|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Well, well, well. Djokovic is out. He wasn't on his game today, but huge credit to Haas, who rolled back the years in a fantastic display. The German goes on to meet Gilles Simon in the quarters.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-6 4-6 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Haas drops the first point, but a superb reach at the net on the next point has the crowd on their feet! Soon after, another movement towards the net results in two match points. Nole saves the first impudently with a volley at the net but there's nothing he can do on the second as the German powers a forehand winner to claim victory! Brilliant!
- - DJOKOVIC 2-6 4-5 - BREAK! Boom! A blistering Haas forehand winner brings him to 30-30 before Djokovic fires wide on the next point to hand the German another break chance! He fails to capitalise though, sending a weak effort into the net, but he soon fashions another opportunity and this time he takes it, manoeuvring Nole around expertly before finishing off with a neat volley at the net!
- - DJOKOVIC 2-6 4-4 - Well done Tommy Haas! He does really well to hold serve and arrest the march of Djokovic. That was a crucial game for the German, no doubt.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-6 4-3 - This match has turned on its head! Nole is a player revitalised while Haas is a shadow of the man who had the opportunity to go a double break up a couple of games ago! That's 11 points on the bounce won by Djokovic and for the first time this set, he's in the lead.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-6 3-3 - BREAK! It could well have been the turning point! Djokovic breaks back as, for the first time this match, Haas looks uncomfortable. Unforced errors are the German's downfall as Nole breaks to love! Game on!
- - DJOKOVIC 2-6 2-3 - Better from Nole now! He takes a fraction of the time he took to claim the last game in this one, showing a much better touch along the way. Could this finally be the turning point for the Serb?
- - DJOKOVIC 2-6 1-3 - The Harlem Shake plays at the changeover but Haas shows no sign of wobbling as he registers another love service game. Great response to the disappointment of the last game from the German.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-6 1-2 - Everything is going right for Haas at the moment. Even though Nole gets to game point, the German brings it back to deuce. Another deuce later and Djokovic fires a forehand into the tramlines, giving Haas ANOTHER break point! He can't take it as an attempted lob goes long and he goes on to waste a further TWO opportunities before Novak finally holds. That could be a huge game in the final reckoning.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-6 0-2 - Haas holds comfortably, to love. And there are groans of despair from the crowd who, much like Djokovic, must be wondering just what is going on to the top seed. Brilliant from Haas though.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-6 0-1 - BREAK! Dear oh dear. Nole drops to 0-30 with another couple of unforced errors on his forehand but he recovers slightly by outlasting Haas in lengthy rally on the next point. But the relief is temporary as he commits another unforced error, going long at the baseline to gift Haas a pair of break points. And a double fault costs Nole dearly! What a time to produce that!
- - DJOKOVIC 2-6 - SET! Haas looks like a throwback to his career-best world number two ranking here! Another excellent game of tennis brings him the opening set! Djokovic needs to sit down now and have a long hard look at himself. Just 28 minutes that took!
- - DJOKOVIC 2-5 - BREAK! Haas is on fire! A brilliant get from the German veteran ends with him firing a forehand winner down the line to set up another break point! Nole comes in to the net but his attempted dink from a low position doesn't go over and Haas has a double break!
- - DJOKOVIC 2-4 - Haas confirms his break with another hold, although he does drop points this time. Still, it's looking good for the German at the moment!
- - DJOKOVIC 2-3 - BREAK! A few fans shout out as Djokovic opens up his next service game, forcing the umpire to tell them to shut it 'out of respect for the players'. Nole looks unimpressed and perhaps it has an effect on his concentration as Haas brings up the first break point of the match! The German takes it when Djokovic finds the net on his second service point! What a turn-up for the books!
- - DJOKOVIC 2-2 - Haas is yet to drop a point on serve so far as he completes another love service game to draw level at 2-2. The German's eight of eight.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-1 - Much quicker from Djokovic as the Serb races through this one. He's warming up. How will Haas's 34-year-old body cope with these conditions tonight?
- - DJOKOVIC 1-0 - Djokovic doesn't start off in the most convincing fashion, losing the opening point and then shanking a volley at the net. He still does enough to claim it though. He's in all grey tonight, while Haas is in dark shorts, white shirt and blue cap, turned backwards.
- - DJOKOVIC 0-0 - Here we go then! World number one and defending champion Djokovic to serve first.
- - It's a freezing night out there tonight. The players will be okay once they've finished their warm-up, but you feel for the fans, most of whom are wrapped up in jackets and hats.
- - Good news! The women have finished and Djokovic is already on Stadium court, warming up for his clash with Tommy Haas.
- - But stick with us as we will have game-by-game comments on that match as soon as it gets underway.
- - That match between Djokovic and Haas will not get underway until 1am UK time (2am CET) at the earliest. But it also has to wait for the conclusion of the women's match that is currently on court between Agnieszka Radwanska and Kristen Flipkens.
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||03/04/1978|