|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - GAME, SET AND MATCH MURRAY 6-4! Berdych wins the first point of the game with that brutal forehand sending out the warning that Murray will have to win this game. Berdych sends the ball flying long as Murray moves 30-15 clear. A big first serve is rushed into the net by Berdych and Murray has two match points. A double fault sees Murray shed the first one. He completes the win when Berdych drops a backhand into the net. A happy Murray in animated mood out there as he accepts the cheers.
- - MURRAY 5-4 - On we go with this pattern of comfortable holds as Berdych comes up with another love game in rapid style. Murray seems to be steeling himself for the game he needs on serve to finish matters off. Surely can't blow this now. Murray with seven aces to Berdych's six ahead of this game.
- - MURRAY 5-3 - This is solid, efficient stuff from Murray. Few fireworks, but that has to be good news for the Scot and this British crowd. The Murray serve looking strong in the key moments. Holding up well here as a few Union Jacks are waved in the crowd.
- - MURRAY 4-3 - Berdych responds to holding to love with his own hold to love. Berdych not slipping quietly into the night, but needs to find some magic now otherwise this contest is all over.
- - MURRAY 4-2 - Murray looks to be tying up the odds and ends nicely here. A love game. Berdych not even close to laying a glove on the Scottish player. Another love games roll by. Murray just two games short of the winning mark now.
- - MURRAY 3-2 - Murray fails to pick up a thundering forehand from Berdych as he slips a shot on the run into the net at 30-30. Berdych completes the recovery from trailing 30-15 to throw down a big ace. Life in this match yet. Murray continues to hold this break.
- - MURRAY 3-1 - This match looks to be heading towards Murray unless Berdych can change the momentum. Two blistering forehand winners fly off the Muzza racket on his way to finalising a love hold. Huge game for Berdych now. Must find a few first serves otherwise this is all over.
- - BREAK MURRAY 2-1 - Murray smells the moment as Berdych again begins to falter on serve. Drills a ball down the line that is two good for the Czech player to bring up two break points. Berydch slips in another loose shot as the forehand is wheeled wide. Murray suddenly the master of his own destiny in this contest with the second serve becoming an all too obvious chink in Berdych armour.
- - 1-1 - Murray's backhand collapses aiming to see out his service game leading 40-15. Lifts a backhand long. Fine return of serve by Berdych, but he dumps a ball into the net on the run and that is 1-1 in the third set. Nothing to split these two figures.
- - BERDYCH 1-0 - As is usually the case, little beween these two men. Berdych buries the disappointment of losing the second set to come up with a comfortable hold in the opening game of the third set. Been going for one hour and 37 minutes now.
- - SET MURRAY 6-3 - Much better from Murray as he gets the job done to level at 1-1. Berdych's first set percentage went down in that set enabling Murray to swarm all over the Czech's second serve. Murray keeps his composure well at 30-30 to win the next two points. Now in a one-set decider to settle this particular match.
- - MURRAY 5-3 - Murray doing some stretching before Berdych punches away another winner to clamber over the line and lead 5-3. Almost a repeat of the first set, this time in Murray's favour. He will serve for the set. Chance to level the match at 1-1. An expectant crowd at the O2 ready to acknowledge the home man claiming the second set.
- - MURRAY 5-2 - Murray with just the solitary ace in this match, but his service game is working well enough in this set. Clubs a forehand into the net that would have carried him into a 5-2 lead before Berdych nails a return right on the money to apply some pressure at deuce. A 135mph serve down the tee sorts out most things in life as another couple of Murray aces sees the score move to advantage. A winning volley finishes off the game in Murray's favour.
- - MURRAY 4-2 - A lot more like Murray as he draws Berdych into the net before clipping away a little forehand. Berdych responds with one of those piercing forehands at the net. Berdych keeps his composure well to claw himself back to within two games of the Scot. Murray to serve with this precious break.
- - MURRAY 4-1 - Murray looking a lot more relaxed with his first break in the bag. Another Murray service game is won to love just when he needed it most. The right response from the Scot to carry himself to the cusp of forcing this match to a deciding set. Berdych beginning to misfire at the wrong moments.
- - BREAK MURRAY 3-1 - Berdych throws in a couple of errors under pressure to hand Murray three more break points. Surely the break must come now, but Berdych keeps him waiting with another booming first serve. Two more chances on the cards. A Murray backhand misses the target before Berdych's first serve and drive volley sees the score move to deuce. Berdych somehow misses his go-to shot in the next point to hand Murray an 11th break point in the match. Another loose forehand gives Muzza the break.
- - MURRAY 2-1 - A drop shot at the net from Murray is good enough for the Scot to save one break point. Berdych goes for a line seconds later, but is inches away from connecting with a straight attempt at a winner. Just missed the line. Berdych continues to apply the pressure, but Murray maintains his composure to hammer away a forehand across court in saving his third break point of the game. Murray throws down an ace to escape some real heat. He leads by the odd game in three.
- - 1-1 - Berdych comes roaring back with some real intent to restore parity in the second set. Drops only one point in that service game. Games on serve in this set. Dangerous times for Murray. Doesn't want to be broken again here with his opponent clearly growing in confidence out there.
- - MURRAY 1-0 - Murray holds his concentration well at the outset of the second set to trouser the first game on serve dropping only one point. Berdych faced seven break points in that opening set, and saved them all. Can the Czech player maintain these levels in the second set?
- - SET BERDYCH 6-3 - Some excellent play by Berdych. Moving Murray from side to side with some ease before coming to the net to thrash away another stunning drive volley. Big point at 30-30, but Murray slides the return beyond Berych to bring up his latest break point. Murray tries to get the job done with a drop shot, but feels the pain as the ball trickles down the net. The game running for nine minutes, but Berdych finally sees it out as the ball flies long from the Murray side.
- - BERDYCH 5-3 - Murray keeping his opponent honest by forcing Berdych to serve out this first set. A love game from Muzza, but this next game is all about the Berdych first serve. If he gets enough in, he sets up the volley to win the point. Simple as that.
- - BERDYCH 5-2 - Some classic serve and volley play by Berdych is really paying dividends for the world number six as he puts away another service game quite rapidly to hold to love with Murray suddenly in the mood to trash the racket off his boot. One more game will hand Berdych this first set.
- - BREAK BERDYCH 4-2! Murray's turn to get himself into a spot of bother on serve. Berdych with two break points. Murray saves one with Berdych missing out wide, but the big Czech nails the break on the second attempt as he goes back down the line during a rally with Murray rushing a shot into the net. First blood to Berdych in this match.
- - BERDYCH 3-2 - Murray races out to three break points on the Czech's serve to lead 40-0. Illustrating his richness in getting the ball back in play. Throws up a testing lob that Berdych meets with a winning smash before a drive volley into the corner of the net spins away to stave off the third break point. Another big first serve hands Berdych advantage before another punched volley completes a professional hold from Berdych. Muzza continues to chase this first break of the match.
- - 2-2 - A love game from Murray. Little or no strain on the Scot as he lets his service game do the talking. 18 minutes gone. Nothing to split these two figures. One break may well be enough to get the job done today.
- - BERDYCH 2-1 - Murray manages to win the first point of the game on the run with a terrific passing shot, but is forced to suck it up as Berdych reels off the next four to lead by the odd game in three. Unable to apply any pressure to the Berdych serve. Berdych getting plenty of meat into those bruising forehands of his. Murray back out then trying to restore parity at 2-2.
- - 1-1 - Murray mops a little sweat from his brow after dropping the first point of the game before collecting the next two points. Berdych rushes a backhand from deep in the court to present the Scot with two game points to level at 1-1. Berdych stays alive when a forehand from Murray loops wide of the target, but the home hope clambers over the winning line seconds later. All square then.
- - BERDYCH 1-0 - Murray reads a passing shot by Berdych across the court to flick a little volley over the net. Pressure on the Czech player trailing 0-30, but Murray knocks a forehand long seconds later. A double fault by Berydch hands Murray two break points in the opening game of the day. One is saved with a brutal first serve coming in at 130mph before Murry nudges a backhand return long. Berdych finishes pretty strongly to hold serve. May be a vital hold.
0-0 - Berdych to serve in the opening game of the match.
14.15 - Team Murray has more members in it than a rugby union squad, but they are all in place and so are we. Here are the world rankings before the first ball is served in this tournament. ATP RANKINGS 2012
14.10 - Murray yet to go beyond the semi-finals of this tournament despite some passionate support from the British fans in the country's capital. He fell to Roger Federer last year in the last four and Rafael Nadal in a throbbing tie-break in 2009. But there is no Nadal this year, and Murray has already accounted for Federer on the big stage by winning Olympic Gold this year at Wimbledon.
14.05 - World number two Novak Djokovic meets Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the other match in Group A tonight. Group B does not begin until tomorrow with Roger Federer, David Ferrer Juan Martin del Potro and Janko Tipsarevic in that section. We will of course have regular coverage of the goings on from the O2 with all the live commentary straight to your laptop, mobile and carrier pigeon if he we can get the news to you as it happens.
14.00 - Berdych with a 4-3 winning record on the head-to-heads between the two men. Berdych's last win over Murray came on the clay of Monaco earlier this year. Berdych also won their last meeting on a hard court in Paris last year, but Murray did turn over Berdych on a hard court in Dubai this year.
13:55 - Good afternoon and welcome to LIVE coverage of Andy Murray's opening match at the ATP World Tour finals as the British number one meets Tomas Berdych, who he defeated in the last four on his way to winning the US Open at Flushing Meadows.
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||17/09/1985|