|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - DJOKOVIC 6-0 6-7 4-6 - QUERREY BEATS DJOKOVIC! Querrey swiftly moves to 30-0 and then 40-15 with a string of huge serves, but he goes long with a forehand down the line. A big serve down the T gives him the match next point, however, and he has secured a famous victory! The American is jubilant, and that's a quite astonishing win. Querrey will next take on either Milos Raonic or Jeremy Chardy in the last 16. Drawsheet
- - DJOKOVIC 6-0 6-7 4-5 - Djokovic holds very comfortably as he races through the game with ease, and Querrey has all his focus and attention on holding serve next game. Can he now do it? Can he now hold serve to dump Djokovic out of the Paris Masters?
- - DJOKOVIC 6-0 6-7 3-5 - Djokovic produces an exquisite lob to set up two break points from 4-3 down, but Querrey immediately produces a brace of aces! He saves a third with another big serve, and then manages to come through and hold to move to within a game of victory!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-0 6-7 3-4 - Djokovic is looking more comfortable now as he drives a forehand down the line to move into a commanding position in the game, and he closes it out to reduce the deficit and pile the pressure back on Querrey.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-0 6-7 2-4 - Djokovic is desperate to redress the balance of the match, but he cannot break back despite taking the game to deuce as Querrey hangs on with crucial first serves to hold and consolidate his advantage.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-0 6-7 2-3 - BREAK! Would you believe it? Querrey is now very much ahead in this match as he breaks to lead 3-2, and Djokovic is shell-shocked as he goes long with a tame forehand to gift the advantage to his opponent.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-0 6-7 2-2 - Querrey is given a tough ride as Djokovic takes the game to deuce, but the American comes through eventually with a big serve outwide and a half-volley down the line after another fine first delivery.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-0 6-7 2-1 - Djokovic moves ahead once more in the third set as he slams a forehand down the line to close out another service game, and it's very tight like the second set at the moment.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-0 6-7 1-1 - Querrey gets on the board in the second set after slipping 15-30 behind as he comes up with three sparkling groundstrokes, and the American levels.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-0 6-7 1-0 - Djokovic opens his account in the third set with a comfortable hold, and the Serb looks very focused and determined now as he keeps Querrey pegged firmly back behind the baseline.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-0 6-7 - SET! Djokovic misses a regulation forehand mid-court at 5-5, and Querrey makes him pay as he closes out the tie-break in clinical fashion to level up this match! The crowd can't quite believe it after the opening set, but we have a decider.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-0 6-6 (4-4) - It's a very tight tie-break, in keeping with the second set, as Djokovic is pegged back again and again by Querrey, who is now playing with real confidence.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-0 6-6 - It's a very tough service hold for Djokovic, who is pushed to deuce by Querrey and has to really excel under pressure as he eventually comes through to hold and take the first set into a tie-break.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-0 5-6 - Querrey continues this remarkable improvement in his game from a rather hapless showing in the opening set, and he holds once more to lead 6-5 in the second. Djokovic will again need to hold.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-0 5-5 - There is a brief scare for Djokovic as Querrey moves to 15-30 with a fierce forehand down the line, but the number two seed comes through to hold with a brilliant backhand winner to close it out.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-0 4-5 - This is a significant resurgence from Querrey, who is suddenly very competitive with a solid hold to 15. The American is managing to challenge, with Djokovic now needing to hold.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-0 4-4 - Djokovic has no problems holding serve and levelling at 4-4 in the second set, and he keeps the pressure on Querrey with a swift hold. The American now has to keep his composure on serve.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-0 3-4 - Querrey continues his resurgence as he holds once more to lead 4-3, and this second set is going with serve and is competitive after the one-sided opener.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-0 3-3 - Djokovic fires down three very fine first serves as Querrey is left subdued at the back of the court, unable to force a response. The Serb levels once more, and Querrey has established himself in this set.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-0 2-3 - Querrey wins his third game on the bounce with a belligerent service hold, and he is now finding his rhythm on serve with Djokovic not having everything his own way.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-0 2-2 - BREAK! Well, well - it's amazing what a single game can do. Querrey breaks serve with a flurry of powerful groundstrokes, and Djokovic loses focus slightly with some sloppy serving as the American levels.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-0 2-1 - There is an enormous roar of approval from the crowd on Court Central as Querrey belatedly gets on the board with a service hold! He spares himself the ignominy of a double bagel.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-0 2-0 - Djokovic holds to 15, and he only loses a point as a result of a flashing forehand cross court which drifts agonisingly long. Querrey still looks no more likely to get on the board.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-0 1-0 - BREAK! Oh dear, Querrey is having a shocker here. Djokovic breaks immediately at the start of the second set, and to love! Querrey is looking very despondent now, and he fails to win a single point on serve.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-0 - SET! It's a bagel as Djokovic holds serve with consummate ease, and the Serb is cruising on Court Central as Querrey continues to struggle hopelessly. The 25-year-old is running away with this very easily.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-0 - BREAK! Djokovic moves to within a game of the opening set as he breaks for a third successive game on the Querrey serve, and the American is really struggling here. It looks like becoming a bagel.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-0 - Djokovic again consolidates his latest break of serve, and the number two seed is cruising as he takes Querrey's groundstrokes apart once more. He holds to 15 with consummate ease.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-0 - BREAK! It's a double break for Djokovic early on in this match as he gains complete control of the first set, and the Serb is not giving Querrey a glimmer of an opportunity to force his way back into it. The American is not managing to compete at all.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-0 - Djokovic is pegged back as Querrey fires a forehand down the line, but the number two seed gathers himself to find a big serve down the T, and he holds with a flurry of powerful groundstrokes.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-0 - BREAK! What a start from Djokovic, who breaks serve immediately in ruthless fashion as Querrey fails to settle into a rhythm on his first delivery and is punished. The Serb is off to a flyer with two brutal forehand winners.
- - Djokovic, who lost the World No. 1 ranking to the Swiss on 9 July following a 53-week reign, will reclaim the top spot on 5 November when Federer drops his points from last year.
- - Djokovic has, of course, already clinched the year-end number one ranking, becoming the first player to accomplish the feat in consecutive seasons since Roger Federer achieved four straight world number one finishes from 2004-07.
- - Novak Djokovic, the number two seed, is next up on Court Central for his match with Sam Querrey of the USA. The world number 23 is down 4-0 in their head-to-head record, and will not be fancied to break his duck today.
|Date of Birth||07/10/1987|
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|