|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-4 - DJOKOVIC IS THROUGH TO THE FINAL! It's a supreme performance from Djokovic, who is now 10-1 over Berdych as he completes a relatively straightforward straight sets victory, and the Serb punches the air as he celebrates making it through to the final at the Shanghai Masters! He will next take on either two-time defending champion Andy Murray, or world number one Roger Federer. Drawsheet
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 5-4 - Credit must go to Berdych, who at least forces Djokovic to serve out for the match after he produces a gutsy hold to 30. The Czech finds three big first serves, and he is relieved to hold - he can now pressure Djokovic, who is a game away from the final.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 5-3 - Djokovic will not be denied as he slams a forehand down the line and proceeds next point to drive a forehand cross court to leave Berdych with his hands on his hips in frustration! The Serb is just one game away from the final in Shanghai, and a 10-1 record over Berdych!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 4-3 - Berdych comes through another extremely testing service game as Djokovic forces it to deuce with a flurry of stunning groundstrokes, but the Czech holds on. He has a blazing row with umpire Steve Ulrich over a ball on the baseline, but he keeps his composure to reduce the deficit.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 4-2 - Djokovic throws away the balls as he rounds off another service hold with a big first serve outwide, and he continues to not allow Berdych even a glimmer of an opportunity to make inroads on his delivery. Berdych has to hold to keep the pressure on.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 3-2 - Berdych holds firm as he responds to being broken in his last service game, to holding in confident fashion. He comes through from 15-15 with a booming serve down the T and two crisp forehands to leave Djokovic stranded at the back of the court.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 3-1 - Djokovic moves into a 3-1 lead in this second set as he unleashes blow after blow from the back of the court, and he finds two big serves outwide to close out the hold, consolidating his break to take a commanding lead.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 2-1 - BREAK! Djokovic stamps his authority on the second set with a clinical break of serve, and he gives Berdych no chance at all of hanging on to his serve as he slams a forehand down the line and moves in court on three occasions to power forehands cross court.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 1-1 - Djokovic holds to 15 with consummate ease, and he is finding a very good rhythm on serve now as he finds three first deliveries to close it out. Berdych cannot apply real pressure, and the onus is now back on him to fend off his opponent on serve.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 0-1 - It's another tough service game for Berdych, who recovers from 15-30 with a forehand winner and two big serves to battle his way through to hold to 30. The Czech makes a solid start to the second set, and can now pressure Djokovic.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 - SET! The crowd are really getting into this contest now as Berdych responds to a flashing forehand winner from Djokovic with a powerful backhand down the line to force a break point at 30-40. Djokovic saves the break point with a big serve outwide, before coming through deuce and he shouts in delight as he closes out the opening set!
- - DJOKOVIC 5-3 - Berdych moves to 40-30 with a big serve outwide, but Djokovic will not let him hold without a real scrap, and he takes the game to deuce after finding a precise forehand cross court which clips the line. Berdych eventually comes through, and he clenches his fist as he fires a forehand down the line to hold!
- - DJOKOVIC 5-2 - BREAK! Berdych shows some resistance with a quite brilliant forehand down the line to peg Djokovic back on return, before driving a forehand cross court to break and hit back! It may just be delaying the inevitable in terms of this first set, but he's now just one break down.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-1 - BREAK! Djokovic breaks for a second time in this opening set as Berdych commits two more unforced errors as he looks to be more assertive, coming in behind his first serve. He ends up planting a volley into the net tamely, and going wide with a forehand. Djokovic is cruising, and can now serve out for this opening set.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-1 - It's all too easy for the second seed on serve at the moment as he moves into a 4-1 lead in this opening set, with barely any trouble. Berdych finds a crisp forehand return to challenge, but it's a fleeting resistance as Djokovic holds once more.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-1 - Berdych gets on the board belatedly with a tough hold from 30-30, and he produces two big first serves to close the game out efficiently. Can he now build on this and put Djokovic under pressure?
- - DJOKOVIC 3-0 - Djokovic has no problem consolidating his break of serve, and he produces a brilliant forehand winner to close out the game with a flourish. The Serb is flying early on in this match, and Berdych has to settle and quickly!
- - DJOKOVIC 2-0 - BREAK! Djokovic is utterly ruthless as Berdych falters on serve early on, and the Serb breaks from 30-40 with a powerful returning forcing the Czech to go wide with a tame backhand. Djokovic has the early ascendancy.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-0 - Berdych pegs his opponent back to 15-15 with a fierce forehand return, but Djokovic comes through to hold and get on the board immediately with three convincing first serves. Can Berdych also settle on serve straight away?
- - Okay, here we go - Djokovic will serve first, and the first of the Shanghai Masters is about to get under way.
- - The 27-year-old Berdych will be looking to reach his fourth ATP World Tour final of the year. Does anyone think he can beat Djokovic today, or will the Serb win through to the Shanghai showpiece on Sunday? Get in touch with me on Twitter!
- - Meanwhile, Berdych has had this to say: "I think it was really solid game and solid performance from beginning until the end. I think the biggest difference between me and Jo was I was able to take the small chances during the first and especially the second set. It was not many of them, but I was able to keep it and convert it on my side."
- - Djokovic said: "I've been winning a lot of matches [recently], so it's something that is always welcome when you want to have confidence, when you want to feel good about yourself on the court. Winning matches is the ultimate goal for every athlete. My return games were exceptional. So it's something that gave me a lot of confidence today."
- - Second seed Djokovic required 82 minutes to beat Tommy Haas 6-3, 6-3 in 82 minutes on Friday, and he boasts an ATP Tour-leading 68-11 match record for the season.
- - Djokovic will take a 9-1 head-to-head lead against Tomas Berdych in their semi-final today, and the world number seven will have to redress the balance of their record if he is to make the Shanghai showpiece.
|Date of Birth||17/09/1985|
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|