Draw
- - ERRANI 6-1 5-1 - Brutal. The error count from Puchkova is up to 36 - Errani, for her part, has just six. She's also serving with an 89% first serve rate. That tells you where the match is being won. The end in sight for the Italian.
- - ERRANI 6-1 3-0 - BREAK! One-way traffic on Court 17 as well, where Errani isn't letting Puchkova have a sniff. Puchkova has won just four points on serve so far in the set. The only plus point for her at the moment is that it will all be over soon.
- - ERRANI 6-1 1-0 - BREAK! And Puchkova's chances of victory recede a little further. Errani's game needs her to maintain a certain intensity, but at the moment there's no signs her level will drop.
- - ERRANI 6-1 - SET! Easy as you like for Errani - Just shy of half an hour played, and the Italian halfway to victory. She's never been as far as the fourth round in the US Open, but who'd bet against her now? Puchkova's strokeplay simply too wild and error-laden.
- - ERRANI 5-1 - BREAK! Delectable drop shot from Errani, surprising Puchkova and producing two more break points. She only needs one of them as Puchkova rattles the net cord and the ball bounces out of play. The Italian in total control.
- - ERRANI 4-1 - BREAK! Errani has come on leaps and bounds this year - a diminutive player with a game built around waspish running. She strikes the first blow in the third round clash against the Russian.
- - Also underway on Court 17, French Open finalist Sara Errani, seeded 10 here, takes on Olga Puchkvoa of Russia.
|Date of Birth||27/09/1987|
|Date of Birth||29/04/1987|