|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Thanks for joining me once more for an entertaining day and night's tennis. Murray is through to the semis and Tsonga showed his true self in the second set. We'll have continued coverage of these finals all weekend, not from me though - I'll be bringing you Monday's final. In the meantime, get me on Twitter @Reda_Eurosport. Thanks again. FOLLOW ON TWITTER!
- - MURRAY 6-2 7-6(3) – GAME SET AND MATCH MURRAY! Murray drops the first match point after going long but he’s back on serve anyway and just needs the one to count. ACE. What a way to end it. Murray wins to seal his progress to the semi-finals.
- - MURRAY 6-2 6-6(6-2) – Bad mistake from Tsonga who was set to erase the mini-break but got his backhand all wrong with Murray stranded. Murray takes a swashbuckling point as Tsonga again forehands long, and it’s four match points now as Murray gets another mini-break courtesy of a bad forehand miss by Tsonga..
- - MURRAY 6-2 6-6(3-2) – Tsonga unleashes an ace to start the tie-break in style. He then sends what could have been a super winner just long of the baseline and it’s Murray’s turn to show his service technique with a kicker into the body. Murray thinks he has got a mini-break with an incredible curling forehand but it was just wide of the line. Challenge lost, still has two. He does get the mini-break though as his forehand lands inside the line this time, Tsonga going long.
- - MURRAY 6-2 6-6 – Advantage Murray as he serves superbly, 133mph, but Tsonga’s move to net pays off as Murray nets under pressure for deuce again. And now set point Tsonga as Murray flops a weak drive to net! But Tsonga forehands diagonally and wide for deuce again. Fantastic driven forehand winner from Murray, clean and unstoppable off the left baseline and he holds to force a tie-break as Tsonga flicks one long.
- - MURRAY 6-2 5-6 – After setting up the serve-volley nicely Murray slices a backhand long. Bad mistake. Great follow-up serve though, and Tsonga returns long off the next for 30-15. But some booming forehands from deep push Murray all over the place and Tsonga levels with a smash. Murray gets his serve-volley right this time but double-faults to deuce. My oh my.
- - MURRAY 6-2 5-6 – Back on deuce after Tsonga’s serve gave him game point as a trademark return catches him out. But game point again as they exchange deft volleys at the net, Tsonga’s drop getting the better of Murray, but a brutal return back to deuce! Murray then dips an attempted forehand winner just long and Murray returns long for Tsonga to hold from two break points.
- - MURRAY 6-2 5-5 – Smart first serve from Tsonga as Murray can only net, but he levels with a brutal return that Tsonga makes with a dropping volley that lands inches wide again. A precise Murray forehand yields an error on Tsonga’s sliced backhand for 15-30, and it’s double break point as Murray meets a drop shot off the net with a cool running pass down the right. Classy. Great serve though to pull one back, and Murray forehands long for deuce.
- - MURRAY 6-2 5-5 – Murray serving to avoid a third set at this stage, with Tsonga going wide for 30-15 but Tsonga challenging… A millimetre! Dommage. Rasping return also goes long, unlucky as he saw a gap there, and Murray holds to 15 with a flashing volley after Tsonga got lucky off the net. Good anticipation.
- - MURRAY 6-2 4-5 – Tsonga drifts a backhand wide, “ah” he exclaims after yet another unforced error. That love break was quite astounding, shame it’s all we’ve seen of him this week. A booming forehand forces Murray wide again and everyone cheers as they want a tie-break and ideally a third, otherwise it’s an early night. Huge roar as another testing exchange goes Tsonga’s way, and he holds with a forehand pass after Murray guesses the wrong way.
- - MURRAY 6-2 4-4 – BREAK! Hello! Tsonga moves 0-30 after giving Murray some grief with his booming returns, and we have a thrilling baseline exchange, all bullets and drop shots, that Tsonga takes as Murray lobs an inch long! Three break points! What a point! And he takes it with a marvellous backhand return off the line! Brilliant from Tsonga!
- - MURRAY 6-2 4-3 – They’re at least having fun now as they bring the points to net and take more risks with their groundstrokes, Tsonga holding to 30 with a pair of big serves and a mighty smash.
- - MURRAY 6-2 4-2 – Superb backhand volley on the turn from Murray after flying across the net. Almost Federer-like. But a crushing forehand from Tsonga levels at 30. And a fantastic point from both men, showing great athleticism as the Frenchman is unfortunate to see a near-miraculous volley drop an inch or two wide. Murray holds as Tsonga backhands wide.
- - And now Kevin Spacey! For once I'm a touch star-struck. His Richard III was terrifying, I will never forget that.
- - MURRAY 6-2 3-2 – Tsonga shades a super opening point as Murray’s efforts fall flat. But a super forehand-backhand switch buys space for a crisp volley across the net to level. But a good hold for Tsonga is completed by a lovely backhand volley off the line that fans of both men applaud.
- - MURRAY 6-2 3-1 – Tsonga just wants everyone to have some fun and he is hard on himself after sending one long after a good effort from deep. Another fantastic point is taken by Murray, who rushed to net to volley right with Tsonga still on the left baseline. Now Murray double-faults to 30-15. Oooops. Lovely soft volley from JW to 30-30, at his best at close range. Murray responds with a fierce serve that Tsonga cannot return. And his next return is long, Murray holds.
- - Fabrice Muamba is introduced to the crowd. He looks well, enjoying the delights his city has to offer. Nice jumper. Spencer Davis Group's Gimme Some Lovin' cheers all and sundry. Steve Winwood should be mandatory in schools.
- - MURRAY 6-2 2-1 – A lovely dipping forehand from Tsonga is only spooned high and wide by Murray, but Tsonga – from a good position of dominant baseline drives – spanks a backhand long. He wins a thrilling point next as Murray’s scuttling baseline play stalls when Tsonga forces him into a diving forehand to net, and Tsonga ekes out a tough hold as he smashes away after giving Murray the runaround.
- - MURRAY 6-2 2-0 – Fantastic point but Tsonga volleys when he should have left it as I think it was headed long – it ends up in the net. Murray’s next return is wide though and a crowd-pleasing Tsonga drop shot, nonchalant and side-on, puts him ahead. Tsonga spoils some good retrieving with a weak forehand to net that was aimed down the line, and now we have break point Murray… saved as he returns long. Deuce.
- - MURRAY 6-2 2-0 – The crowd roars in approval as Tsonga, who is loved across the world and particularly in the UK, fizzes a superb return off the line. He then returns long twice in a row and it's 40-15, Murray holding as he puts it into Tsonga's body, the ball spinning short of the net.
- - MURRAY 6-2 1-0 – BREAK! Tsonga again to serve first and Murray takes the first point before failing to get a return in. Both men playing for pride and the show. Lovely old-fashioned serve-volley next, but Tsonga underhits a drop volley at net to the crowd’s collective sigh. They wanted him to make that, would have been lovely. Murray then gets lucky with a mis-hit forehand, which seems to catch Tsonga flat-footed and he nets for break point again. Taken as Jo double-faults!
- - So that is pretty much that but they will play on, no doubt in relaxed exhibition fashion to give the punters their money's worth. So Murray makes another big semi-final, but can he go all the way? What do you think? Let me know on Twitter @Reda_Eurosport. FOLLOW ON TWITTER!
- - MURRAY 6-2 – SET! MURRAY IS IN THE SEMIS! Fantastic serve out wide that the athletic Frenchman gets a touch on but it’s set point again, almost an ace to take it but just wide! And Tsonga returns long to send Murray into the semis! And he is delighted!
- - MURRAY 5-2 – You can sense that the otherwise pro-Murray crowd secretly wants Jo to break back and make a match of this, and Murray does give him a way into it by netting a weak backhand for 15-15. Tsonga finds net again and a sliced backhand that drops long following a rally gives Murray two set points and, by default, two chances to secure his place in the semis. Fantastic leaning Tsonga return into the corner for 40-30 though! And a rotten double fault to deuce! Not this again...
- - @JoshuaHayward99: "RedMan, do you know who will be playing in the day session on Sunday? If not, how is it drawn?" - I am honestly not 100% but I believe that Djokovic comes first as Group A winner. Correct me if I'm wrong @Reda_Eurosport. FOLLOW ON TWITTER!
- - MURRAY 5-2 – Tsonga knows he's on his way out unless something miraculous occurs but he is trying to keep Murray honest as he powers to 30-0. But a shrug follows a weak effort to net, and a poor Murray return should be buried but again Tsonga hits string with his double-handed backhand. But a rush to net to meet Murray's return with a cool pass gives him game point, and Tsonga holds with a lovely forehand volley after Murray was left stranded by making the return.
- - MURRAY 5-1 – Murray’s first hold to love comes in a flash and he leaves Tsonga serving to stay in the set and, by default, the tournament.
- - Yes, to the fan accusing me of bias, he is 'Muzzah' - just like Djokovic is Nole, Tipsarevic is Tipsy and the mighty Federer is Fed. Nicknames are essential in one-on-one sports, we repeat their names in vain otherwise and it gets bo-ring...
- - @row_rod: "andy must win more than one Slam for us to stop worrying for him with Tsonga-like players" - sure, he must win some more Slams, but I wouldn't be too concerned about him against the so-called lesser players any more. It's the Djokovic/Federer epics that keep us guessing! What do you think? Tweet away @Reda_Eurosport. FOLLOW ON TWITTER!
- - MURRAY 4-1 – Can Murray break again? They exchange solid backhands for a spell before Murray switches to the forehand, only to send what should have been a winner an inch long. His next return lands just wide, almost a cracker, but Tsonga also slightly overhits a forehand drive wide. Good solid serve though, Murray backhanding to net, and Tsonga gets off the mark with a smart second serve that Murray again nets.
- - MURRAY 4-0 – Tsonga hits long before finding one of his trademark heavy winners down the line for 15-15. Kick serve catches Tsonga turning, Murray smashing the resultant volley, but en error from the world no.3 as he lofts a forehand long. Fabulous serve that Tsonga somehow returns, but the follow-up is just as fierce. Murray holds from there with a deepish second serve that flies up into Tsonga’s body, the Frenchman going long.
- - Superb start for Murray, sandwiching a service hold with two breaks, although Tsonga is his own worst enemy. Remember, Muzzah just needs a set to qualify. Can Tsonga fight back from here? Let me know what you think on Twitter @Reda_Eurosport. FOLLOW ON TWITTER!
- - MURRAY 3-0 – BREAK! Tsonga gets off the board as a powerful delivery catches Murray on the run, but an excellent backhand return brings the Briton level. A beefy forehand from Tsonga is responded to in kind, with the Frenchman’s next effort too meaty as it hits light blue. Murray then meets an excellent drop shot with an even better volley, Tsonga’s own flying backhand dropping long, and two more break points! Taken as an angled, spinning Murray forehand sees Tsonga flick one to net.
- - MURRAY 2-0 – Good first serve as Murray defends the break, before Tsonga hits a wild forehand long for 30-0. Murray’s first below-par shot sees him net a forehand on the run, before a rather loud net call amuses the crowd. A very crisp Tsonga return off second serve forces Murray long to level. Tsonga nets a weak backhand and Murray holds as Tsonga returns a second serve long.
- - MURRAY 1-0 – BREAK! Stretching forehand to net gives Tsonga the first point. Muzzah levels after a long and tentative second-serve rally sees Tsonga crack. A shorter exchange sees the Frenchman net again, and we have double break point as another trade of blows sees Murray do well to stay alive under pressure before pinging a crosscourter that Tsonga puts wide! Tsonga pulls one back with a fine pass down the line, but Murray breaks as an exchange of backhands results in a low strike to net!
19:55 - Murray obviously gets the lion's share of applause but Tsonga is hugely popular, and with good reason - he's a very nice man, and an exciting player on his day. He's been far from his best this week, although the opposition has been very, very strong.
19:50 - The boxing entrances are complete, with Murray posing for some pics with the kids.
19:45 - I’m Reda Maher, your commentator courtside at the O2, and if you have any predictions, shouts or comments on this match, Tweet me @Reda_Eurosport. FOLLOW ON TWITTER!
19:40 - HEAD-TO-HEAD: Murray leads 6-1, with Tsonga’s last win coming at the Australian Open in 2008, their second encounter.
19:35 - PERMUTATIONS: Simple really – if Murray wins a set he is through, even if he loses the match; French number one Tsonga needs a straight-sets win over his British equivalent or he is out. Novak Djokovic has won the group with a 3-0 record.
19:30 - Hello and welcome to our LIVE coverage of the final ATP World Tour Finals Group A match, as home favourite Andy Murray faces Jo-Wilfried Tsonga for a place in the semis. Should start just before 8pm, seeing as the doubles is over.
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||17/04/1985|