|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- Berdych extends his head-to-head record over Seppi to 4-2 and goes through to face the winner of the topsy-turvy tie between Nishikori and Querrey in the next round. Djokovic up next on Stadium Court.
- BERDYCH 6-3 6-3 - Seppi is serving to stay in the match but misses the chance for 40-15 with a poor unforced error. He takes the next for 40-30 but Berdych whips a dipping forehand into the service line that Seppi fails to get back over the net. Deuce. A huge forehand from Berdych brings up the first match point and he needs just the one as a backhand from Seppi flies long. A pretty emphatic win for the fourth seed.
- BERDYCH 6-3 5-3 - Oh dear. Seppi misses an easy backhand when clipping the top of the net from just inside the baseline and allows Berdych to take control from the off. He keeps the Italian at bay for 40-30 and takes the game with an ace down the middle.
- BERDYCH 6-3 4-3 - A double fault from Seppi, his first of the match, lets Berdych in at 30-15 but his response is a gorgeous backhand down the line that clips the corner. The game is sealed when Berdych pumps a backhand long.
- BERDYCH 6-3 4-2 - No problems for Berdych as he stretches his lead by holding, 40-15. His superior class and ability has shown through in this match so far. Seppi hasn't had much of a sniff in truth.
- BERDYCH 6-3 3-2 - The two exchange some lusty blows in a fiercely competitive game, but Seppi allows Berdych in at 40-30 with a poorly executed drop shot that is punished with a big smash later in the rally. Berdych fails to punish him though as Seppi closes out the game with minimal fuss.
- BERDYCH 6-3 3-1 - We stand at 30-30 before Seppi carves out a break point with a quite sumptuous forehand return that leaves Berdych with no chance on his backhand side. Berdych ensures deuce though and wraps up the game with his next two points, Seppi's desperate backhand soaring past the baseline.
- BERDYCH 6-3 2-1 - Lovely stuff from Berdych as he works Seppi all over the court with some fine strokes. Seppi, flustered, tries to find the line with a forehand but send his shot into the net.
- BERDYCH 6-3 1-1 -A whipped half-court forehand to the corner is beyond Seppi's reach as Berdych takes a 40-15 lead against the Italian. But Seppi's return of serve is a clever one and leaves Berdych off balance, flicking a forehand long. Seppi brings it to deuce with a couple of deep forehands forcing his opponent all over the court. Berdych takes the game when Seppi clips the net.
- BERDYCH 6-3 0-1 -Seppi wants a quick response and the world number 26 finishes off a superb rally with a glorious passing forehand for a 30-15 lead on serve. We find ourselves at deuce and Seppi then takes the opening game of the second set when putting his opponent on the back foot and forcing Berdych into a despairing backhand on the stretch that lands long.
- BERDYCH 6-3 - Berdych serves for the first set against a man he leads 3-2 in their head-to-head record. The first two points are easy enough and he opens up a 40-0 lead with a lovely backhand that catches Seppi moving the other way and squeezes in the corner. Seppi takes the next two points though, before Berdych finally takes his sixth set point.
- BERDYCH 5-3 - Dominant stuff from Berdych as he opens up a 0-40 lead with some powerful hitting. Seppi pulls a point back with an ace and his next serve is unreturnable. A big forehand wide to the deuce court extinguishes a third set point and the Italian rattles in another two points for an impressive recovery.
- BERDYCH 5-2 - Berdych serves his fourth ace to Seppi's second to pull it back to 15-30. A curious situation here - Seppi challenges a baseline call just as Berdych thumps his volley wide. The ball was in though so Seppi loses the point. He should have kept quiet. A big smash gives Berdych a 40-30 lead but Seppi clings on in a fine rally for deuce, though he quickly loses.
- The winner of this match, by the way, faces the winner of the match between Querrey and Nishikori in the third round.
- BERDYCH 4-2 - Seppi is a touch ragged at the moment and is finding the net far too frequently. But Berdych also puts an easy one long before carving out a break point at 30-40. The first serve finds the net and the second provokes a decent rally that concludes, again, with Seppi clipping the net.
- BERDYCH 3-2 - Easy as you like for Berdych as his superior power proves too much for Seppi. He is finding the lines with his forehand at the moment.
- BERDYCH 2-2 - No messing around from Seppi as he races into a 30-0 lead on serve. Berdych wrests a point back with a forehand that darts into the body, forcing Seppi to find the net. The Italian does likewise for 30-30. But Berdych loses momentum with an inside-out forehand that squirts wide and Seppi wraps up the game with a big ace out wide.
- BERDYCH 2-1 - A big forehand from the Czech down the line takes Seppi out of the game and opens up a 40-15 lead on serve. A booming serve and his opponent can only fling a desperate forehand into the net. Berdych sneaks in front.
- - BERDYCH 1-1 - We join the action at 1-1 in the first set, with Berdych to serve...
- - First up on Stadium is fourth seed Tomas Berdych of Czech Republic, who had a bye in the first round. He takes on Italy's Andreas Seppi in the second round.
|Date of Birth||21/02/1984|
|Date of Birth||17/09/1985|