|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-7(4) 7-5 – GAME SET AND MATCH! Federer suddenly steps it up a gear, as he is wont on the big points, flashing away a superb backhand for 0-30. Great serve to respond though as Fed returns long. And now two match points Federer as Wawrinka collapses under pressure... TAKEN as Federer’s return is too much for Stan, who nets. Next for Fed is either Nadal or Gulbis. Tennis - Indian Wells Masters Men - P1 - Yahoo! Eurosport UK
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-7(4) 6-5 – Federer zips to 30-0 and, while Wawrinka pulls one back, the world no.2 is not in a good mood and buries his next shot to hold and leave Stan serving to stay in it for a third time.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-7(4) 5-5 – Wawrinka serving to stay in the match and he aces to kick off. Nice. Fed nets the next return, and Stan is in total charge of this game to hold with ease.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-7(4) 5-4 – First blood Stan as Fed looks a touch shaken still! Fine serve down the middle that Stan returns long. Good response. And now he has a break point but a superb serve off the line means Stan, via a challenge, has gone long! And Federer uses that to hold, Stan nowhere near him at the end.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-7(4) 4-4 – A fist pump follows that solid hold of Wawrinka serve as he seeks to get Federer on the back foot again.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-7(4) 4-3 – Fed is not too pleased with the umpire, having another word as he drops the opening point. Now 15-30 as Wawrinka applies some pressure on the Fed forehand, but a super first serve dictates a point that ends as Stan goes long. Now Stan’s turn to challenge the ball that he put one long, but he did – by a millimetre. And Fed holds with a brutal serve and cross-court forehand.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-7(4) 3-3 – Wawrinka is playing some good tennis now, holding as he moves Fed around more than the Master likes.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-7(4) 3-2 - BREAK! Stan was a point away from holding and defending that break but Federer, spurred on by that sense of injustice, has broken back! By the way, I’m pretty sure you can’t call your own first serve out, or challenge it if HawkEye is used. Fed backs it up with a very rapid hold. The Master back in charge.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-7(4) 1-2 - BREAK! Wawrinka has three break points after Fed nets a forehand, his 10th point out of the last dozen! Fed is arguing with the umpire because he wants to challenge his own shot – the first serve that Wawrinka was able to return! Bizarre. He was right too, it was long! And finally the umpire tells him ‘no’ and Wawrinka breaks to love with a superb backhand curving around the world no.2!
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-7(4) 1-1 - Wawrinka will have a greater fight on his hands in this decider as Fed loves the big points. His first service game is a toughie too as Fed keeps scrapping back to deuce, and Fed now has advantage... Not taken thanks to a super pass from Stan. Finally Wawrinka is able to hold as he gets his first serves in for once.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-7(4) 1-0 - First blood Federer in this decider as he holds serve. Great fightback by Stan, whatever happens.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-7(4) - SET! Stan’s missus jumps for joy as her man moves 5-3 but Fed with a mini-break back for 5-4. He runs the next point with his backhand before switching for forehand crosses, although he puts one long and it’s set point Stan! Can he take it? Fed on serve, first is out but he challenges... It was out. And a double-fault for Federer to throw away the set!
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-6 - The TB is with serve thus until Wawrinka noses ahead at 4-2. But he nets on the run and it’s back with serve.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-6 - Desperately unlucky for Wawrinka, who would have gone to two set points had his superbly crafted swoosh of a backhand not landed an inch wide. As it stands Federer is able to hold off with his trusted serve. Tiebreak time!
- - FEDERER 6-3 5-6 - Nerves for Stan? He was 40-0 but Fed has battled back to deuce... but a risky forehand cross bounces off the right tram to give Stan advantage... He holds. Now Federer is serving to stay in the second set.
- - FEDERER 6-3 5-5 - BREAK! Fed falls apart as mis-hits his way to 0-40, three break points and he saves the match as, after a nothing return, Fed loses his sight of the ball and mis-hits long! Bizarre!
- - FEDERER 6-3 5-4 – Wawrinka will make him work for it though, hoisting himself to 40-0 before dropping a point en route to holding.
- - FEDERER 6-3 5-3 – Federer is very much in his element though, on hard courts in the sun, and despite a reported back twinge he holds with ease and is on the brink of victory.
- - FEDERER 6-3 4-3 – Fed could break again here but Stan resists to take it to deuce and has advantage after an excellent serve. But he slices a backhand long, a lazy unforced error, and we’re back on deuce and Stan gets his act together to hold serve with some good deliveries.
- - FEDERER 6-3 4-2 – Wawrinka has two break points as a blistering pair of forehands leaves Fed stranded! Fed does pull one back, and in a flash he has game point but Wawrinka is back on deuce and has another half-chance. Not taken, Fed just turning it up a shade and winning back-to-back service points to hold.
- - FEDERER 6-3 3-2 – Wawrinka manages to stop that mini-rot with a decent service game, Fed not able to stretch into any big returns.
- - FEDERER 6-3 3-1 – BREAK! Federer breaks as he gets his nose ahead of a flagging Wawrinka early in the second. He backs that up too. Clear daylight.
- - FEDERER 6-3 1-1 – Federer responds with an excellent range of serves as he holds to 15. Cruisey.
- - FEDERER 6-3 0-1 – Wawrinka gets off to a good start with a strong hold, you wonder how Fed will do in the latter stages with his dodgy back.
- - FEDERER 6-3 – SET! After a terrible start, Federer has really bossed this set and he closes it out with a swooping winner that gives him a huge advantage. Halfway there.
- - FEDERER 5-3 – Wawrinka stops the rot with a solid hold of serve but Federer is serving for the set.
- - FEDERER 5-2 – Stan with a chance on the Fed serve but, at 30-30, he overcooks a forehand cross and it lands wide. And the chance is gone, Fed closing it out with a cool backhand for the hold.
- - FEDERER 4-2 – A wonderfully timed forehand sees Wawrinka hold after that spell of Fed dominance. Cheers from the Indian Wells crowd.
- - FEDERER 4-1 – Stan fights back with a couple of points as he hangs on in some baseline exchanges, but Federer defends that break with a smash into space.
- - FEDERER 3-1 – BREAK! Fed is close to his best all of a sudden as he bombs back to deuce before sealing a vital break to put daylight on his Swiss hitting buddy.
- - FEDERER 2-1 – Comfortable hold for Federer, who edges ahead for the first time.
- - FEDERER 1-1 – BREAK! Stan slides 0-40 down but he doesn’t fully oblige, getting good width on his shots as he claws it back to 30-40. He then challenges the out call on his first serve and he was right to do so – it was in. Deuce, which they trade off for a few points, but Fed is able to get back ahead and he breaks back to cancel out the advantage.
- - FEDERER 1-0 – Stan slides 0-40 down but he doesn’t fully oblige, getting good width on his shots as he claws it back to 30-40. He then challenges the out call on his first serve and he was right to do so – it was in. Deuce.
- - FEDERER 0-1 - BREAK! Deary me, Federer collapses on his first service game, sliding to 0-40 and allowing himself to be broken to love his his follow-up to Stan's return flies into the crowd! Gasps from the stands!
- - Finally Federer and Wawrinka are coming out for their hugely delayed match, delayed thanks to an epic encounter between Maria Kirilenko and Petra Kvitova, the Russian winning 4-6 6-4 6-3.
- - H2H: They're out hitting in the sun but Federer makes a swift exit, possibly for treatment on his back problem. Fed leads Wawrinka 12-1 in career matches, but of course they train together often so you'd say Stan has won a few more behind closed doors.
|Date of Birth||28/03/1985|
|Date of Birth||08/08/1981|