|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-7(4) 2-6 - GAME SET AND MATCH! Murray has another break point now but he nets a backhand winner for deuce. So frustrating today. And now match point as Murray is drawn to net and beaten by a volley after a mis-hit of his own... But saved with a spectacular Murray winner, firing a magical forehand across court on the dive. Crikey. Another match point now but Murray challenges his long return... Nope. Match point still, taken as Jano passes it beyond Murray and he collapses in joy. Paris drawsheet
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-7(4) 2-5 - Janowicz is serving for the match, two breaks up. Unbelievable given where this match was an hour ago. Strong first serve, Murray netting the return; Murray claws one back after a cagey rally, Jano netting this time. And Jano nets again, surely he won't fall apart now? And now he goes long after Murray returns a second serve with interest! Two break-back points! ACE. First saved as is the second as Murray's return allows a pass. Deuce.
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-7(4) 2-5 - A casual forehand winner gets Murray underway but Jano levels after coming aggressively to net. Murray edges ahead after a risky rush to the net is met by Jano going long, and he holds with an ace and another. He must break now.
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-7(4) 1-5 - Can Murray break back? No chance, Jano chucks in some more aces and holds to love. Murray serving to stay in Paris.
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-7(4) 1-4 - BREAK! Oh dear! Murray falls two more break points down after Jano somehow stays alive as he sent a topspin heavy backhand down the line, which Murray should bury but he overhits it long! Then a lazy turning backhand from Murray hits the net, and it's another break!
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-7(4) 1-3 - Murray sends a forehand drive wide to drop the first point before Jano unleashes some blistering serves as he holds to love with successive aces.
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-7(4) 1-2 - BREAK! Murray has game point now but a lovely drop-shot sliced across the net leaves him just short. Jano playing out of his skin now and he breaks again with a fantastic return! Murray is all over the place.
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-7(4) 1-1 - Brutal return from Jano and Murray follows that with a weak shot to net for 0-30! A fine approach shot to net brings him back one but an ambitious winner from Jano passes Murray after the Scot should have won the point! Two break points, first saved as Jano returns long; the second is eaten up with an approach backhand cross. Phew. Deuce.
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-7(4) 1-1 - A fine Jano winner down the line brings up the two-hour mark and 30-15 for the Pole. Murray then sends a wild forehand long and Jano also holds, an ace doing the job for him.
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-7(4) 1-0 - Murray is more composed as he eases in a comfortable hold to start the decider.
- - Deary me - Murray was serving for the match and has been taken to a third. What are your thoughts on that? Blip for the world no.3, excellent from Jano or combination of the two? Let me know on Twitter @Reda_Eurosport. FOLLOW ON TWITTER!
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-7(4) - But Jano has the mini-break again and a set point as Murray, forced very wide, pings a forehand just wide! Horrible serve to start, and he nets after a fine drop return and it's a set to Janowicz!
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-6 (5-4) - A mini-break for Janowicz now as he wins a few points on the trot. But a selection of drop shots, a lob and a double-handed backhand sees a brilliant attempt by Jano fail thanks to Murray's class. Can he erase the mini-break? No, he returns long. Jano two serves from the set... Murray spanks a backhand winner across court and the mini-break has gone.
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-6 (2-2) - Janowich holds and returns for the first two tie-break points, but a net and a double-fault bring the Scot back level.
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-6 - Murray should have a love hold but a rotten error at the net, as he met the drop shot but underhit his flick woefully, means he holds to 15 after smashing a telegraphed Jano lob. Tie-break!
- - MURRAY 7-5 5-6 - Murray with a fine return to take an early lead, but a fist-pump from Jano as he levels. They trade blows, Murray keen to atone for his errors while serving for the match, and a fine serve gives Jano game point... Murray returns long.
- - MURRAY 7-5 5-5 - BREAK! The umpire has to calm the typically Parisian crowd as they jeer and whistle, and Murray nets weakly for break point. Deary me. Then he goes long off a rally he was controlling, and it's a break. Murray shows his old side there.
- - MURRAY 7-5 5-4 - Murray serves for the set and starts ominoulsy, racing 30-0 up, but Janowicz wins a super point at the net with a fine passed volley. And a poor mistake from Murray sees him net what should have been a winner for 30-30. Muzzah turns it back on with a better forehand for match point, which he loses by pumping a forehand long. Deuce.
- - MURRAY 7-5 5-4 - Janowicz makes Murray serve for the match as he regains his composure to hold to 15 off a second-serve that forces a volleying competition that sees Murray tire first and flick a lob long.
- - MURRAY 7-5 5-3 - Murray is in charge now, bossing his next service game after an early error and taking it to 15 with a volley into spac.
- - MURRAY 7-5 4-3 - BREAK! A bit of controversy as Janowicz's first serve is called out as Murray returns short - Janowicz says it was in, and it was. Replay the point says the umpire, to the Pole's chagrin. ACE. There you go. But deuce as a cagey Murray makes him move from deep, Jano ulitmately netting. Another error on the backhand sees Jano net, break point, and Murray takes it with a savage return down the line that would have been an ace to most.
- - MURRAY 7-5 3-3 - 90s style serve and volley after another cracking wide serve. He looks at least as good as Isner and Cilic. No reason why this kid can't become a top-20 player at least. 30-30 now as Murray makes Janowicz work before hitting long, and break point after a fluffed drop-shot by the Pole with Murray all over the place after another wide serve! Deuce now as Murray returns long.
- - MURRAY 7-5 3-3 - Murray was almost in trouble after a weak second serve but Janowicz returns long for 15-15. But a fantastic winner after some lazy Murray backhands sees the Pole ahead again, only for him to miss a clean winner into net after Murray underhit a drop shot. Then Janowicz puts one long, and Murray holds in the end.
- - MURRAY 7-5 2-3 - Murray edges ahead against serve after a superb rally that he shades with a fierce flying cross-courter that probably on he could have pulled off. But it's 30-30 as a fine serve from Janowicz allows him to dictate the point as Murray nets. Via a double fault at game point, Janowicz blasts in an ace to move back to advantage... but a double takes him back to deuce. Then Murray returns long, and he holds as the next return hits the net.
- - MURRAY 7-5 2-2 - Murray almost responds with a love hold but Janowicz has some lovely deft touches to accompany his service game and floats a backhand slice across the net to pull one back. And Murray's first double fault puts it at 40-30... Hold, with Janowicz unable to return effectively.
- - MURRAY 7-5 1-2 - Janowicz moves 30-15 after a failed challenge from Murray, and now 40-15 with a sarky drop shot that shows he has the hands as well as the shoulders. And an error from Murray, backhanding into the net from a winning position, sees the Pole hold.
- - MURRAY 7-5 1-1 - Lovely rally from both men, dictated by an almost noncholant Murray with some beautifully deft ground-strokes and volleys to go 40-0, holding to love as Janowicz fails to return his next serve.
- - MURRAY 7-5 0-1 - The second set is underway now with Janowicz starting on serve. And he chucks in some monstrous deliveries to race 40-0, easy hold for the Pole.
- - There's a doubles match on Court One at the moment, after that we'll get some more singles action. It's the Bryan Bros against Britain's Hanley and Marray, with serve at 4-5 in the first.
- - MURRAY 7-5 - SET! Well Murray saves break point after a poor first serve, Janowicz playing a deft drop-shot return but Murray showing his incredible speed to meet it and flash a stunning winner across court. Now set point as Janowicz nets, but saved in style as his drop-shot allows Janowicz to race to the net and flick it beyond Murray. Deuce again but set point as an error from the Pole nets, and he goes long on the next point to gift Murray the set.
- - MURRAY 6-5 - Murray serving for the first set and he starts with a nice crosscourt forehand that Janowicz can only ping into the net. A casual forehand follows a poor return, and Murray should have three set points after stretching his opponent brilliantly - but he overhits a drop-shot winner. 30-15. And it's level as the Pole picks out a fine forehand cross after a nice flat return. And a break-back point as Murray nets a forehand on the run after a super drop shot by the Pole!
- - MURRAY 6-5 - BREAK! Murray deceives Janowicz with a lovely slice across the net after the Pole thought his drop shot had done enough. Great movement from Murray. 15-30. And now Janowicz drags one wide and it's two break points for Murray, the first of the match! The first is saved as the Pole's serve puts in a nice forehand off a good Murray return, leaving the Scot prone for the volley. And a rotten double fault hands Murray a vital break.
- - MURRAY 5-5 - Murray responds well to the pressure as he wins three points in a row, using his accurate serves to good effect. And he holds as a pinpoint second serve is returned to net by Janowicz.
- - MURRAY 4-5 Some technical problems alas but we're back with Murray at 4-5 in the first set, but the Pole has fizzed 30-0 up and is in a great spot now. No break points yet in this match.
13:00 - The pre-match odds are pretty one-sided - Murray 1/14 to win on William Hill. A bit too short if you ask me, it's only two sets!
12:40 - This match is pencilled in to start at 1.30pm, annoyingly, so we have a lunch-sized break until then. That's due to Nishikori's injury. In the meantime, please fling your Murray-related comments, predictions and chat to me at @Reda_Eurosport on Twitter. FOLLOW ON TWITTER!
12:35 - HEAD-TO-HEAD: These two have only met once before, in Poland's 2009 Davis Cup win over Britain. Murray won that in straight sets. Janowicz is a different prospect now - he was only 18 then!
12:30 - Andy Murray faces unheralded young Pole Jerzy Janowicz, who has risen up the rankings recently and could well move into the top 50 if he gets past the first round in Australia. He's 64th now, and shocked Marin Cilic in the second round, and Philipp Kohlschreiber in the first. He's a 6'8" big-serving giant, and has a great future in the game.
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||13/11/1990|