|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- FEDERER 6-3 3-3 - Fed's first serve percentage has dropped as low as 38 in this set which will be a matter of some concern no doubt. Lu tries desperately to stay in the game but the movement and power of Federer is just too much as he sends his opponent around the court en route to a 40-30 lead. Lu then fires a return long.
- FEDERER 6-3 2-3 - Lu opens up a 30-0 lead when Federer puts a return into the net. One of those points is lost when Federer's return out wide on the forehand side is too much for Lu. Federer betrays a hint of frustration when a backhand sneaks out for 40-30 and it continues when he is beaten again, for 3-2.
- FEDERER 6-3 2-2 - Much more like it from Federer, who is playing his comeback game following a period of enforced rest and, lest we forget, a death threat. He had far too much for Lu there, who was trailing in his wake.
- FEDERER 6-3 1-2 - An entertaining rally that enthuses the spectators sees Lu edge in front, and he doubles up with an ace for 30-0. Federer pulls one back but again Lu troubles the great man with a whipped forehand that is unreturnable and closes out the game. Impressive stuff.
- FEDERER 6-3 1-1 - Lu is trying to take the game to Fed, thumping it hard and deep, and surprisingly carves out a break point against the Federer serve. An ace swiftly closes off that avenue and Lu is then beaten back at the baseline as he fails to get a forehand hammer back. However, some nimble work around the court gives him the space to dispatch a forehand. Still it is not enough to derail Federer, who holds again.
- FEDERER 6-3 0-1 - Federer races to 30-0 on the Lu serve, though his opponent blasts a forehand through the centre of the court to pull one back. Fed then sends up a lob, only for the attempted smash to come off Lu's frame and soar even higher into the air. Both break points are wasted though and Lu takes advantage to win the opening game of the second set.
- FEDERER 6-3 - The first set goes to the world number one, even though Lu wins the first point to the delight of many inside Stadium Court. A sumptuous volley helps draw Fed level and though Lu fights bravely, the Swiss has too much class for him. When Lu strokes the ball into the net the first set slips away.
- FEDERER 5-3 - Federer clips the net as Lu opens a 30-0 lead as he serves to stay in the set. Federer is closed out as it becomes 40-0 but Lu clumps a forehand into the net with his next shot. He takes the game though and is making Federer work for it.
- FEDERER 5-2 - Accomplished stuff from Federer as he races through that service game to lead 5-2. Lu was swept away there and the first set is about to get away from him to. Mind you, what can he do in all reality?
- FEDERER 4-2 - The cameras pick out Nicolas Anelka, who is watching today. Lu edges to a 40-30 lead and advances for a volley, but gets his angles all wrong as the ball floats wide in the ad court. At deuce, Federer engages his opponent in a baseline rally and Lu is the first to break, handing a break point to Fed. Oh dear, a double fault to end it.
- FEDERER 3-2 - Cheers from the excitable crowd as Federer loses the first point on his serve with a shot that flies long. Full of beans, he comes into the next only to be beaten by a fine passing shot from Federer on the forehand. No real chances for either man on the other's serve and Federer holds to 15 to keep Lu at bay.
- FEDERER 2-2 - So can Lu hold Fed at bay again? He starts well enough with a booming serve. The next point comprises a long rally that ends when Lu places a forehand right in the corner that beats a despairing Federer. He rattles off the next two points to hold to love. Very impressive indeed.
- FEDERER 2-1 - Federer pulls out a big second serve which Lu fails to return, making it 30-0. The next is also unreturnable as the greatest player in history looks to stamp his authority. A firm volley at the net sees Federer hold in double quick time.
- FEDERER 1-1 - What a lovely shot! Lu produces a stunning sliced backhand down the line to beat Federer on the pass. Tremendous, and then an error from Federer brings up 40-15. Lu, cheered on by the crowd, sticks one in the corner for a game apiece.
- FEDERER 1-0 - Lu snatches a point but otherwise it is plain sailing for the world number one, who takes the first game when Lu drives one down the line and wide.
- FEDERER 0-0 - This is the second time Fed has met the 29-year-old Lu. He has 76 career titles to Lu's zero. He has won approximately 35 times more prize money than his opponent from Chinese Taipei. This is a mismatch of gigantic proportions.
- Excitement builds around Stadium Court as Roger Federer comes out to play. Remember, he was recently the victim of a death threat, but has chosen to play here regardless.
- Roger Federer, world number one of course, takes on Lu Yen-Hsun on Stadium, despite being the victim of a death threat in the build-up to this tournament. That match will be starting shortly after 1pm UK time.
|Date of Birth||08/08/1981|
|Date of Birth||14/08/1983|