|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- So Djokovic goes through to face Lopez in the third round. He is joined there by Andy Murray who today has had a walkover after Florian Meyer withdrew with a rib injury. That means the next match on this court will now be Gasquet, number 11 seed, against Stepanek. That will not happen before 11am UK time though.
- DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-2 - Serving to wrap up the match and go through to face Feliciano Lopez in the third round, Djokovic is pegged back to 30-15 before Dimitrov plants a forehand into the net for another unforced error. Two match points and Djokovic takes it with an ace. Fantastic. It's been a fine all-round performance from the world number two who dominated throughout.
- DJOKOVIC 6-3 5-2 - Ominous from Djokovic as he opens up a 30-0 lead on the Bulgarian's serve but a big forehand-volley combination from Dimitrov gets him back in the contest. A wild forehand follows though - just the latest in a string of unforced errors of that nature - and Djokovic responds with a loose shot of his own for 30-40, before finding the net for deuce. He takes the game too easily in the end though and will now serve for the match.
- DJOKOVIC 6-3 4-2 - One of the best rallies of the match witnesses some power hitting and a gorgeous sliced backhand from Dimitrov, but he doesn't have the consistency to match Djokovic and pings one long for 30-0. Novak sees the game out with ease.
- DJOKOVIC 6-3 3-2 - Few problems for Dimitrov as he coasts into a 40-0 lead on serve, but a double fault gives Djokovic some respite in the game. Djokovic appears to stumble at the start of the next rally but recovers before Dimitrov watches his shot drop long. Good stuff from the Bulgarian.
- DJOKOVIC 6-3 3-1 - A sliced backhand crashes into the net and gives Dimitrov a chance at 0-15 on the Djokovic serve. Hope is quickly extinguished though as Djokovic overpowers his young opponent, finishing him off when a return soars long.
- DJOKOVIC 6-3 2-1 - Djokovic cedes the opening two points to the Bulgarian and then misjudges a drop shot which brings Dimitrov to net for a punishing forehand. A high kick serve catches Djokovic out and his return is long to see Dimitrov register his first game of the second set.
- DJOKOVIC 6-3 2-0 - Dimitrov has to target the lines but all too often he is firing his shots out - understandable given the pressure placed on him by his opponent. An ace brings up 40-0 for Djokovic and a textbook forehand takes the game after a weak return.
- DJOKOVIC 6-3 1-0 - Dimitrov with a cheeky little drop shot and he can get to the angled shot from Djokovic but clips the net. That gives Djokovic a 30-0 lead on the Bulgarian's serve which quickly grows to 40-0. He takes the opening game with a quite brilliant backhand return, Dimitrov left to stand and watch.
- DJOKOVIC 6-3 - The favourite just too good as his power puts Dimitrov on the back foot. It's a 30-0 lead and Novak then smacks a stunning forehand down the line for three set points. He needs only one, another backhand from Dimitrov soaring long. A very comfortable first set for the Serb - just 25 minutes.
- DJOKOVIC 5-3 - Serving to stay in the set, the young Bulgarian opens up a 4-15 lead when Djokovic uncharacteristically sprays a forehand wide. Dimitrov then sends a single-handed backhand high into the air off the frame of his racket but takes the next point to make Djokovic serve it out.
- DJOKOVIC 5-2 - The Serb is just too accomplished on his own serve. Dimitrov has to go for the lines, resulting in some wild shots, and Djokovic takes the game with a lovely serve.
- DJOKOVIC 4-2 - A bit more ragged from the world number two as he goes long on a couple of occasions. Dimitrov then punishes a weak return with a thumping crosscourt forehand, and wraps up the game when Djokovic finds the net.
- DJOKOVIC 4-1 - A complete whitewash averted, Dimitrov's next challenge is to make inroads on the Djokovic serve though when the Serb comes to the net to fling a forehand in the corner on the ad court it looks a tough task. Djokovic forces Dimitrov back with a firm backhand and the youngster's return is long.
- DJOKOVIC 3-1 - Djokovic is even getting the luck of the net now as a backhand clips the top and drops in play. Dimitrov puts his forehand long and then produces a wild backhand on the net point to go 30-0 down. That's more like it, a fierce backhand putting Djokovic off balance, and he does superbly to hold serve and get a game on the board.
- DJOKOVIC 3-0 - Dimitrov, 21, is doing his level best just to cling on at the moment as Djokovic is threatening to overwhelm him. He fires a forehand into the net to lose to love, Djokovic easing into a big lead.
- DJOKOVIC 2-0 - The movement, power and finesses that we have come to expect from Djokovic is apparent early on in this match and he saunters into a 30-0 lead on the Dimitrov serve. The Bulgarian pulls out an ace to draw level, but Djokovic forces him into an error and converts his first break point with a scorching forehand into the corner.
- DJOKOVIC 1-0 - Easy as you like from Djokovic as he holds to 15 to take the third game, a strong forehand proving too much for his Bulgarian opponent.
- DJOKOVIC 0-0 - It's the Serb to serve first against Dimitrov...
- The winner of this game goes through to face Feliciano Lopez in the third round. Unless something incredible happens, that will of course be Djokovic.
- Both Grigor Dimitrov, ranked 56th in the world, and Novak Djokovic, ranked second, come out on to court to contest their second-round tie. Djokovic won the China Open last week and is of course heavy favourite, though this is their first meeting.
|Date of Birth||16/05/1991|
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|