|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - BERDYCH 6-4 6-4 – GAME SET AND MATCH! Berdych does take the two double faults, landing his return off second serve and watching as Anderson nets a weak double-handed follow-up. Next for the Czech is the winner of Federer-Nadal. That never gets old. Tennis - Indian Wells Masters Men - P1 - Yahoo! Eurosport UK
- - BERDYCH 6-4 5-4 – Berdych gets the rub of the net to edge ahead in this vital game. And a beautiful winner out wide leaves Anderson stranded for 0-30! ACE to pull one back, but a wild forehand to LA leaves Berdych with two match points! Will he take them?
- - BERDYCH 6-4 5-4 – A sense of déjà vu as Berdych holds with a modicum comfort to leave Anderson serving to stay in the match. Watch him week if he DFs it away again.
- - BERDYCH 6-4 4-4 – Anderson is in trouble after dropping the first two points on serve. Can Berdych seize the moment? Not initially, fine serve. And again. And an ace. But Berdych brings up deuce with a forehand cross after Anderson loses all the pace on his forehand. A meaty one from deep by Anderson draws Berdych into a mis-hit and the South African holds with a strong first serve.
- - BERDYCH 6-4 4-3 – The Czech’s turn to serve, from 40-15 he gives Anderson a sniff with a dramatic but wide forehnd down the line. He holds anyway, finding a top serve to see it through.
- - BERDYCH 6-4 3-3 – Berdych creams a brutal forehand cross off the line, unerring accuracy. 30-30 on Anderson’s serve. But a super pace-killing drop volley gives the South African game point, which he takes courtesy of an ambitious but fractionally long return.
- - BERDYCH 6-4 3-2 – Berdych is getting some great length on his groundstrokes and he holds the next game to love with a lovely backhand winner down the line.
- - BERDYCH 6-4 2-2 – Awesome double-handed winner down the line from Berd and he levels at 30 as Anderson massively overhits a follow-up. And now break point as Berdych’s return catches Anderson cold… First serve long, second yields a long return. Good change of direction. Anderson goes on to claim a good hold with a cracking cross following a savage forehand into the corner.
- - BERDYCH 6-4 2-1 – Some lovely crisp big-hitting from Berdych as he finally unleashes successive winners. A love hold as Anderson spoons a forehand pass well wide.
- - BERDYCH 6-4 1-1 – As with much of the first set, the power serve is dictating this second stanza. Anderson holds to 15, but it’s about the big points in the crucial games and Berdych, having been a flake until his mid-20s, is the more stable man under pressure.
- - BERDYCH 6-4 1-0 - Berdych on serve again and he starts well enough with a couple of dominant points before striking one long. Holds with a vicious low serve out wide.
- - BERDYCH 6-4 – SET! The South African pounds one off the corner before overhitting his next winner, back to deuce. Pointless challenge. And he’s let it get to him as a so-so return from Berdych somehow leaves him in a pickle and it’s set point again! First serve is wide… and the second is long! Anderson double-faults away the set! Him of all people!
- - BERDYCH 5-4 – Anderson is serving to stay in the set and starts nervously as Berdych draws first blood. A nice double-hander noses the South African in front but he strikes one long from deep, a poor shot, for 30-30… Terrible time to make your first double fault! Set point! Saved with an ace! And the next zips out wide, Berdych returning well out of court, but he loses game point by overhitting a cross from deep. Should have been the game.
- - BERDYCH 5-4 – A more straightforward hold for Anderson, who takes the first point off the Berdych serve as he gets some superb accuracy on his groundstrokes. He then misses a chance to extend that when he pings a forehand drive just past the right baseline. Berdych goes on to hold as he gets some more consistency on his second serve, then fires a vicious first serve over that Anderson nets.
- - BERDYCH 4-3 – The Czech is drawn into a long, deep rally at 15-30 but he levels as Anderson makes an error with his forehand. A fourth ace from Berdych today is challenged… twas in. But a super second-serve return from Anderson cracks down the line. Slow delivery from Berdych. Deuce. Which they flirt around for an age, no-one able to kill this game off, lots of errors. Eventually Berdych strings two first serves together and holds.
- - BERDYCH 3-3 – More straightforward for Anderson as he keeps this match going with serve.
- - BERDYCH 3-2 – Now Berdych’s turn to overhit and Anderson has another break point, saved with a smash at net as the Czech spreads Anderson along the baseline. Lots of meaty hits and two unreturnable serves give him a tough hold.
- - BERDYCH 2-2 – Ferocious pair of returns from Anderson and suddenly he has half a chance. Almost three break points but he spins a curving pass down the line but long. Berdych levels but Anderson finds the smallest gap with a diagonal forehand and it’s break point! He gets over-excited with his next return off a weak second serve, and it’s long for deuce.
- - BERDYCH 2-2 – Berdych can hit it hard and flat, low over the net, and he gets some good groundstrokes as Anderson struggles to keep pace. 0-30 and Anderson goes long with a backhand from deep after a non-sliced second serve! Three break points but the first is saved with a cool smash into space after a brutal first serve was returned up in the air. Next point sees the South African follow-up to net, and it’s a deuce game as Berdych goes long with the pass. Anderson goes on to hold.
- - BERDYCH 2-1 – Anderson gives Berdych the runaround on his Czech’s second serve, to level at 30. Serious power from the South African. They tussle to deuce but Berdych puts in a duo of hefty first serves to hold.
- - BERDYCH 1-1 – Anderson holds to love as Berdych gets nowhere near him. No need for that slice there.
- - BERDYCH 1-0 – We’re underway and Berdych is serving. What’s interesting about Anderson is that the 6’8” power-server mixes it up on second serve, slicing it a touch to deceive his opponent. The Czech holds comfortably.
- - It's 8.30pm UK, 1.30pm local, and both men are out hitting now so we should be underway soon. Big Berd's 2013 record is good - 13/4, but two of those defeats have been in his finals.
- - Who do you reckon will triumph at Indian Wells? The big guns have all dropped sets so no-one is standing out in terms of form at this championship, and of course we lost Ferrer early on. It's hard to look past Djokovic but I think Berdych has looked solid outside the big four. Let me know on Twitter @Reda_Eurosport. Best Tweets go up. Twitter
- - H2H: In the meanwhile, Czech world no. 6 Berdych, now 27, has a 5-0 lead over South Africa's Anderson. These are two big, powerful men, both with mighty serves, Berdych with a very heavy strike on the forehand and Anderson with surprising subtlety for his size.
- - This match will start a touch later than anticipated - the women's doubles is still ongoing. More like 8.30pm UK...
- - Hello and welcome to our LIVE coverage of the Indian Wells Masters, or BNP Paribas Open as it's called at the moment. Two quarter-finals tonight, with Tomas Berdych facing Kevin Anderson at 8pm UK (1pm local), and a Federer-Nadal at around 2am. Feels good to be able to say that again! Tennis - Indian Wells Masters Men - P1 - Yahoo! Eurosport UK
|Date of Birth||17/09/1985|
|Date of Birth||18/05/1986|