|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - KERBER 6-7 3-6 - GAME, SET AND MATCH! Sara Errani secures her place in the quarter-finals of the US Open with a brilliant victory over sixth seed Angelique Kerber, and the Italian is overjoyed as she throws two balls into the stands in celebration after serving it out. The 10th seed will next take on either compatriot Roberta Vinci or Agnieszka Radwanska, the second seed. Women's drawsheet
- - KERBER 6-7 3-5 - BREAK! Errani seizes the initiative at the business end of this second set with a clinical break of serve, and the Italian screams with delight as she closes it out with a backhand winner down the line! Can she now serve out for the win?
- - KERBER 6-7 3-4 - Errani manages to cling on to her service hold as she arrests a worrying slump and moves ahead once more in this second set. The Italian battles on impressively.
- - KERBER 6-7 3-3 - Kerber completes her recovery in the second set as she levels at 3-3, and the German sixth seed is thriving now with Errani having to respond.
- - KERBER 6-7 2-3 - BREAK! Kerber is resurgent all of a sudden as she hammers a forehand down the line for a clean winner, and the German is back on terms with the break back as Errani falters.
- - KERBER 6-7 1-3 - Kerber belatedly gets on the board in this second set with a gutsy hold after an extended deuce, and the German is having to scrap very hard to remain in this match.
- - KERBER 6-7 0-3 - Errani consolidates her break of serve at the start of this second set, and the 10th seed is surging towards the quarter-finals now! Can Kerber hold and settle after a slow start since the first set breaker?
- - KERBER 6-7 0-2 - BREAK! Kerber falters badly on serve as she loses her rhythm and only finds two first serves as Errani ruthlessly breaks to stamp her authority on this second set!
- - KERBER 6-7 0-1 - Errani gets off and running in the second set as she slams a backhand passing shot down the line for a clean winner, and the Italian is putting Kerber under real pressure now - can she break at the start of the set?
- - KERBER 6-7 - SET! Errani takes the opening set, winning the tie-break 7-5, and the Italian is very fired up as she throws two balls into the air to celebrate taking it! She has the advantage now over Kerber, who could not match her opponent in the breaker.
- - KERBER 6-6 (1-3) - Errani gets off to a flyer in the tie-break with a string of belligerent blows from the back of the court, and the Italian is giving it absolutely everything!
- - KERBER 6-6 - Errani is relentless from the back of the court as she pounds successive winners down the line, and the Italian takes this opening set into a tie-break. Kerber cannot prevent it from heading into the breaker.
- - KERBER 6-5 - Kerber holds once more to lead 6-5 in this opening set, and the German produces a quite stunning forehand down the line as Errani looks to apply pressure but is thwarted.
- - KERBER 5-5 - Errani holds with relative ease as she finds three precise first serves to leave Kerber lunging around at the back of the court off balance. Errani holds, and the 10th seed is back level once more.
- - KERBER 5-4 - Kerber moves back in front after having had to haul herself back on terms, and she holds with distinction to lead 5-4 at the business end of this opening set! Errani is really having to fight hard to stay with the German now.
- - KERBER 4-4 - BREAK! This match continues to swing one way, then the other, as Kerber breaks back once more to level at 4-4! The German has the crowd on their feet as she somehow retrieves a drop shot from Errani, and she's playing superbly!
- - KERBER 3-4 - BREAK! Errani breaks again as she forces her way back into a lead in this opening set, and the Italian will not be denied the way she is currently playing as she fires a forehand down the line and lets out a cry of delight!
- - KERBER 3-3 - BREAK! Kerber hits back to get on terms in this opening set, and she breaks courtesy of a string of sparkling shots from the back of the court. She wins two long rallies, and Errani sees her advantage slip away.
- - KERBER 2-3 - Kerber holds in composed fashion with a flurry of fine serves, and she continues to match Errani from the back of the court. She can now attack Errani's delivery.
- - KERBER 1-3 - This is shaping up to be a terrific match on Louis Armstrong as both players trade blows from the back of the court, and Errani manages to come through a very tough service hold to consolidate her break.
- - KERBER 1-2 - BREAK! Errani has the early break on Louis Armstrong, and Kerber is caught napping on her serve as the Italian finds two big forehand winners to take control! Kerber will now need to respond.
- - KERBER 1-1 - Errani also establishes herself with a comfortable hold as she gets going in impressive fashion, and the 10th seed finds a sublime forehand to cap it off.
- - KERBER 1-0 - Kerber gets on the board straight away with a solid hold, and the German sixth seed finds two fine first deliveries to find her rhythm early on.
- - Over on Louis Armstrong, sixth seed Angelique Kerber of Germany takes of Sara Errani of Italy - the 10th seed - in their fourth-round match.
|Date of Birth||18/01/1988|
|Date of Birth||29/04/1987|