|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - FEDERER 4-6 7-6 6-0 - GAME SET AND MATCH - Wawrinka barely plays a shot in the final game as Federer wins the game and the set to love. A cracking first two sets and a non-event of a third set. Federer will face Marin Cilic in the final set.
- - FEDERER 4-6 7-6 5-0 - BREAK! Well Wawrinka has simply given up here – he is broken to love and has just tanked this match. Pretty poor form from him – he had been playing so well.
- - FEDERER 4-6 7-6 4-0 - A shame that this match is going to end this way (you would imagine) but the body language from Wawrinka is not good. He did get to 30 but that was due to some loose shots from Federer.
- - FEDERER 4-6 7-6 3-0 - BREAK! Wawrinka's head has dropped a bit now and he misses a simple backhand volley. Federer drills a backhand passing shot down the line for another break point, before Wawrinka plants another poor backhand volley into the base of the net. Federer is storming it now!
- - FEDERER 4-6 7-6 2-0 - Federer is storming away with this now as he fires a big serve outwide to Wawrinka's backhand, and serenely moves to 40-0 with a backhand down the line. He misses a simple volley at the net as he gets too casual, but holds with a serve to the body.
- - FEDERER 4-6 7-6 1-0 - BREAK! Wawrinka is furious with himself as he plants a forehand into the net to slip to 0-30, and a very sloppy backhand into the net next point sees Federer force three break points without much difficulty. The Swiss needs just one opportunity as he drives a forehand winner down the line!
- - FEDERER 4-6 7-6 – SET!!! BUT FEDERER WINS THE NEXT POINT – as great players often do he has found a way to win a set where the other man was arguably the better player. Nobody is complaining though. This cracking match will go to a third set.
- - FEDERER 4-6 6-6 (6-4) – Three set points for Federer and it looks like he is going to win the first thanks to a net chord but Wawrinka does superb to race to the net and flash it across for a winner.
- - FEDERER 4-6 6-6 (4-3) – Magnificent forehand down the line from Federer gives him a mini-break.
- - FEDERER 4-6 6-6 (3-3) – Wawrinka takes a little bow after winning a rally with some stunning defensive work. We are level at the changeover.
- - FEDERER 4-6 6-6 – Fearless stuff from Wawrinka! He produced his first double fault of the match at what looked like a terrible time - at 30-30. However, then on the set point he hammered a risky shot down the line but it was spot on and saw him win the point. He then dug out the hold and we go to a tie-break.
- - FEDERER 4-6 6-5 – Federer holds to 30 but Wawrinka is buzzing around the court and proving to be a tough out each and every game. On 40-30 he was close to getting to a Federer shot into the corner but just could not get enough on the ball to guide it over the net.
- - FEDERER 4-6 5-5 – More polished play at the net sees Wawrinka hold to 30 to keep up this highly impressive performance.
- - FEDERER 4-6 5-4 – Federer continues to skate of thin ice. On 30-30 Wawrinka wins after a long rally as Federer misjudges a lob attempt. Federer saves the break point though and pushes through to claim the game.
- - CILIC 4-6 6-1 4-3 – It is Verdasco's turn to save a couple of break points on his way to a tough hold. The Spaniard stays alive but still needs a break.
- - FEDERER 4-6 4-4 – More gutsy play from Wawrinka as he manages to save another break point before holding but you just start to sense that Federer is getting closer.
- - FEDERER 4-6 4-3 – Federer digs himself out of another hole after two unforced errors in a row had seen him go 0-30 down. He wins the next four points with a gem of a backhand down the line clinching the game.
- - FEDERER 4-6 3-3 – Very composed game by Wawrinka as he fights back from 15-30 to hold to 30. He is serving well in this match and just looks calm and enthused out there.
- - Wawrinka's first set was the first time he has EVER taken a set against a world number one. He did once beat Federer in Monte Carlo but Federer was not world number one at the time.
- - FEDERER 4-6 3-2 – BREAK! Wawrinka breaks straight back – sloppy from Federer who miscued on a number of shots in that game. He was also ahead until it got to deuce and then went wide on two shots in a row – back on serve in this second set.
- - FEDERER 4-6 3-1 – BREAK! Huge roar from the Chinese fans as Federer gets his first break of the match to 15. Some lovely shots helped him race 0-40 in front. Wawrinka could save the first break point but that was all.
- - FEDERER 4-6 2-1 – Federer with a quick service hold to love. Still waiting for Federer to crack into gear on the long rallies but nothing wrong with his serve in that game.
- - FEDERER 4-6 1-1 – Wawrinka continues to play with confidence as he holds to 15. He is racing to the net quite a lot in this match and the tactic is working for him.
- - FEDERER 4-6 1-0 – Some good and bad stuff from Federer in the opening game of the second set as he holds to 30. There was another poor backhand that went long on 40-15 but then he played an excellent point to clinch the game – pushing Wawrinka into the corner with a forehand before wisely allowing the return drop long.
- - FEDERER 4-6 – SET WAWRINKA! He raced to a 40-0 lead but then Federer hit back to 40-30 with only his second winner of the set. Wawrinka though did not panic and took the game with his third ace of the match. Have we got an upset on the cards.
- - FEDERER 3-5 – Wonderful backhand down the line seals a break to 30 for Wawrinka and simply put he is playing the better tennis. Federer just not at the races – he has only one winner in the match compared to eight unforced errors.
- - FEDERER 3-4 – Wow what a twist – Wawrinka breaks and breaks TO LOVE….Federer frustrated at 0-40 tries to rush to the net but volleys into the net. Wawrinka has never won a set in 21 attempts against a player ranked number one in the world but he has a great chance now.
- - FEDERER 3-3 – Just what the doctor ordered from Wawrinka as he follows up Federer's hold to love with a similarly dominant hold himself.
- - FEDERER 2-2 – Federer puts the pressure right back on Wawrinka with a rapid fire hold to love
- - FEDERER 2-2 – Wawrinka does fantastically well to come from 15-40 down to win the game as Federer can't convert with the first real break chance of the match.
- - FEDERER 2-1 – Federer again holds to 30 – he gave Wawrinka a sniff at 30-30 but then produced two unreturnable serves to win the game. The first of those was a second serve though and his first serve percentage is poor so far (42%)
- FEDERER 1-1 – Wawrinka holds to 30 in his opening service game. He couldn't finish the job with a couple of volleys but he was getting his first serves in which will be key you feel.
- - FEDERER 1-0 – No major dramas for Federer as he holds to 30. He dropped the first point of the match but looked pretty solid after that.
- - FEDERER 0-0 - Federer serving in the opening game.
- - Federer is of course the top seed here while Wawrinka is seeded 13th and currently ranked 17th in the world.
- - The two players have met once this year in Cincinnati – Federer winning 7-6 6-3. Wawrinka's sole win against the world number one was on clay in Monte Carlo back in 2009.
- - Roger Federer and his Davis Cup partner Stanislas Wawrinka are warming-up now on the Stadium court. The floodlights are on and Federer will fancy his chances – he leads the head-to-head 11-1.
|Date of Birth||08/08/1981|
|Date of Birth||28/03/1985|