|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - TSONGA 7-6(6) 6-3 - GAME, SET & MATCH! A series of big forehands from Troicki to the Tsonga backhand saves a first match point as the Frenchman slices a backhand long of the baseline. But the sixth seed does wrap up the match at the second set, a dipping backhand undoing Troicki as he attempts to ghost into the net but ends up having to pick the ball up off the ground.
- - TSONGA 7-6(6) 5-3 - Tsonga puts himself under a bit of added pressure when a cramped backhand volley ends in the bottom of the net despite the Frenchman being perfectly placed to play it for a winner. But he recovers to hold from deuce with an ace, without facing a break point. Troicki will have to serve to stay in this match next.
- - TSONGA 7-6(6) 4-3 - Tsonga does all the hard work pushing Troicki from side to side but cannot quite take finish the point off (which would have brought with it a break point) when he slices his backhand drop shot into the net. Eventually it is strange shot selection from Tsonga that helps Troicki to hold his serve and remain just the one break down. The Frenchman looks pretty comfortable, however
- - TSONGA 7-6(6) 4-2 - Tsonga eases through another hold - he is looking pretty comfortable now - as Troicki hits just long off a forehand that the Frenchman landed right in the corner.
- - TSONGA 7-6(6) 3-2 - Tsonga is unable to bring a kicker serve back under control and instead sends his forehand looping long to help Troicki on his way to a hold that at least keeps him just the one break down in this second set
- - TSONGA 7-6(6) 3-1 - Troicki is not having much luck in his battles with hawkeye as he unsuccessfully challenges a Tsonga serve. The Frenchman holds in double-quick time to put all the pressure back on his opponent
- - TSONGA 7-6(6) 2-1 - Troicki is quick to get through his serve this time around, holding for the loss of just the one point when Tsonga puts a backhand wide across court
- - TSONGA 7-6(6) 2-0 - Tsonga saves a first break point with a backhand winner down the line and the second with an ace. He also saves a third, this time on a Troicki error, before being able to go on and hold with an lofted forehand lob that the Serb decides not too bother chasing down
- - TSONGA 7-6(6) 1-0 - BREAK! Tsonga denies Troicki on an first game point with an inch-perfect forehand passing shot winner riffled across court. And he does the same with another forehand winner, this time off the shorter ball for an approach shot, to bring up a break point. It goes begging with a poor backhand return as does a second when Tsonga hits a forehand long but finally the Frenchman gets the break, at the third attempt, when Troicki puts a routing forehand into the net.
- - TSONGA 7-6(6) - SET! This time Tsonga does wrap up the set, again storming the net and again rushing Troicki, who puts his attempted forehand passing shot into the net. That was a tough set for both players but it is Tsonga who comes out on top.
- - TSONGA 6-6 (7-6) - TIE-BREAK! Troicki earns himself a set point with a cross-court forehand passing shot winner, called out by the line judge but overturned by a hawkeye challenge. But Tsonga saves it and levels up with an ace before earning himself another set point with a shoulder-height forehand volley that Troicki can only put into the net as he looks for the passing shot.
- - TSONGA 6-6 (5-4) - TIE-BREAK! Ouch. Back-to-back double faults from Tsonga see him squander two chances to earn himself a set point, after Troicki had stopped the run of five straight points against him
- - TSONGA 6-6 (4-1) - TIE-BREAK! Tsonga does fantastically well to get up the court to a decent drop shot from Troicki. Not only does Tsonga get there but he produces the shot of the set, flicking a forehand passing shot back across court for an angled winner.
- - TSONGA 6-6 - Much better again from Troicki as he holds for the loss of just the one point, dinking a fairly tricky forehand volley over the net for a drop shot to seal the game and force the tie-break
- - TSONGA 6-5 - Make that six games in a row from that same end of the court as Tsonga takes a relatively easy service hold when Troicki puts a forehand return into the net. The Serb, having served for the set just three minutes ago, will now have to serve to stay in this opening set after the change of ends
- - TSONGA 5-5 - BREAK! Tsonga saves a first set point when he works his way into the net and puts a low forehand volley over into the corner, leaving Troicki to hit low into the net. From there Tsonga goes on to break back, that's five games in a row that has been won from the end the Frenchman is currently playing from.
- - TSONGA 4-5 - BREAK! Troicki absolutely nails a backhand winner down the line at full stretch, timing the ball perfectly, to go 0-30 up against the Tsonga serve. A backhand error from the Frenchman quickly makes that 0-40 to Troicki and the Serb gets the break to love when Tsonga misses again, this time with a backhand. Troicki will serve for the first set after the change of ends.
- - TSONGA 4-4 - Much better from Troicki this time on serve as he eases through a hold to 15 to stop the run of games against him and prevent Tsonga from being in a position to serve for the set
- - TSONGA 4-3 - Tsonga races through an service hold for the loss of just the one point, an unreturned serve putting him in front for the first time in this match
- - TSONGA 3-3 - BREAK! A poor game from Troicki, including a volley right into Tsonga's range, hands the Frenchman three break back points without him really having to do anything much at all. And sure enough he does level things, drawing Troicki into the net before a dipping forehand ends with the Serb failing to lift his low backhand reply back up and over the net. Back on serve.
- - TSONGA 2-3 - Tsonga comes through his latest service game comfortably enough when Troicki sends his return of serve into the bottom of the net
- - TSONGA 1-3 - A Troicki shot sits up nicely for Tsonga, who obliges with a forehand winner, but the Serb finds a tasty forehand winner of his own, sent whistling down the line to hold once more and remain the early break up
- - TSONGA 1-2 - Better from Tsonga eventually. He quickly finds himself in danger at 30-30 after an ineffective backhand volley is duly punished with a whipped forehand passing shot winner across court from Troicki. But the Frenchman averts the danger and holds with an ace to get his side of the scoreboard ticking over
- - TSONGA 0-2 - Troicki races through a love service hold to consolidate the early break in this match - the Serb holds with an ace down the centre of the court to leave Tsonga reeling early on
- - TSONGA 0-1 - BREAK! A sluggish start from Tsonga ends in a double fault to hand Troicki the early break on Stadium. Hardly the kind of opening the Frenchman was looking for as he looks to get back to winning ways after a complete demolition at the hands of Djokovic in Indian Wells last week
- - Tsonga and Troicki are out on court and going through their warm-up. Tsonga, who won in Marseille a few weeks ago, has a surprisingly poor record against Troicki. He has been beaten by the Serb on three occasions, all three of them on hard-courts, and has won just two of their previous five meetings, including their only clash last year.
- - Li Na has just wrapped up her match against Varvara Lepchenko on Stadium, the Chinese fifth seed beating the American 6-2 6-4, meaning Jo-Wilfried Tsonga will be on court at 5pm UK time, around about 20 minutes time.
|Date of Birth||17/04/1985|
|Date of Birth||10/02/1986|