No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - FERRER 7-5 7-6 6-4 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Ferrer wastes no time following the rain delay in securing his place in the quarter-finals! The Spaniard proves the break had absolutely no effect on him and he cruises to a straight-set win! Men's draw
- - FERRER 7-5 7-6 4-3 - And Ferrer will get his match against Gasquet back under way on Louis Armstrong now! One set all and on serve in the third.
- - FERRER 7-5 7-6 4-3 - And Ferrer will get his match against Gasquet back under way on Louis Armstrong.
- - FERRER 7-5 7-6 4-3 - Gasquet forces a break point at 30-40 with a ferocious forehand, but Ferrer outlasts him in a long rally to come through and hold. It's a very fine hold under the circumstances with rain falling once more, but Ferrer remains composed to see it through.
- - FERRER 7-5 7-6 3-3 - Gasquet manages to settle straight away with a solid hold, and the Frenchman fires a rasping forehand winner down the line to close out the game with a flourish.
- - FERRER 7-5 7-6 3-2 - Ferrer moves in front once more as he takes the opening game after the rain delay with consummate ease, and the Spaniard can now see how quickly Gasquet settles on serve.
- - UPDATE: The rain has finally stopped in New York, and the players make their way back onto court! It's a big relief for the organisers and the spectators, and a good atmosphere is building after the delay.
- - The rain begins to fall very heavily now, and Gasquet and Ferrer are forced off Louis Armstrong at 2-2 in the third set.
- - FERRER 7-5 7-6 2-2 - Gasquet slams a forehand cross court as Ferrer moves in court, and the Frenchman manages to again hold to level at 2-2 in this third set. It's very tight at the moment as the rain begins to fall once more!
- - FERRER 7-5 7-6 2-1 - Ferrer picks out the baseline with a fierce forehand cross court, and the Spaniard is really thriving now. Gasquet hammers a forehand down the line for a winner, but he cannot apply further pressure.
- - FERRER 7-5 7-6 1-1 - Gasquet also gets straight on the board in this third set as he slams a forehand cross court, and the Frenchman is having to really work hard for every point as Ferrer retrieves almost everything!
- - FERRER 7-5 7-6 1-0 - Ferrer drives a forehand down the line and finds two big first serves to hold serve at the start of the third set, and the fourth seed holds firm once more.
- - FERRER 7-5 7-6 - SET! Ferrer takes the tie-break 7-2 with the utmost efficiency, and Gasquet is left utterly despondent after seeing all his hard work and breaks earlier in the set prove to be irrelevant. Ferrer takes a commanding two-set lead!
- - FERRER 7-5 6-6 - We're into a tie-break on Louis Armstrong, too! Ferrer fires a fierce forehand winner down the line to beat Gasquet's defences, and he finds two big first serves to take it into the breaker.
- - FERRER 7-5 5-6 - Gasquet is back in front as he produces two blistering forehands to leave Ferrer helpless, and he closes out the service hold with a big serve outwide.
- - FERRER 7-5 5-5 - Ferrer duly levels at 5-5 as he retrieves two balls he should have no right to retrieve to further frustrate Gasquet. The Frenchman squanders break points, and Ferrer is able to hold.
- - FERRER 7-5 4-5 - BREAK! Ferrer hits back with an inspired break, and Gasquet finds himself on terms once more in this second set as he fails to serve it out! Ferrer is thriving, and he can now level at 5-5 on serve.
- - FERRER 7-5 3-5 - Ferrer ensures that Gasquet will have to serve out for this second set as he holds very comfortably, and the Spaniard is not giving up on this set at all.
- - FERRER 7-5 2-5 - What an electrifying performance this is turning out to be in the second set from Gasquet, who recovers from 0-30 down with a quite brilliant forehand winner and two fine serves before closing out the game!
- - FERRER 7-5 2-4 - BREAK! Gasquet suddenly produces an inspired game to break Ferrer's serve and to seize control of this second set! The Frenchman slams a forehand down the line and manages to volley cross court to close out the game with a flourish.
- - FERRER 7-5 2-3 - Gasquet again holds with a flurry of sparkling groundstrokes to back up his serve, which continues to be rather inconsistent. Can he now apply pressure to the Ferrer delivery?
- - FERRER 7-5 2-2 - Ferrer is unwavering on serve as he finds four first deliveries and backs up each with some very solid strokeplay in court. The fourth seed looks very comfortable.
- - FERRER 7-5 1-2 - Gasquet has a steely focus at the start of this second set as he clenches his fist to celebrate a fine hold. Ferrer does not give any cheap points, and Gasquet is having to work very hard.
- - FERRER 7-5 1-1 - Ferrer levels at the start of the second set with a composed hold to 30, and Gasquet is beginning to look frustrated as he goes wide with a crucial forehand at 30-30.
- - FERRER 7-5 0-1 - Gasquet wins the opening game of the second set with a crisp forehand winner down the line closing it out with a flourish. Ferrer eases off slightly, but he'll have to be focused on serve now.
- - FERRER 7-5 - SET! The fourth seed closes out the opening set in ruthless fashion, finding three big first serves and remaining solid from the back of the court as he leaves Gasquet with no chance of forcing a break back.
- - FERRER 6-5 - BREAK! Ferrer again stamps his authority on proceedings with a ruthless break of serve, and the fourth seed has the opportunity to close out the opening set now! It's the third time he has broken Gasquet, who continues to look flaky on serve.
- - FERRER 5-5 - Ferrer levels at 5-5 with a series of precise groundstrokes and quite incredible retrieving which really annoys Gasquet! The Spaniard holds, and can now attack the 13th seed's serve.
- - FERRER 4-5 - Gasquet holds to 30, and he moves in front at the business end of this opening set with Ferrer - who has led for most of the set - now having to keep his composure on serve.
- - FERRER 4-4 - BREAK! Gasquet breaks back in clinical fashion as he finds the line with a forehand and backs it up with a backhand passing shot which the crowd adore! The 13th seed is back on terms once more.
- - FERRER 4-3 - Gasquet continues to be very inconsistent on serve as he produces a quite brilliant hold to reduce the deficit, and Ferrer is not able to challenge at all.
- - FERRER 4-2 - Ferrer is able to consolidate his break of serve with a solid hold at the second time of asking, and the Spaniard produces an exquisite backhand passing shot to close it out.
- - FERRER 3-2 - BREAK! Gasquet produces a very fine volley at the net to begin his service game confidently, but Ferrer promptly takes his serve apart with a flurry of powerful groundstrokes, and one sublime drop shot!
- - FERRER 2-2 - Ferrer is very determined indeed as he holds to level at 2-2, and he has to produce two sparkling forehand winners in order to come through from 30-30.
- - FERRER 1-2 - Gasquet belatedly records a service hold in this opening set as he finds two big first serves and moves in court to pummel a forehand down the line as he moves in front. Can the Spaniard hold, too?
- - FERRER 1-1 - BREAK! It's a very strange start to the match as both players err badly on serve and are broken! Gasquet hits straight back with a series of inspired groundstrokes, and he's on terms.
- - FERRER 1-0 - BREAK! Ferrer, who possesses a formidable 7-1 record over Gasquet, gets off to a stunning start as he breaks in the very first game in ruthless fashion, slamming two brilliant forehand winners to take the early advantage!
- - Ferrer has a commanding 7-1 head-to-head record over Gasquet, winning their last four encounters - three of which were on hard courts. The players are out on Louis Armstrong now, just warming up.
- - The first match up on Louis Armstrong is not until 17:00 UK time (12:00 local time) as fourth seed David Ferrer of Spain takes on France's 13th seed Richard Gasquet in their quarter-final.
|Date of Birth||18/06/1986|
|Date of Birth||02/04/1982|