|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - GAME, SET AND MATCH MURRAY! Murray makes it through to the last four. He remains on course for a hat-trick of titles in Shanghai. Was far from easy, but he finally crawls over the line in three sets. A tougher match than expected against a very worthwile Stepanek, but the US Open winner is victorious. He will face Federer or Cilic in the last four. 41 unforced errors from Stepanek to 28 from Muzza.
- - BREAK MURRAY! 5-3 - And there is the break! Murray looking in pole position to ratify his position in the last four. A break to love and Murray will serve for a place in the semi-finals against Roger Federer or Marin Cilic. Surely Murray will finish off the business at hand as he serves for the match.
- - MURRAY 4-3 - Another accomplished Murray service game is like money in the bank at this stage of the match. No sooner has Stepanek recovered to level at 3-3 than he is behind 4-3. You suspect one big push here on the Stepanek serve will see Muzza into the last four of this tournament. Coming on strong at the right time.
- - 3-3 - Stepanek hardly slipping quietly into the night here as another game slips by with Stepanek doing enough to hold serve in levelling at 3-3. A quite absorbing match this one with the Czech player not yet counted out. A comfortable hold for Stepanek, but vital he gets points in on the first serve otherwise he tends to lose the point.
- - MURRAY 3-2 - Murray comes up with a love service game just when he needed it most. A 3-2 now lead for the US Open champion in this final. Has not been his easiest outing today, but has Murray broken the resistance of Stepanek, who has given this a real go today yet finds himself behind in the match at the wrong time.
- - BREAK MURRAY! Phew! Hard work, but Murray breaks back. Stepanek throwing himself into the ball with real gusto as he suddenly changes the mood of this match with the adventure of his movements. Murray looks a bit shocked by the goings on out there having held a 1-0 lead and a 40-0 advantage on the Stepanek serve. Chance for Murray at 30-30, but he somehow comes to the net only to miss his attempt at a backhand volley. Golden chance lost, but he takes out the next three points to level at 2-2.
- - BREAK STEPANEK 2-1! Stepanek sees a ball touch the back of the baseline to bring up a break point, but he misses with an attempt at a winner on the forehand side as the score makes its way to deuce. Stepanek seems to have life in his joints after that great escape in the previous game. Stepanek then comes up with a winner on the run before raising his racket in the air. He dumps a backhand into the net seconds later, but continues to trouble Murray by breaking for a 2-1 lead in the third game.
- - 1-1 - A Stepanek ace holds up the Murray charge from 0-40 adrift before plugging another hole in the leak to trail 30-40. Huge point on the horizon, but Murray is left fuming again after failing to take his chance as he knocks a forehand into the net to enable Stepanek room for recovery at deuce. A blistering forehand down the line leaves Muzza dumbfounded and swearing at the back of the court. Somehow Stepanek escapes holding serve when he seemed certain to trail 2-0.
- - MURRAY 1-0 - Murray off and running then here by winning this opening game of the third set. Has a solid advantage now in serving first. Is moving well, swatting some winners away and suddenly Murray is looking a bit like himself at the business end of this match. The way it should be from a Grand Slam champion.
- - SET MURRAY 6-2! Murray starting to read the Stepanek serve with more ease as the mood slowly begins to change. Stepanek throws down a decent probing serve out wide to trail 30-15, but a double fault hands the US Open champion two set points. Stepanek comes up with a winning smash to trail 30-40. Stepanek gets a spot of luck with a net chord in levelling at deuce, but Murray claims the next two points for a second break. Murray with the impetus as they head for the third set.
- - MURRAY 5-2 - Murray furious with himself as a double fault is helpful in handing Stepanek two break back points. Stepanek also sinks a tough overhead to add to Murray's disgruntled mood from the back of the court as he lets out an almighty shriek. Muzza knocks a backhanded winner down the line to stave off the threat of the break before converting an overhead at the net to move to advantage. Finally, Murray sees it out for a 5-2 advantage. He needs one more game now for the second set.
- - MURRAY 4-2 - BREAK MURRAY! The double fault from Stepanek, and Murray breaks for the first time in the match. The pressure was telling on Stepanek with Muzza winning a few rallies and just beginning to make his presence felt in these longer rallies. Murray trying to inject a bit of pace into his groundstrokes with Stepanek showing a few signs of faltering.
- - MURRAY 3-2 - Murray fighting the good fight against a mightily impressive Stepanek, who is proving to be a stubborn character with a riveting ability to retrieve the ball. This match has been running for one hour and six minutes. Murray yet to shows signs that he can reel Stepanek in. Murray's ace count up to three with one coming off the Stepanek racket.
- - MURRAY 2-2 - A brutal rally between the two men, the longest of the match, but Murray gets out of it by forcing the game to deuce as Stepanek knocks a forehand long from deep. Another long and languid rally finally ends when Murray mishits a backhand in knocking the ball into the net. Stepanek comes up with the goods again seconds later. And you can almost smell the frustration off Murray. 2-2 now. No breaks as yet for Murray.
- - MURRAY 2-1 - Murray's first serve drops to 46 percent which is infecting the rest of his game. Manages to somehow stagger out of that one with the hold, but Stepanek continues to feed off the uncertainty in Murray's game. The British player playing in fits and starts. A 2-1 lead for Murray in this second set is the main good news at the moment.
- - 1-1 - Murray continues to toil to lay a glove on this impressive Stepanek game. The Czech player is causing the Scot no end of problems with his ability to mix it up. Stepanek yet to face a break or any real heat on his own service game. Murray continues to battle the demons in his own head.
- - MURRAY 1-0 - Stepanek has been to a semi-final in Memphis this year, but is playing some of his very best tennis. Murray comes up with a timely hold at the outset of the second set to at get his head in front on serve in this set. Stepanek utterly dominant when he gets to the net. His studied approach continues to pose problems for the British number one.
- - SET STEPANEK! 6-4 - Murray cutting a forlorn figure as Stepanek booms his ninth winner beyond the Scot to bring up two break points. Murray drags himself back to 40-30 behind with a telling return that forces Stepanek to dump a forehand into the net, but a big first serve sees Stepanek over the line. He leads 1-0 with that 6-4 set. Stepanek with 10 winners compared to three by his opponent.
- - STEPANEK 5-4 - Murray conjures up a love game. His best effort on serve by far of what has been a mediocre showing by the US Open champion in this set. Poses the question of Stepanek, who must hold to see out the set. Murray with only 54 percent of first serves in which is poor compared to that opening semi-final between Tsonga and Djokovic.
- - STEPANEK 5-3 - Murray growing increasingly irritable the longer this match drags on. Murray being damaged by his own lack of timing. The Czech player is up to speed in this contest. A 5-3 lead in the first set. Stepanek on the cusp of great things. Or at least the first set.
- - STEPANEK 4-3 - Much, much better from Murray as he gets back to within one game of Stepanek. Murray with only 45 percent of first serves in which would explain why he is trailing and a break down in this set. Stepanek to serve for a 5-3 lead.
- - STEPANEK 4-2 - Murray continues to misfire on the forehand side. Timing is all out, and suddenly Muzza is looking down the barrel of falling one set behind as the underdog comes up with a love service game to move within two games of the opening set. Murray is going to have to raise his game a few gears here otherwise he will be in real trouble against the wily Czech performer.
- - BREAK STEPANEK! 3-2 Murray forced to confront three break points at 0-40 as Stepanek wins a game of cat-and-mouse. Murray saves two of them, but empties a forehand into the net going for a winner. First break of the match falls in favour of Stepanek, who cuts an animated figure after completing that break. The Czech player showing some fine variety out there.
- - 2-2 - Stepanek not a powerhouse, but he remains a very clever player at the age of 33. Draws Murray into the net before passing him with a floated forehand from deep to lead 30-15. Murray yet to unfurl his true potential as a forehand crashes into the net. Stepanek restores parity at 2-2. This match taking its time to get going.
- - MURRAY 2-1 - Murray never really under threat from Stepanek in that service game as he holds to 30 to lead by the odd game in three. The odds for this one all in favour of Muzza. The British number one coming in at 1/11 with Stepanek a massive 9/1 if you fancy a tickle on a huge shock.
- - 1-1 - Stepanek is nothing if not a tricky customer. Already moving well from side to side, and comes up with a love hold to level at 1-1. Both men quickly into their stride in this contest.
- - MURRAY 1-0 - Confident start by the new US Open champion as he gets his business underway for the day with a confident and purposeful hold. Muzza drops only one point on serve and already has his teeth into this match. Let us hope the new, improved Murray continues to impress today.
0-0 - Murray to serve in the opening game of the match.
09:04 - Tomas Berdych is the first man into the last four courtesy of a 6-3 7-6 (4) win over Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the opening quarter-final earlier this morning. Or afternoon if you are out in China.
09:01 - Good morning and welcome to contuing LIVE coverage of the Shanghai Masters quarter-finals. A match between Andy Murray and Radek Stepanek is coming your way.
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||27/11/1978|