No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - ISNER 6-3 6-7 6-4 6-3 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Isner brings up three match points, the first of which Nieminen saves with a stunning return of serve! He smiles and the crowd cheers, but an ace on the next point from Isner takes the American into the third round! Men's draw
- - ISNER 6-3 6-7 6-4 5-3 - Nieminen hangs tough! Isner has a match point but amazingly he can't return a Nieminen second serve. And the Finn goes on to hold to prolong the match for at least another game.
- - ISNER 6-3 6-7 6-4 5-2 - Wow! Isner clocks 144mph on a serve! The fastest of the Open so far! Needless to say it's an ace! And what a time to pull that out of the bag at 30-30! Nieminen goes long on the next point and Isner is on the brink of the third round now!
- - ISNER 6-3 6-7 6-4 4-2 - Nieminen does well to save a break point and hang in there with a crucial hold. But Isner will serve now to move within a game of the match.
- - ISNER 6-3 6-7 6-4 4-1 - Isner is on fire at the moment! He booms down a serve of 137mph on his way to another held service game and a three-game lead in the fourth set.
- - ISNER 6-3 6-7 6-4 3-1 - BREAK! Isner runs around onto his forehand to hammer a winning return and bring up break point! And he takes it as Nieminen fails to return!
- - ISNER 6-3 6-7 6-4 2-1 - Isner lands a brilliant drop shot to go 30-0 up before he sends Nieminen well wide once again and then finishes off with a free shot into an open court. The Finn takes a seat on the sidelines - he looks knackered after all that running!
- - ISNER 6-3 6-7 6-4 1-1 - Brilliant play from Isner again as he manoeuvres his opponent around the court with ease. But he hits his next shot into the net and Nieminen is able to hold.
- - ISNER 6-3 6-7 6-4 1-0 - Isner has really turned up the heat on Nieminen over these last couple of games. Back-to-back aces from the big man bring up game point and as the clock hits exactly two hours, he plays a winner pretty much down the middle of the court with the Finn way out of position.
- ISNER 6-3 6-7 6-4 - SET! Isner clinches it with a massive serve that Nieminen never recovers from. He eventually dumps the ball into the tramlines and Isner roars.
- ISNER 6-3 6-7 - SET! Isner earns two set points in the tie break, but is denied the set when the umpire rules a net cord very late - much to the American's anger. Isner spurns his chance as Nieminen seals the set at his first opportunity. Isner is seething, Nieminen is celebrating.
- ISNER 6-3 6-6 - TIE BREAK! This second set has been rather tighter than the first and Isner holds serve to force a tie break.
- ISNER 6-3 - SET! Isner recovers from his mid-set wobble to regain the break and take the opening set. The crowd are liking that.
- ISNER 5-3 - BREAK! But wait a second, Isner breaks back! He is serving for the first set after Nieminen had done so well to fight back.
- ISNER 4-3 - BREAK! Isner lets his break slip away as Nieminen does exceedingly well to claw his way back into a set in which he was trailing 3-0. Nieminen has silenced the Louis Armstrong court, which is half the battle against the highest ranked American.
- ISNER 2-0 - BREAK! Isner has flown out of the blocks here. He breaks at the first time of asking in front of his own fans on a packed Louis Armstrong.
|Date of Birth||23/07/1981|
|Date of Birth||26/04/1985|