|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - GASQUET 6-7 6-4 6-1 - ANDERSON IS THROUGH, GASQUET OUT! The South Africa closes out a very fine performance as he takes the final set 6-1, and Gasquet is hugely frustrated as he trudges off the court. Anderson was superb for all Gasquet's inconsistency. He will next take on Tomas Berdych in the last 16. Drawsheet
- - GASQUET 6-7 6-4 1-5 - Gasquet eventually gets on the board in this third set, but it's surely too little too late for the Frenchman now as Anderson has the opportunity to serve out for the match and a place in the last 16.
- - GASQUET 6-7 6-4 0-5 - What a performance this has been from Anderson in the final set, and he moves to within a game of the last 16 as Gasquet begins to really show his frustration. He is struggling badly.
- - GASQUET 6-7 6-4 0-4 - BREAK! Gasquet's game is really falling apart now as Anderson moves 4-0 up and continues his incredible run of form in this match, and the South African opens up a commanding lead.
- - GASQUET 6-7 6-4 0-3 - Anderson consolidates his break of serve as Gasquet continues his sorry slump, and the Frenchman is really struggling now as the Paris crowd begin to make their frustrations clear.
- - GASQUET 6-7 6-4 0-2 – Anderson backs up his break with a service hold to love. The South African wrapped up the game with his 13th ace of the match.
- - GASQUET 6-7 6-4 0-2 – BREAK! Well then yet another twist in this match as Anderson gets an early break to 15 to take back control. Gasquet’s body language not the best after losing his service game.
- - GASQUET 6-7 6-4 - SET! Gasquet serves out for the second set very comfortably, and he closes it out to 15 with Anderson unable to provide a stern resistance. This match is level now after one hour and 53 minutes.
- - GASQUET 6-7 5-4 - BREAK! Gasquet suddenly has a chance to serve out for the second set as he breaks serve ruthlessly with a flurry of belligerent groundstrokes, and Anderson cannot save the third break point as the Frenchman breaks!
- - GASQUET 6-7 4-4 - Gasquet levels once more with a string of crisp blows from the back of the court, and the Frenchman is beginning to really hit form now in this second set.
- - GASQUET 6-7 3-4 - Anderson moves in front once more with a fierce forehand down the line, and he backs it up with a big serve outwide to close out the game. The South African is refusing to give an inch.
- - GASQUET 6-7 3-3 - Gasquet produces a quite glorious backhand cross court to beat Anderson's defences as he closes out another game in clinical fashion to level once more.
- - GASQUET 6-7 2-3 - Anderson once again shows unerring consistency as he holds serve to move back in front at 3-2, and he finds three first serves to leave Gasquet stretching at the back of the court.
- - GASQUET 6-7 2-2 - Gasquet bludgeons a forehand down the line, then unfurls one of his classic wristy cross-courters as Anderson is left flat footed at the back of the court! He holds to level once more.
- - GASQUET 6-7 1-2 - Anderson is the model of consistency as he continues to frustrate Gasquet with his percentage play and unwavering accuracy on serve. He moves in front with a hold to 15.
- - GASQUET 6-7 1-1 - Gasquet gets off and running in the second set with a solid hold, and he fires a forehand down the line from mid court to close it out after a big serve outwide.
- - GASQUET 6-7 0-1 - Anderson leads from the front in the second set as he comes through a tough service game to hold after deuce and get himself on the board at the first opportunity. Gasquet will now be tested on serve, a set down.
- - GASQUET 6-7 - SET! Anderson takes the opening set 7-5 on the tie-break as he stuns Gasquet and the home crowd with a hugely impressive display in the breaker. Having looked on top for much of the set, Gasquet is now behind.
- - GASQUET 6-6 - Anderson hammers a forehand down the line as he takes control of another rally, and he closes out the game with ease to level up the set again and take it into a tie-break.
- - GASQUET 6-5 - Suddenly it is Anderson who is the aggressor, taking the game to Gasquet and challenging on his opponent's serve. Gasquet has to hold after an extended deuce with an exquisite forehand cross court to seal the game.
- - GASQUET 5-5 - Anderson comes through another tricky hold with a huge forehand down the line, and he is very fired up as he punches his chest. He levels at 5-5, and this opening set is very finely poised.
- - GASQUET 5-4 - It's incredibly easy for Gasquet on serve as he again holds to 15, and Anderson is only managing to hook returns back in court, with the Frenchman moving in to crash winners.
- - GASQUET 4-4 - Anderson is gaining in confidence on serve, and his first-serve percentage is improving as he settles into a rhythm. He finds three more first deliveries to peg Gasquet back, and he holds to 15.
- - GASQUET 4-3 - Gasquet is extremely efficient on his own serve, and he drills a forehand down the line, before unfurling a gorgeous backhand winner cross court to leave Anderson helpless.
- - GASQUET 3-3 - Anderson manages to hold with slightly more ease this time, and he comes through to 30 as Gasquet flashes two fierce backhands agonisingly wide!
- - GASQUET 3-2 - Gasquet is looking very solid on his serve, and he finds another three big first deliveries to hold and move back in front once more at 3-2 up in the opening set. Anderson is not managing to make much impact.
- - GASQUET 2-2 - It's another very tough hold for Anderson, who has to come through from deuce to hold under enormous pressure from Gasquet, who finds a stunning forehand winner which proves to be insufficient.
- - GASQUET 2-1 - Gasquet moves back in front in this opening set, and the Frenchman continues his assured start to the match with another solid hold. Can he put Anderson under further pressure now?
- - GASQUET 1-1 - Anderson eventually manages to come through a very tough game to hold after deuce, and he clenches his fist in relief as he gets on the board.
- - GASQUET 1-0 - Gasquet gets off to a very secure start as he holds to 15, and Anderson can only really connect with one return properly as he fails to make an impact in the game. Can he now settle?
- - Gasquet holds a 3-0 head-to-head record over Anderson - both players are aged 26, but there are 27 places between them in the world rankings.
- - The next match up on Court Central sees home favourite Richard Gasquet, the 12th seed, take on Kevin Anderson of South Africa.
|Date of Birth||18/06/1986|
|Date of Birth||18/05/1986|