No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - IVANOVIC 6-0 5-4 - BREAK! Pironkova hits straight back to prevent Ivanovic from serving out for the match, and it's a brilliant response from the Bulgarian, who slams a forehand cross court to seal the break!
- - IVANOVIC 6-0 5-3 - BREAK! Pironkova is not able to respond with a hold of her own, and Ivanovic breaks for the third successive game as she moves to within a service hold of the match! Can the Bulgarian do anything to hit back?
- - IVANOVIC 6-0 4-3 - Ivanovic finally holds to break the sequence of games in which the returner has prevailed, and she is absolutely delighted as she celebrates the game.
- - IVANOVIC 6-0 3-3 - BREAK! Ivanovic is straight back on terms with the fourth break of serve in four games, and neither player is able to hold at the moment with their serves undermined. Pironkova squanders her advantage again.
- - IVANOVIC 6-0 2-3 - BREAK! Again, Pironkova shocks Ivanovic with a gutsy break of serve and the Serb is left looking up at her coach Nigel Sears in bewilderment. The Bulgarian is battling very hard in this second set and has the advantage once more.
- - IVANOVIC 6-0 2-2 - BREAK! Ivanovic, perhaps having eased off in the previous game and been punished, roars back to break and level up the second set at 2-2. The Serb produces a brilliant forehand passing shot to clinch the break back!
- - IVANOVIC 6-0 1-2 - BREAK! Suddenly, Pironkova seems to believe in herself as she breaks serve in ruthless fashion! Ivanovic wavers on serve as the Bulgarian is able to take the game to deuce, then break clinically.
- - IVANOVIC 6-0 1-1 - She's on the board! Eventually, Pironkova gets on the scoreboard with a service hold, and she battles through despite Ivanovic putting her under real pressure once more. Can she attack her opponent's delivery now?
- - IVANOVIC 6-0 1-0 - Ivanovic has no problem in holding serve to begin the second set in confident fashion, and Pironkova is going to have to find something special to haul herself back into contention.
- - IVANOVIC 6-0 - SET! It's a stunning set of tennis from Ivanovic, who storms through another break of serve to love with consummate ease! Pironkova immediately receives treatment for a neck problem, and she is struggling to make any impression in this match.
- - IVANOVIC 5-0 - It's moving towards a bagel for Pironkova as Ivanovic again consolidates a break of serve with real composure. She establishes a commanding lead, and Pironkova must now hold to avoid the ignominy of a bagel.
- - IVANOVIC 4-0 - BREAK! It's one-way traffic at the moment on Arthur Ashe as Ivanovic breaks for a second successive game, and Pironkova is really struggling to get into this match. She is broken to 30, and the Serb is thriving.
- - IVANOVIC 3-0 - Ivanovic is given a very testing game on her serve as she is forced to deuce by Pironkova, who is beginning to settle on Arthur Ashe as she finds a rhythm with her groundstrokes from the back of the court. Ivanovic comes through from deuce to consolidate her break.
- - IVANOVIC 2-0 - BREAK! What an early onslaught from Ivanovic, who moves in court to hammer a forehand down the line as Pironkova errs on serve, and she breaks to 15 with the Bulgarian not managing to find any rhythm.
- - IVANOVIC 1-0 - It's a very confident start from Ana Ivanovic as the Serb holds with ease to get on the board, and Pironkova blasts two forehand returns well wide.
- - The pair have a 1-1 head-to-head record with Ivanovic having won their first encounter back in 2003 in Bucharest, while Pironkova was victorious in their 2008 meeting in Rome.
- - The first match up on Arthur Ashe sees 12th seed Ana Ivanovic of Serbia take on Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova in their fourth-round match.
|Date of Birth||13/09/1987|
|Date of Birth||06/11/1987|