|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - GAME, SET AND MATCH FERRER 7-5 - Tsonga can't convert a volley at the net. Bad miss and suddenly Ferrer has three match points. Two big serves help Tsonga save the first two of them, but he wallops a forehand miles wide attempting to save the third one. Ferrer into the last four with a dominant display. Superb stuff from Ferrer it must be said. He will face Llodra or Querrey in the semis.
- - FERRER 6-5 - Another game drifts by with Tsonga just hanging onto the coattails of Ferrer. Ferrer yet to face a break point in the opening two sets. A packed crowd watching this contest, but Ferrer refuses to be cowed. Tsonga serves for a second time to stay alive.
- - 5-5 - A huge hold from Tsonga as he comes up with two huge efforts at 30-30 to deny Ferrer the chance of winning the match. An agile overhead smash is followed up by a winning volley at the net. Truly immense stuff from the Frenchman when the chips were down.
- - FERRER 5-4 - Tsonga manages to nip 30-15 ahead, but Ferrer is not nicknamed The Wall for nothing as he claims the next two points. Tsonga continues to toil on the return of serve as the ball flies long forcing Tsonga to serve to stay alive in the match.
- - 4-4 - Tsonga rips through that service game with four straight points. A fine service game as the set reaches the business end. This packed crowd would dearly lovey a Tsonga break now. Will Ferrer's resolve collapse?
- - FERRER 4-3 - Ferrer comes through again from 30-30 with Tsonga mistiming the ball from deep just when he needed a couple of his best shots. Tsonga right up against it as another Ferrer service game drifts by without any break points.
- - 3-3 - Tsonga up to four aces now. Comes to the net to bludgeon the ball down the line. Drops only one point in that service game. Vital that he holds serve, but it is equally imperative that the French player finds the formula to deconstruct this Ferrer serve that has been rock solid so far.
- - FERRER 3-2 - Ferrer going through these service games like a dose of salts. Unflustered and in control, the Spaniard has yet to face a break point. Ferrer doesn't really do panic attacks. The French crowd actually seem to be helping the world number four.
- - 2-2 - Fine hold by Tsonga to level at 2-2 in the second set. Once again the crowd come to the support of their favourite who bludgeons his way of out a tight spot. Tsonga certainly seems the more powerful figure, but power means little to the smart Ferrer. Tsonga now saved four out of six break points.
- - FERRER 2-1 - A lovely forehand across cross always seems to work for Ferrer all day long, who is now leading 2-1 in this second set. Tsonga yet to break the Ferrer serve or get anywhere near breaking. Must be demoralising. Vital that Tsonga doesn't drop serve here.
- - 1-1 - Crowd attempting to rouse their home hope and Tsonga responds by holding to love. Exceptional stuff from Tsonga there, and perhaps this is the start of the recovery as he revels in a couple of clubbing forehands. Tsonga now up to three aces in the match.
- - FERRER 1-0 - Ferrer continues to exude class in dropping only one point on serve in that game. Ferrer claiming over 70 percent of points on first and second serve. Very consistent stuff from the tournament favourite.
- - SET FERRER 6-2 - Ferrer collects the first set as Tsonga crumbles with another poor service game. Really misfiring here in the key moments and drops his serve to love. A 6-2 set for Ferrer with two breaks. Big ask now for Tsonga against a clearly superior figure on the other side of the net.
- - FERRER 5-2 - Ferrer cements the break with another assured exhibition of serving. Most of these first serves hitting the mark. Tsonga yet to lay a glove on the Ferrer serve. Must hold here otherwise the first set will fall in favour of the world number four.
- - BREAK FERRER 4-2 - Brilliant play by Ferrer to bring up three break points. Tsonga saves one of them, but is powerless to prevent the third break points as the ball flashes across court. Ferrer lands a racket on it, but can't get the ball back over the net. A 4-2 lead for the little Spanish player.
- - FERRER 3-2 - Games remain on serve. Ferrer yet to face a break point. Looking very assured, and also looks like he may have the measure of the Tsonga game on his home patch. The Spaniard ahead by the odd game in five.
- - 2-2 - Glorious chance for Ferrer to break for the first time in this match, but he ends up clipping the net a few times before sinking the ball into the rigging when it looked easier to convert with Tsonga stranded. Tsonga responds with an ace down the middle from deuce before a big forehand buries Ferrer hopes of a break.
- - FERRER 2-1 - Tsonga produces an immanse drop shot from the middle of his court on his way to forging a 30-15 lead. Ferrer squares matters at 30-30 before the score reaches duece seconds later. A demanding service game, but Ferrer escapes to lead 2-1 after Tsonga pulls a return wide. Early chances for Tsonga, but can't make the break he craves.
- - 1-1 - A stunning riposte from Tsonga as he dusts down that service game to come up with a hold to love. Brilliant start by the home hope in front of an animated crowd. Interesting battle of styles between the strong serve of Tsonga and the rapid return of Ferrer.
- - FERRER 1-0 - A huge roar goes up from the packed house when Tsonga wins his first point to trail 30-15. But a well-placed forehand is dumped into the net on the forehand side by the Frenchman. A solid first serve by Ferrer is knocked long by Tsonga and that is a decent hold by the Spanish player. He leads 1-0.
- - Ferrer to serve in the opening game of the match.
18:30 - Players out warming up here. 1-1 in the h2h. Ferrer won 6-4 6-1 on clay in Rome in 2010 while Tsonga collected his win in Wimbledon last year coming through 6-3 6-4 7-6 (1).
18:24 - Tsonga and Ferrer due to begin their quarter-final at 6.30pm. We will be right there with every game for you from the French capital.
|Date of Birth||17/04/1985|
|Date of Birth||02/04/1982|